Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ability to control Humidity setpoint on ECB3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to control Humidity setpoint on ECB3?

Running the Ecobee plugin on HS3 Pro, connected to Ecobee-3. I see a couple threads asking the question, but no answer. I see the Humidity value in the plug-in device, but no ability to control.

I'm looking for a way to change the humidity setpoint on the Ecobee. First tried looking at comfort settings on the ECB3, but doesn't seem to be way to set different humidity levels on ECB3, and then just control from Homeseer, which Comfort Setting is being used. So alternatively, I would like to change the humidity setpoint from Homeseer, but doesn't seem to be that option. Is there a way?
    Last edited by klafollette; April 5, 2018, 06:20 PM.

Can you control the humidity setpoint from the Ecobee web interface? If so please post a screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      Can you control the humidity setpoint from the Ecobee web interface? If so please post a screenshot.

Screenshot attached. From main ecobee.com web portal main page, click on 'System', then on System page, you have the HVAC heat/cool mode, Fan time, and then 'Humidifier' tab. From the 'Humidifier' tab, you have options to turn 'On', 'Off', or 'Frost Control'. Off and Frost Control have zero controls, they're just selected. When you select 'On', then you get the set point scroll bar to manually set the humidity set point.

The Frost Control is for winter, and as I understand the Ecobee will adjust the humidity based on outside air temp, lowering it when it gets colder so windows don't frost up.

At minimum, being able to turn it on/off from Homeseer would be great. Ideally, being able to select the 3 different modes, and then in the 'On' mode, being able to change the setpoint, would be awesome.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by klafollette; April 5, 2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

in version 3.0.0.23 (available here), I have added a "Humidifier Mode" and a "Humidifier Level" devices.

Click image for larger version

Name:	humidifier.png
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1196210

Comment

I installed 3.0.0.23, and it works great! Tested changing humidity mode from Homeseer: Manual, Off, Auto and Ecobee changed. Set humidity mode to Manual and changed setpoint in Homeseer, and Ecobee changed to match. Then I changed humidity modes and setpoint on Ecobee, and status and Homeseer updated to match. Perfect.

Thanks much for the quick feature update!

Comment

Working...
          X