Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinect Plug-in Features

I'm working on a kinect plugin for HS3.
    So far it can detect how many people there is in a specific zone of the room (see screenshots below), and it can do some basic gesture and posture recognition.

I would like to hear what would be the most desired features for such a kinect plugin?

Click image for larger version

Name:	zones.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	1205823

Click image for larger version

Name:	devices.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1205824

Wow. This could be really big.

I would like to see the ability to recognize people.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

What hardware does this require?
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

A good VR working interface would also be nice.

I would probably use it to manage the multimedia stuff in the family room; simple stuff; then again even a hand gesture would be better than using the remote....

I never have utilized Homeseer VR but did play with TTS stuff in the 80's and 90's; today though I have it shut off in two vehicles because it was annoying me.

Kind of what CastleOS is doing would be nice...

http://www.castleos.com/
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

wow I cant wait for this. If you need a Beta tester then I am here to help.

I would love this to do VR , gesture and posture recognition.

Keep up what looks like great work.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

I don't own a kinect device, but if I could put one in the master bedroom and it could tell we're all asleep, ignore all cat activity, and turn off the lights either by VR, gesture, or 5 minutes after we fall asleep, and dim to 20% if we get up from the bed, that would be pretty awesome.

I can do some of this now with motion sensors and VR and some trickery, but really, the entire reason I started home automation was to do what I just stated above.... The rest of the stuff that I've added over the years, that's jsut gravy (icing on the cake).

If the kinect can wirelessly be connected to the HS server, would this be strictly HS2 or HS3 or would it be multi-version capable?
            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
              If the kinect can wirelessly be connected to the HS server, would this be strictly HS2 or HS3 or would it be multi-version capable?
              it would be a HS3 plugin only.

The kinect needs to be connected to a win7 or win8 machine on which the plugin would be installed. HS3 supports remote plugin, so the kinect machine is not necessarily the HS server.
              Last edited by spud; September 25, 2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                What hardware does this require?
                it requires a Microsoft Kinect. There are two version of these
                • Kinect for Xbox 360
                • Kinect for Windows

They are almost the same hardware, but Kinect for Windows supports additional features (like near mode) but is more expensive.

Kinect for Xbox 360 is not officially supported to work connected to a PC, and the kinect runtime will not work with this version.

From Kinect FAQ

The Kinect for Xbox 360 sensor was built for and tested with the Xbox 360 only, not with any other platform, which is why it is not licensed for general commercial use, supported, or under warranty when used on any other platform.
                That being said, the kinect SDK supports kinect for Xbox 360 for "development purposes".

This is the version I have to develop this plugin and it works great. I just get a warning in visual studio:
                The Kinect sensor plugged into your computer is for use on the Xbox 360.
                You may continue using your Xbox 360 Kinect sensor on your computer for development purposes.
                Microsoft does not guarantee full compatibility for Kinect for Windows applications and the Xbox 360 Kinect Sensor.
                Last edited by spud; October 8, 2013, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Will this support more than one connect?
                  Will this support multiple plugins on different computers with connects attached?
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                    Will this support more than one connect?
                    Will this support multiple plugins on different computers with connects attached?
                    yes the plugin will support multiple instances in multiple processes mode, but right now this mode is a little buggy in HS3; I have a bugzilla ticket that needs to be addressed for this to work correctly.

Comment

I have the xbox 360 version of kinect . I thought I had to go to the PC version to utilize this with HS. I started some code but time does not allow it. I would be more than happy to beta test. My main HS2 box is win 7.

I had the VR and Cam working with HS 2 and thats as far as I have got it. It has an array noise cancelling mic setup which did work very well with HS.
                      VR and people recognition would be high on the list.
                      Ability to lock system until admin is recognized.
                      Sitting or standing recognition could be utilized uniquely too.
                      Pet recognition?
                      I'm willing to "donate" to help to bring this to fruition.
                      3.0.0.548: HS3PRO - 3.0.5.10: AIAlert - 2.1.1.0: APIWeather - 2.0.64.0: BLBackup - 2.0.45.0: BLLAN - 2.0.37.0: BLRoombaWifi - 1.0.0.3: DevLog - 1.2.5.15: KeyPad - 3.0.2.25: NetCAM - 0.0.0.52: Pushover 3P - 3.0.0.5: SendVFD - 1.0.0.3: Tiles - 3.0.11.0: Z-Wave

Comment

Good job Spud! I am interested in this as well - not that I don't already have a ton of things going on and plug-ins to upgrade, but I will definitely be following this... gonna go check out the price on the Kinect now!
                        Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                          I don't own a kinect device, but if I could put one in the master bedroom and it could tell we're all asleep, ignore all cat activity, and turn off the lights either by VR, gesture, or 5 minutes after we fall asleep, and dim to 20% if we get up from the bed, that would be pretty awesome.
                          I imagine it would be a stretch for the Kinect to detect people in bed reliably. It if could though.................
                          Originally posted by rprade
                          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Good VR seems to be the most wanted, so that's what I'm going to work on next. Once it's done I will post a Beta version of the plugin.

I'm willing to "donate" to help to bring this to fruition.
                            I accept Bitcoin donations, my address is 1KhksuMBY3syCxP3hh6ZWdz9kXjAmCjYQ8
                            If you don't know what is Bitcoin, google it and read about it, it's very innovative and interesting stuff.

Comment

I had started a kinect plugin for HS3 back at the beginning of the year but have not had time to work on it.
                              Good to see it being worked on. Not sure if I will finish mine. Too many other plugins to update and add to right now
                              Cheers,
                              Bob
                              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
                              X