This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMS Gateway for HS3

The SMS-Gateway plugin is designed to connect HS3 to a GSM phone or modem via a serial port in order for HS3 to send/receive SMS messages.

The plugin offers the following features:
    • Send SMS messages as an event action
    • Trigger an event when a new SMS arrives based on sender or message content
    • Show last message data as 3 devices in Homeseer (date/time, sender, message)
    • Substitute placeholders with Homeseer replacement variables
    • Exposes SMS sending to 3rd party scripts and plugins
    • Shows phone/modem signal strength as a Homeseer device

Note, this plugin is not currently designed to use public cloud based SMS servers, it is designed to use a serial attached (COM port) modem or GSM phone to send/receive SMS messages.

The plugin is available in the HST store or via the Updater.

Changelog
    Last edited by beerygaz; November 4, 2013, 12:42 AM.
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Wrong icons

Should it realy be lamp Icons on the sms devices ?

i'am running version 3.0.21.23698
    Attached Files

Comment

SMS Gateway for HS3

This is a frustrating hS3 default. Try sending your gateway an SMS and see if they go away once the devices get updated.
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Hello,

I want to try your plugin but getting a error

**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from SMS-Gateway - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

I have a Siemens M20 Modem with is working fine with HS2 on Com6
        Can you help getting this to work

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
          This is a frustrating hS3 default. Try sending your gateway an SMS and see if they go away once the devices get updated.
          Yes it did the trick. Sending sms from HS did not do it, but sending to HS did it.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by ESSCHENK View Post
            Hello,

I want to try your plugin but getting a error

**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from SMS-Gateway - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

I have a Siemens M20 Modem with is working fine with HS2 on Com6
            Can you help getting this to work

Ed
            This sounds like the plugin is not starting up correctly. Can you check the following for me please:

Nothing else is currently using Com6 (HS2 on the same machine, for instance)
            Are there any additional errors in the HS3 log file that might indicate why the plugin did not start?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for looking to this error
              here the startup from the log..
              I have disable HS2 complete .

When i start HS2 With Stipus plugin al is working well.

HS2 and HS3 are working on the same machine
              so there is no hardware problem.

Thanks ed

mei-17 19:56:02 SMS-Gateway Shutting down plugin
              mei-17 19:56:02 SMS-Gateway Shutting down SMS-Gateway operations, we're terminating
              mei-17 19:56:02 SMS-Gateway Error Error connecting to COM port: ATSMS.ConnectionException: Unable to send a simple AT command to initate comms (autobaud) Response: {0x0} ---{0x3E} ATSMS.InvalidOpException: Unable to send a simple AT command to initate comms (autobaud) Response: {0x0} bij ATSMS.Modem.Connect() --- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad --- bij ATSMS.Modem.Connect() bij HSPI_SMSGW.plugin.InitSMS()
              mei-17 19:56:01 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in SMS-Gateway
              mei-17 19:56:00 SMS-Gateway Connected, waiting to be initialized...
              mei-17 19:56:00 Info Plug-in SMS-Gateway has connected successfully

Comment

Ed, I'll look into this today and get back to you.

Comment

ED, can you download the latest version from the updater 3.0.21.25152 and before you start the plugin, go to the HS3 \Config folder, edit the HSPI_SMSGW.INI file and set the line:

DEBUG=False
                  to
                  DEBUG=True

Then start the plugin and send me your HS3 log entries as well as the HSPI_SMSGW.LOG file from the HS3 \Logs folder. Either paste them here or mail them to gavin at highpeak dot co dot za

Regards
                  Gavin.
                  Last edited by beerygaz; May 19, 2014, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Hi,

what means:
                    Custom Message Receive String (CNMI=) and "Custom Init String"
                    in the configuration of this plugin ?

Regards,
                    Fischi

Comment

Some modems need customized initialization strings or customs strings to set the notification for inbound messages. If the plugin is able to send and receive SMS messages by default then there is no reason to edit these entries in the config page.

If you struggle to receive messages then we may need to find a custom CNMI string that is compatible with your modem.

Comment

Thanks Beerygaz,
                        My modem is a TP-Link MA-260, it works very good and needs no extensions.

One question again:

Is it possible to add an option to trigger an event if the SMS-Gateway-Root
                        changes to "Disconnected"?
                        A devicevaluechange event doesn't work for this because the value and
                        the status are always 0=Off.
                        It would be useful to send a message (eg. mail or Pushover)
                        that the SMS Gateway is out of order.

Regards,
                        Fischi
                        Last edited by Fischi; November 16, 2014, 08:37 AM. Reason: failure

Comment

I'll look into this and make sure it goes into the next release.

Gavin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I want to send an sms from a script but I don't know the command I should use. The sms should be send to this phone#: 999999999
                            The plugin is working fine for me - I can send sms via events with no problems.

Here is my small script:

Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)
                            Dim Motiv As String
                            Motiv = "This is the sms I want to send"

End Sub

Comment

Musca check the help file, it has the syntax you need. If you struggle, then post here and I'll reply with a sample script (away from my PC right now).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Working...
                              X