Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to connect security camera dvr system to homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to connect security camera dvr system to homeseer?

I have an independent security camera system all tied into a dvr that is connected to my home network , any easy way to get that video output into homeseer so i can see all my devices and cameras on homeseer remotely?

I Integrate Mine with Blue Iris

Don't know what DVR/camera system you use.

I have all my IP cams going to a dedicated PC with Blue Iris.
    I have the Blue Iris plugin on my HS3 PC and trigger recording from within HS3.
    I monitor it all with the Blue Iris iPhone and iPad App.
    Alerts and Notification can be sent from both BI and HS3.

Benefits
    Motion triggering from HSTs HSM200 much better than either BI or the individual camss motion detection.
    I can trigger recordings and image alerts by door sensors and door lock changes, not just motion, also by the change in status of any HS3 device.

Comment

I've wondered the same thing.
      I have a Swan DVR which uses proprietary software for viewing.

In the past I've used an IPVideo 9100a and split the camera video off to the 9100a. I'm just getting my HS3 setup so I haven't got to the camera piece yet but it is something I want to do.

Let me know if you come up with something.
      Jay

Comment

HIKVISION

Thinking of purchasing HIKVISION IP 3mp cameras and just wondering which standalone NDVR would you recommend to directly connect to Homeseer controller with easy to install plugin ?

Comment

I have HikVision cameras around my house. Use a HikVision NVR. It's plug n play and will work with your HS setup.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
            I have HikVision cameras around my house. Use a HikVision NVR. It's plug n play and will work with your HS setup.
            Are these ip cameras?

Tom
            Tom
            baby steps...starting again with HS3
            HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
            HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
            Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
            In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
            System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I've had good experience with HikVision installation. They sell very reasonably priced DVR with 8 POE ports and it's pretty much plug and play if you let the DVR manage its own network.

I also use Mobotix cameras. While they're priced higher, they have loads of sensors and functionalities in it that can be used for home automation:
              - Insane motion detection flexibility
              - Video analytics (analyze direction of object motion, generate heatmap)
              - Light sensor
              - thermometer
              - sound detection
              - SIP client AND server
              - the camera has event logic and can send IP commands to HomeSeer based on the sensor triggers)
              - (optional, USB to serial, signal I/O)
              - contacts for door control, lights, etc
              - some models have PIR sensor
              - the Q24/25 model is hemispheric (360), it can most likely replace the function of 2 or more cameras
              HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                Are these ip cameras?

Tom
                Yep...All IP dome 3MP cameras using the POE capabilities from the HikVision NVR.

Comment

This is an old thread, but I am wondering the same thing. The thread started with "Can you connect a standalone DVR/NVR system to Homeseer?". I never saw a clear answer; does anyone know? I understand the Blue Iris route, but I already have a nice NVSM 7000 with 8 POE cameras on it and would rather not start over.
                  HS4Pro on Windows 10
                  One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
                  2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
                  300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
                  6 CT-100 tstats
                  Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
                  18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Working...
                  X