Free Alternative HS3 Omnistat Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Alternative HS3 Omnistat Plugin

Support for this plugin is now located at:http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1286
    Last edited by Kirby; July 29, 2015, 09:58 AM. Reason: Removed Older Version. The plugin is now in the updater.

Thanks

+1 it works like a champ.

Comment

Are you going to put this plugin in the HS updater?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Kirby!! This is a great plugin! Are you going to sell it? I need to pay you for your very good work!

I am amazed that HomeSeer's own plugins for devices that they really have focused on cannot seem to complete on HS3 (HAI Omnistat, Current Cost, Insteon)...

It really seems like they are no longer in the business of making plugins for their own code really.

When will you be selling this? You have done GREAT work here!
        ---------------------------------------------------
        Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
        jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Thanks, Jeanv.
          I appreciate your comments. I don't have any plans to sell it but I would like to put it in the updater so that it is easier for more people to use. Hopefully I can arrange with HomeSeer to have that done next week. I wanted to make sure people weren't having problems with it before I asked HomeSeer to place it in the updater.

Comment

Ok then, is there a PayPal account where I can then pay you personally for your good work? It not only works great, it is better than the HAI Omnistat was in HS2.

Thanks again and let me know what address I can send you my gratitude.
            jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Jeanv,
              I really appreciate the offer. Knowing that you like the plugin and find it useful is reward enough. I had help along the way developing the plugin. AO! got me started with some code samples and Mark Sandler helped along the way when I ran into various technical issues. They deserve credit also.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Comment

This is great! Thanks! Ditto on the paypal info. PM me if you'd like.
                -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
                Way2 Call
                Elk M1 Gold
                UPB HAI switches
                HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Ok Kirby, I think I found the answer to part of my own question from reading first posting. You wrote a function to convert the temperature. Here is what I have working:

Code:
                    ThermostatTemperature = hs.PluginFunction("Omnistat 3","","Omnitemp2Temp",{DeviceValue,"F"})
                    The questions are:

1 - Is the DeviceValue returned from your plugin always an Integer (not a Double)?

2 - Is there a way for me to get temperature to the first decimal place from the RC-1000 that I have or is a full integer temperature as accurate as the thermostat can do?
                    jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

The questions are:

1 - Is the DeviceValue returned from your plugin always an Integer (not a Double)?

2 - Is there a way for me to get temperature to the first decimal place from the RC-1000 that I have or is a full integer temperature as accurate as the thermostat can do?
                      1) Yes, the device value is an omnitemp integer from 0 to 255. The value maps nicely to Celsius in half degree increments. The mapping to Fahrenheit is not as clean. I decided to round the Fahrenheit values to whole degrees. I have attached the Omnistat mapping table.

2) Yes, I have attached a script (ConvertOmnitemp.txt) that you can use to return a more accurate temp in tenths. It is written in C# and is very simple.
                      To try it, copy the file to your HS script directory and change the extension from .txt to .cs
                      Attached Files

Comment

Omnistat 3 is Now in the Updater.

Omnistat 3 has been put in the updater for Windows and Linux. I am hoping to get a forum added to the HomeSeer Message Board for support soon.

Comment

Kirby, your C# code that translated the integer value to a double works great! I do not call the plugin's "Omnitemp2Temp" function anymore and just use the script now.

I wanted to ask, is there any way to turn off all the logging? The plugin writes to the HomeSeer log quite often even when I turn off those options. For example every time I called the "Omnitemp2Temp" function, it logged it.

Right now I get the following:

Jul-22 8:45:07 AM Omnistat 3 PluginFunction called. for Capabilities
                          Jul-22 7:59:46 AM Omnistat 3 PluginFunction called. for Capabilities
                          Jul-22 7:58:10 AM Omnistat 3 PluginFunction called. for Capabilities
                          Jul-22 7:54:23 AM Omnistat 3 PluginFunction called. for Capabilities
                          Jul-22 7:54:05 AM Omnistat 3 PluginFunction called. for Capabilities
                          Jul-22 7:53:58 AM Omnistat 3 PluginFunction called. for Capabilities
                          Jul-22 7:53:50 AM Omnistat 3 PluginFunction called. for Capabilities
                          Jul-22 7:53:35 AM Omnistat 3 PluginFunction called. for Capabilities
                          Jul-22 7:43:54 AM Omnistat 3 PluginFunction called. for Capabilities

Any way to optionally eliminate this?
                          jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Jul-22 7:43:54 AM Omnistat 3 PluginFunction called. for Capabilities

Any way to optionally eliminate this?
                            The log message was intended for debug but was not tagged properly. The only way to fix it was to modify the software.

I have submitted a new version to the updater (3.1.0.51) which should resolve the issue.

Since this is my first subsequent submission, I don't know how long it takes to appear.

Make sure that you disable and then enable the new version so that the change will take effect.

Comment

Jean-Marie,
                              It occurred to me that there may be a simpler way to address your need for more accuracy for the temp display. The simplest way, although initially somewhat tedious is to update the graphics pairs for your temperature device. It is at the device properties level that I do the mapping.

You can just select the device and remap the status graphics pairs and they will display the way you want without any additional scripts etc.

Here's what it will look like and the change to the graphic pairs.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X