Accidental removal of node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental removal of node

I deleted the root of a couple of devices and shouldn't have because it deleted all thier children too. Oops. Is there a way to get these devices back other than including them again?

Reason I ask is that one device was node 23, when i re-added it i noticed in the log that it was added as node 75, but the system went through a string of log messages to remove node 23 first - so despite it being deleted it's information seemed to still be in the system. Is there a way to get that info back for other nodes i deleted, or is including them again the way to go?

Thanks!

Originally posted by grahamk View Post
    I deleted the root of a couple of devices and shouldn't have because it deleted all thier children too. Oops. Is there a way to get these devices back other than including them again?

Reason I ask is that one device was node 23, when i re-added it i noticed in the log that it was added as node 75, but the system went through a string of log messages to remove node 23 first - so despite it being deleted it's information seemed to still be in the system. Is there a way to get that info back for other nodes i deleted, or is including them again the way to go?

Thanks!
    If you only deleted the nodes from the Device Manager, they are still in the controller. Go to Plug-ins>Z-Wave>Controller Management then choose the Action "Import Node Info from Controller and Scan Devices". That will re-create the deleted root and child nodes in the Device Manager. They will be created with generic names and locations. It will not affect existing and working nodes. This will not work on any that you have attempted to include again, because the old node is excluded when you try to include it again. When they are imported again, they will have the same root node number, but all of the Reference IDs will be different. As a result all of the events associated with the nodes you deleted will have to be fixed.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks Randy - that worked! :-)

Comment

Working...
      X