Most of My Z-Wave Nodes Show Status Unknown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of My Z-Wave Nodes Show Status Unknown

I have had my HS3 / ZNET setup working for a couple of years now.

Over the weekend, I began to notice problems controlling my 2GiG CT30 thermostat on Node 3.

I added it again and it registered as Node 12 and seemed to work fine.

Then, I deleted the previous thermo on Node 3. Probably the wrong thing to do.

Now, I am unable to connect to most of my Z-Wave nodes. A few still work and show status though.

When I test connectivity it fails and when I try to optimize, I receive: "The optimization was not executed as the node cannot be reached."

I would be really grateful if someone would give me some troubleshooting tips. I haven't messed with this stuff in years.

Thanks.

You might have a bad zwave device interfering with communications. I would reboot the house first. Kill the main breaker to reboot all switches etc. Reinstall all batteries in devices. Don't forget devices on battery backup. Then try communication again
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Thanks very much for the reply!

I'll give it a try and post back.

Comment

I have a similar issue, which appeared after upgrading my Z-Net to firmware .23

Comment

Happily I did not have to throw the house breakers, which always seems to yield unexpected results.

I noticed that all of my offline Z-Wave devices were on one side of my thermostat.

I power cycled my thermo by removing the "C" wire and my devices became reachable again.

Did a full optimization and all is golden.

Thanks for the suggestion which put me on track to troubleshoot this.

My Z-Net firmware has not been updated. I don't even know what version it is.

Comment

Working...
          X