Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no devices or activities after installing

Hi!
    I am interested in buying this plugin in order to control my TV using HSTouch. It is planed to create an event that turns on TV, closes shutters and dims light.
    I have installed the trial-version, configured and enabled the hub, but after klicking rescan devices and activities nothing happens.
    What am I doing wrong?

:-)
    Uli

Originally posted by fagor View Post
    Hi!
    I am interested in buying this plugin in order to control my TV using HSTouch. It is planed to create an event that turns on TV, closes shutters and dims light.
    I have installed the trial-version, configured and enabled the hub, but after klicking rescan devices and activities nothing happens.
    What am I doing wrong?

:-)
    Uli
    Which version did you test. There was a problem with the Logitech authentication, which is solved in 3.6.2.0
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Hi,
      your new Version 3.6.5.0 solved it only partly.
      I updated your plugin and recanned Devices and Activities.
      Devices and activities showed up correctly but one activity was containing funny letters because of a special german letter. I removed this letter and were forced to install a new firmware on the harmony hub.
      After a rescan the activities look good, but no devices (except of "power off") will be created.

;-)
      Uli

Comment

Did you get this fixed? I updated to newest plugin version and all was fine until what seemed to be a forced update on the harmony hub earlier today and now i have no discovered devices even though the plugin says all is good. I turned on debug and got the following from the hs log

Dec-16 7:53:20 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Update Activity reference/status is : 478----Hub1=1
        Dec-16 7:53:20 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub reference/status is : 478--PowerOff--Active--1
        Dec-16 7:53:19 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Active Activity output for:Hub1: HARMONY COMMUNICATION LOGIN : FAILURE
        Last edited by MSAUTO; December 16, 2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I hope its fixed.
          Only reinstalling was not enough. After uninstalling the plugin I had to look through the Homeseer-Folder and delete all files named *harmony*, before I installed the plugin again.
          Now I have one device for my activities with a dropdown-menu containing all activities.
          I dont know how to use this device yet, but I hope to find out soon what I have to do to make Homeseer run an activity, swich between the activities or "power off".
          ;-)
          Uli

Comment

Originally posted by fagor View Post
            I hope its fixed.
            Only reinstalling was not enough. After uninstalling the plugin I had to look through the Homeseer-Folder and delete all files named *harmony*, before I installed the plugin again.
            Now I have one device for my activities with a dropdown-menu containing all activities.
            I dont know how to use this device yet, but I hope to find out soon what I have to do to make Homeseer run an activity, swich between the activities or "power off".
            ;-)
            Uli
            That sounds really odd,I reinstalled mine as well and it did no good then about 6 hours later it just started working out of the blue no info that I can find in the log or anything. It started working when I forgot that it was broken and told Alexa to turn on the tv and the tv came on to my surprise ,but when I went to the config page there were still no devices or activities shown but all my existing events were working . I RAN DISCOVERY 3 TIMES AND ALL OF A SUDDEN ALL MY DEVICES AND ACTIVITIES WERE BACK LIKE BEFORE.VERY STRANGE.Wish I knew what fixed it maybe the same would work for you.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Comment

The plugin is now runing as intended.
              I have created one button for each activity on HSTouch and am able to run the activities by mobile now.
              ;-)
              Uli

Comment

Detail Debugging

Is there any additional debugging I can turn on with this plugin? I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times - chmod +x the .exe files, and I still cant get it to discover my hub/activities/devices. This is a new install, so it has never worked.

I checked and my hub is running (according to the my harmony app) Version 4.12.36. It doesn't appear to have anything later than that available. This is a Harmony Ultimate Home hub.

When I manually rescan for devices or activities these are the only entries in the log:

Dec-25 9:13:18 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output for :Hub1: -
                Dec-25 9:13:18 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub OS type is 1
                Dec-25 9:13:00 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub1: -

I'm running the linux flavor of the plugin, version 3.6.5.0.

Stopping and restarting the pluin doesn't seem to throw any errors either:

Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Harmony Hub
                Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Architecture is: i686C
                Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test CPU platform: Architecture: i686 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): 2 On-line CPU(s) list: 0,1 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s) per socket: 2 Socket(s): 1 Vendor ID: GenuineIntel CPU family: 6 Model: 55 Stepping: 8 CPU MHz: 2600.031 BogoMIPS: 3161.60 Virtualization: VT-x L1d cache: 24K L1i cache: 32K L2 cache: 1024K
                Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Running on Linux version
                Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Harmony Hub InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
                Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Info Plugin Harmony Hub has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:48511
                Dec-25 9:18:17 PM Info Plugin Harmony Hub with instance: has disconnected
                Dec-25 9:18:17 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Harmony Hub

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. I bought the plugin when I ordered my homeseer unit, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea...

Thanks in advance,

Woody

Comment

Originally posted by woody1961 View Post
                  Is there any additional debugging I can turn on with this plugin? I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times - chmod +x the .exe files, and I still cant get it to discover my hub/activities/devices. This is a new install, so it has never worked.

I checked and my hub is running (according to the my harmony app) Version 4.12.36. It doesn't appear to have anything later than that available. This is a Harmony Ultimate Home hub.

When I manually rescan for devices or activities these are the only entries in the log:

Dec-25 9:13:18 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output for :Hub1: -
                  Dec-25 9:13:18 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub OS type is 1
                  Dec-25 9:13:00 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub1: -

I'm running the linux flavor of the plugin, version 3.6.5.0.

Stopping and restarting the pluin doesn't seem to throw any errors either:

Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Harmony Hub
                  Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Architecture is: i686C
                  Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test CPU platform: Architecture: i686 CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit Byte Order: Little Endian CPU(s): 2 On-line CPU(s) list: 0,1 Thread(s) per core: 1 Core(s) per socket: 2 Socket(s): 1 Vendor ID: GenuineIntel CPU family: 6 Model: 55 Stepping: 8 CPU MHz: 2600.031 BogoMIPS: 3161.60 Virtualization: VT-x L1d cache: 24K L1i cache: 32K L2 cache: 1024K
                  Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Running on Linux version
                  Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Harmony Hub InitIO called, plug-in is being initialized...
                  Dec-25 9:18:23 PM Info Plugin Harmony Hub has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:48511
                  Dec-25 9:18:17 PM Info Plugin Harmony Hub with instance: has disconnected
                  Dec-25 9:18:17 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Harmony Hub

Any help/suggestions greatly appreciated. I bought the plugin when I ordered my homeseer unit, which in hindsight probably wasn't the best idea...

Thanks in advance,

Woody
                  What Linux version are you running ?
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Linux Version

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                    What Linux version are you running ?
                    This is a brand new hometrollerSEL purchased within the last few days.

Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

Thanks in advance,

Woody

Comment

This is a brand new hometrollerSEL purchased within the last few days.

Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

Thanks in advance,

Woody
                      Rien du Pre,

Is there any additional information I can provide to get this plugin working on my system?

Thanks,

Woody

Comment

Have you turned on debug logging of the plugin ?

I need more detailed logging to find out what is causing this?
                        Regards,

Rien du Pre
                        The Netherlands
                        Using:
                        Plugin's:
                        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                          Have you turned on debug logging of the plugin ?

I need more detailed logging to find out what is causing this?
                          Will do. I'll try to get you something this weekend.

Woody

Comment

Will do. I'll try to get you something this weekend.

Woody
                            Just a quick followup on why I haven't posted back any logging data . I went a different route and loaded this on a raspberry pi. This has given me full local control over the harmony hub through http PUT/GET and POST requests.

Woody

Comment

Working...
                            X