Wire Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire Management

First off. Thanks a million for this plugin. Makes things stupid simple to setup.

I bought a Mega 2560 and have it down in my server room. I am doing home runs from all the random sensors I want to install and right now only have a few, but can see quickly this is going to be a wiring nightmare shortly. What are others doing to keep things clean with these mega units?

Also I have a separate power supply I am going to use to run the 5 volts back to the sensors that need it instead of pulling from the arduino board and curious how others are doing this as well and keeping things neat.

Hi There

I think its going to depend on inputs v's outputs. Relay boards are simple for outputs. For inputs, yes that is going to get a touch messier as inputs are either wired to gnd or +5v.

Possibly make up your own I/O boards with terminal strips that then wire to the arduino ?

I'm about to cross that bridge myself with inputs as I am hoping to mount this one onto the wall this weekend.

For the RGB PWM outputs I made my own boards that are wired to the Arduino. Relay boards are self explanatory . Inputs in my case will have pull ups and will go low to trip so I'm going to have to wire most inputs to gnd.....

Pete
    Attached Files
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
    X