Water usage no longer gets recorded for all areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water usage no longer gets recorded for all areas

Hi since I updated to 2.17 my water consumption is only measured for the zones in area 1. I checked the configuration of all zones and they all seem correct (I am using the Rain8 to measure water consumption). The site data is also wrong (only adding the area 1 usage) but the overall water meter number is correct.

Current Date/Time: 2017/01/21 07:27:54
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.298
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language - Work Station
    System Uptime: 1 Day 23 Hours 43 Minutes 2 Seconds
    IP Address:
    Number of Devices: 299
    Number of Events: 24
    Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.119.0: BLRussound
    3.0.0.56: DSC Security
    3.0.0.17: iAutomate RFID
    2.17.0.4: MCSSPRINKLERSP
    1.0.2.0: MyS0mfy
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

I setup a test with 3 areas and one zone per area. I manually turned on the Area 2 zone, changed the water meter input by 10 counts. I observed that device S46 (Area 2 status) reflected 37.5 liters with 3.75 ltr/cnt setup. I saw the same in the S53 (Site status). I clicked on the calendar of each of these two devices and saw the water use as being recorded at 37.5.

There is quite a bit of debug for water use accounting. It may be best to start with the debug that captures an example of what you are describing.

Comment

Attached my setup file and a debug log. Zone 5 in area 3 was on for 18 minutes. Although I can see the water meter reading increase, the zone, area and site numbers does not increase.

As mentioned in the original post this happens for all zones except the zones in area 1.
      Attached Files

Comment

Should be addressed in 2.17.0.5 that I am putting in the updater now

Comment

Thanks - impressive turnaround time!

Comment

Unfortunately the update now broke my plugin. Despite the normal reboot of the server and reinstall of the plug it gives me a "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from MCSSPRINKLERSP" when trying to enable it. Please help urgently.

Comment

I am not able to urgently help as I am now traveling, but the prior plugin version are available at http://mcsSprinklers.com such as mcsSprinklers_21704hs3.zip. (http://mcsSprinklers.com/mcsSprinklers_21704hs3.dll) Others are also available using same filename pattern. Unzip into the HS3 folder. The HS log file will contain more details of why the interface reports failed. A common problem has been with MySQL connector. There are other threads about this on the board.
              Last edited by Michael McSharry; January 23, 2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Michael - can you just check that path / naming convention for me. When clicking the link it gives me a 404.

PS - I did fix the mySQL error with version .04. When I look in the log now it gives no error message - but you can look at that when you have time later.

Comment

I had a .zip rather than .dll in the link. It is setup for the Other Page beta download support. If the .dll is downloaded manually then it needs to be renamed to mcsSprinklers_2009.dll before it can be put in the HS3 folder.

I am not clear on what is broken for you. Is it only 2.17.0.5 and if then I have an idea but cannot check it when I am away. I may have hard coded the server address to my test computer rather than localhost. I sometimes forget to restore it. To overcome this I put the 2.17.0.4 hspi_mcsSprinklers.exe in the 2.17.0.5 download. You can try it if the problem was not being able to connect. This will also protect others that may download 2.17.0.5 when I am away. It may only confuse them because the version ID is old.
                  Last edited by Michael McSharry; January 23, 2017, 10:25 PM.

Comment

OK, I got it going again by restoring the previous version of the exe from my cloud backups. Please let me know once it is fixed

Comment

Michael - when will you be able to send a new version that sorts out this problem?

Comment

I had taken care of it the same day by combining the .04 .exe with the .05 dll in the updater package. Today I put the .05 .exe in the updater package.

Comment

Thanks. Did not realise that happened.

Comment

Working...
                          X