X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
    Wooow.

I did a firmware update on one of my hubs and now I have similar issues

Can all off you who are facing this issue with missing activities respond with your hub firmware version?
    Good! (as in now you have a relevant basis for investigation)

4.12.36 here.

Comment

Going to throw my issue into this as well, thought it was just me and linux but I am also on the harmony firmware 4.12.36 and seem to have no activities/devices show up.

Comment

Ok.

Now I know it's an issue raised in the new firmware.

There are 2 options,

1. Find out how the firmware has changed and hopefully find a solution.
        2. Rewrite the plugin with the official API

I would like to go for option 2, but this might take a few weeks. Logitech have to approve the code to get a production token. The advantage is that road is ready for the future. I knew this moment would come, because I used an unofficial way of getting the info from the hub.

Do you agree on my approach ?

Sorry for the inconvience
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Rien,

I Agree, please try the official API route, also for future use.

For now i can still activate my activities, as long if i dont remove the devices.

i hope you have a lot of spare time thanks in advance

Bart
          Regards Bart
          ------------------------------------------
          Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
          HSPRO 3.
          Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I don't Bart...

But a lot of users are depending on this plugin, so I want to help them as soon as I can.

If you can't wait, you can downgrade the firmware (I did this) by using the procedure below.

Steps to Downgrade Firmware:

◙ Launch MyHarmony Computer Application.
            ◙ Before clicking anywhere inside the window.
            > Windows users: Press Alt+F9.
            > Mac users: Press Fn+Option+F9 or Option+F9 (depending on Mac model, either one will work).
            ◙ You will be taken to advanced tools page.
            ◙ Select 'Factory Reset' button below your Harmony Remote Model.
            ◙ Now frestore Harmony Hub firmware listed on the page to downgrade Firmware. Don't do the reset to factory settings
            ◙ Once you are done, do not Sync. Syncing will update the Firmware again.
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Ok.

Now I know it's an issue raised in the new firmware.

There are 2 options,

1. Find out how the firmware has changed and hopefully find a solution.
              2. Rewrite the plugin with the official API

I would like to go for option 2, but this might take a few weeks. Logitech have to approve the code to get a production token. The advantage is that road is ready for the future. I knew this moment would come, because I used an unofficial way of getting the info from the hub.

Do you agree on my approach ?

Sorry for the inconvience
              The only downside with (2) is that we would no longer have the possibility to triggar Button pressses, byt only scene activation. That's a will-not-buy for me.

Of course I agree that (2) is the only sane way forward, but I'll hold of purchasing the plugin until (if ever) the API is extended with those functions.

I don't think they will,approve your code if you use official API to get an inventory, but use unofficial ways to trigger presses.

Comment

Originally posted by janjoh View Post
                The only downside with (2) is that we would no longer have the possibility to triggar Button pressses, byt only scene activation. That's a will-not-buy for me.

Of course I agree that (2) is the only sane way forward, but I'll hold of purchasing the plugin until (if ever) the API is extended with those functions.

I don't think they will,approve your code if you use official API to get an inventory, but use unofficial ways to trigger presses.

Jan, Rien,

Is this true? Are the individual devices not accessible with the offial api? this is also a no go for me (airco interfacing...)

regards

Bart
                Regards Bart
                HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
                  Jan, Rien,

Is this true? Are the individual devices not accessible with the offial api? this is also a no go for me (airco interfacing...)

regards

Bart
                  https://www.myharmony.com/en-se/harm...landing%20page

which links to

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...EoxsDbgt8I/pub

Also see
                  https://forum.fibaro.com/index.php?/...#comment-74136 (j.nowacki is a Fibaro employee on the development team)

Comment

Originally posted by janjoh View Post
                    This is true....

But I found a solution for the problems using the 'old' method. I have to do some more testing and compile it for different platforms. But expect a new version this weekend.
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I am also having the same problem. Only two of three of my Activities show up.

Comment

This is true....

But I found a solution for the problems using the 'old' method. I have to do some more testing and compile it for different platforms. But expect a new version this weekend.
                        New version... much better, BUT i do not have an"activity device" that I can see.. what is it called etc? I cant find any devoce that lets me start Activities?

dec-15 18:13:36 Harmony HubInfo Activity device for Hub1 allready exists
                        dec-15 18:13:08 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output id is Listen to CDs
                        dec-15 18:13:08 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output id is Sonos
                        dec-15 18:13:08 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output id is Bluray
                        dec-15 18:13:08 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output id is TVNetflix
                        dec-15 18:13:08 Harmony Hub Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output id is PowerOff

Comment

Rien, great work! Seems to work for me so far

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
                          Regards Bart
                          HSPRO 3.

Comment

Is this supposed to fix linux as well? Still not working after the upgrade.

I am getting the following when I click on Rescan devices:

Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub1: -

I get similar for Rescan activities:
                            Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output for :Hub1: -

Edit:

I tried to run some of the bin files with mono (not sure if this is supposed to work or not):
                            mono bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe [username] [password] [ip] list_devices_raw
                            Cannot open assembly 'bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe': File does not contain a valid CIL image.

I see the bin files were modified recently so it appears they were updated, is anyone else able to get this working on linux?
                            Last edited by mrardon; December 15, 2016, 04:33 PM. Reason: Add error message

Comment

Originally posted by mrardon View Post
                              Is this supposed to fix linux as well? Still not working after the upgrade.

I am getting the following when I click on Rescan devices:

Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Devices output for :Hub1: -

I get similar for Rescan activities:
                              Plugin: Harmony Hub Test Get Activities output for :Hub1: -

Edit:

I tried to run some of the bin files with mono (not sure if this is supposed to work or not):
                              mono bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe [username] [password] [ip] list_devices_raw
                              Cannot open assembly 'bin/HarmonyHub/harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe': File does not contain a valid CIL image.

I see the bin files were modified recently so it appears they were updated, is anyone else able to get this working on linux?
                              No, this is a native executable. You run it without mono. There are two problems on my system. The first one was easy to fix, the executable bit wasn't set so I just did a chmod 755 on it. But the more serious problem is that apparently, my glibc++ is too old. If I try to run it I get
                              Code:
                              /harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe)
                              I guess I have to upgrade my system (which is on my todo list already for a long time).

Comment

Originally posted by kkkk View Post
                                No, this is a native executable. You run it without mono. There are two problems on my system. The first one was easy to fix, the executable bit wasn't set so I just did a chmod 755 on it. But the more serious problem is that apparently, my glibc++ is too old. If I try to run it I get
                                Code:
                                /harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe)
                                I guess I have to upgrade my system (which is on my todo list already for a long time).
                                Right I made it executable and tried that approach but kept getting: "bash: harmonyhubcontrol_linux.exe: No such file or directory" but it's clearly there and executable, so I tried with mono. Wonder what it thinks is missing. I didn't see a list of requirements for this to run. Is that listed anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                                X