Amazon Echo with HAI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Echo with HAI

I am a new user. My goal is to control my HAI OmniPro II system with Alexa. I purchased the HomeSeer HomeTroller Zee S2. I only want to use the HomeSeer product to provide a voice activated connection to my HAI System.

I installed the HomeTroller and installed the HAI Plug in. I paid for the plug in, but the plug in doesn't ask me for any registration.

The plug in fails. I have attached the log here. I entered in the IP address and keys of the panel.

Question, I assume I can control the lights, does the plug-in allow me to run the buttons I created on HAI?

I appreciate any help you can give me.
    Attached Files

MagicMan,

I have tested this and have not seen those errors before. rmasonjr may have to address those. Did you download the plug-in through the HS web interface under the Beta section?

I can tell you however that the control through Alexa works very well. You can control Lighting, Thermostats, Flags, Buttons, Security and more.

Comment

Looks like the plugin isn't connecting to the panel. That said shut down the plugin and SSH to your HS box and edit the INI file with your two HAI keys and IP or re enter the keys and IP of the panel in the plugin GUI.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Like Pete said, post the contents of your HAI.ini file and be sure to block out your keys so they are not public on the board.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks, will do

I will try the suggestions and update the thread. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
            <snip>

I can tell you however that the control through Alexa works very well. You can control Lighting, Thermostats, Flags, Buttons, Security and more.
            I can attest to this statement. I too am new to Alexa and Homeseer. After a little research and some help from this forum I can happily control all my X10 OMNI IIe connected devices and Omnistat thermostat.

Kudos to Rob for developing this plugin for the community!

Comment

Amazon Echo Integration

OK, I must be doing something wrong. I reinitialized my Homeseer Zee 2. and started all over. I downloaded the HAI plug-in, entered in my IP address and keys (straight off the panel) - I entered in the keys without the dashes in between. Does the 'panel name' have to be validated? I entered in Omni IIe.

Once I enter this into the plug in, un - enable it and re - enable it, it fails and I can't get back to the plug in. Rob, you asked for the ini file. How do I get this file? Is it on the homeseer product (which I think is running Linux and I am not familiar with Linux commands) I searched my computer on don't see it.

Thanks, Doug

Comment

@Doug,

Download WinSCP from this site ==> WinSCP

It is a windows like explorer program that runs in Windows for getting to a Linux box.

When you connect to your Zee 2 you will see two windows, one on the left is your computer and the one on the right is your Zee-2.

Connect to the Zee 2 using your current homeseer login name and password.

Navigate over to /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config and you will see the HAI.ini file.

Click on it and you can see it and edit it. The keys and IP should be there.

You can name the panel anything you want.

BTW what OmniPro firmware do you have on your panel? Do you have the OmniPro 2 with the socketed firmware or the the one with the updatable firmware.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Pete; December 30, 2016, 08:35 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

HAI with Alexa

Hello Pete,

Thanks very much. I was able to follow your instructions. Here is the .ini file. The last two lines are the keys which I left off. Again the keys do not have the dashes between every two characters as displayed on the panel.

I don't know which version I have regarding the firmware. The system was installed by a security company about 6 years ago. I can try to find out if you like.

[config]
                  hai_port=4369
                  hai_protocol=TCP
                  useMySQL=False
                  useTimeSynch=False
                  mysql_dbName=hai
                  mysql_dbHost=127.0.0.1
                  mysql_dbPort=3306
                  mysql_dbUser=hai
                  mysql_dbPass=hai
                  mysql_dbRoot=root
                  consoleOutput=True
                  hai_commandWait=3000
                  debugFile=Logs/HAI.log
                  aboutURL=About.htm
                  logToHomeseer=True
                  imageFileLocation=images/HAI/
                  logmode=DEBUG
                  supportLink=http://board.homeseer.com
                  databaseLocation=Data\HAI\HAI.db
                  heartbeatsecs=30
                  flagsfrom=393
                  flagsto=511
                  unitsfrom=1
                  unitsto=256
                  outputFrom=385
                  outputTo=392
                  hai_interface=Omni IIe
                  hai_address=192.168.1.5

Comment

Yeah; do not see the keys in your ini. Make sure that the plugin is disabled then edit the INI so it looks like this one (mine). I used your ini here.

It is supposed to look like this:

hai_interface=Omni IIe
                    hai_address=192.168.1.5
                    hai_key1=1234567890123456
                    hai_key2=1234567890123456

Replace the two keys above with your keys.

Save the file and start the plugin. You should see it connect via the logs fine once you have the keys and IP in place.

The firmware version would be seen with PC Access or on the chips if it is using the rom chips,

Do you have pc access?
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thanks again Pete, I do really appreciate your responses.

The keys are in the file. I just left the last two lines off so that the keys didn't show. My last 4 lines look exactly like yours except for the key values which I have double checked.

I do have PC access. The firmware version is 3.6 according to PC access.

Thanks, Doug

Comment

Good news.

Next steps...

1 - Download putty here: Putty
                        2 - Install Putty - BTW once it is installed you can run putty from WinSCP.
                        3 - make sure the IP on the panel is in the subnet of your home network
                        4 - ping the OmniPro 2 panel IP from your windows computer - it you do not get a response then STOP here.
                        5 - ssh via putty to your homeseer computer
                        6 - start homeseer up and do not enable the HAI plugin
                        7 - SSH to your Homeseer box.
                        8 - in an SSH session start up the plugin this way.
                        9 - cd to your HomeSeer directory and type
                        10 - mono -V (post the results here) then type the following to start the plugin (long math way)
                        11 - mono HSPI_HAI.exe and post what you see:

The putty console window with be chock full of all sorts of information including any errors in connectivity.

Most important that you post the console logging here.

Baby steps above.

Here is a test (note I am testing on a computer (RPi2) no longer running Homeseer / HAI plugin as I switched over / testing to another computers).

HomeSeer# mono HSPI_HAI.exe
                        HAI Plugin v3.0.1.21
                        Connecting to HomeSeer at 127.0.0.1:10400
                        Connected to HS.

BTW do you have the HAI PC Access software for installers?

Have you used any of the HAI software on your mobile phone or at home? Does it work fine today for you?

BTW most important for now is that you have the rest of the RPi2 plugins disabled and we only test here now with the HAI plugin.

Note too that your limit of plugins on the Zee 2 is five (5).
                        Last edited by Pete; December 31, 2016, 10:04 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

OK, Pete, here is what I have done.

1. I downloaded Putty
                          2. Done
                          3. and 4. I verified that I can get to the panel and did a ping from my computer - I ATTACHED file
                          5, 6, and 7 done
                          8. Not sure how to do this?
                          9. done
                          10. done, see attachment
                          11. not done, see attachment, couldn't find the file. I was in the homeseer directory.

Not sure which version of PC Access I have. I use it to program the HAI system. It says Version 3.11.0.674 HAI PC Access - Configuration software for HAI Omni and Lumina series Home Automation contollers.

I do use HAI software on my mobile phone and it works great.

The only other plug-in that came installed are HS Touch Server and Z-Wave - both disabled.

As you said baby step. Thanks for your patience.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Good news!

Not sure which version of PC Access I have. I use it to program the HAI system. It says Version 3.11.0.674 HAI PC Access - Configuration software for HAI Omni and Lumina series Home Automation contollers.

You want to update the PCA software. It is free to update and the update will match up your current firmware and next time you write to your Omni box it will be updated to use the firmware you are currently using (3.16?). Just check for updates and only update the software.

Current base here is the OP2 panel, Russound zoned audio, Omnistat, Omnitouch 5.7(s)*, Omnitouch 5.7e(s), OmniTouch Pro software, and that same mobile software you use today.

* wife prefers to utilize the Omnitouch 5.7 consoles over anything based on their simplicity. That is just the way it is here.

OK now for running the HSPI_HAI.exe plugin you have to be in the HomeSeer directory to run it.

I am thinking the default for the Zee 2 is:

/usr/local/HomeSeer

IE: then you would type in your putty session
                            1 - sudo su (optional)
                            1 - cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                            2 - mono HSPI_HAI.exe

Now watch the putty console and do a screen print or capture the text and post it here.

A side note:

I have typically updated Wheezy or Jessie builds on the RPis. The updates will not break Homeseer.

Today have Jessie running on the old RPi2 and you got me to update it as I haven't in a while.

ICS-ZNet:~# apt-get update
                            Hit hxxp://mirrordirector.raspbian.org jessie InRelease
                            Hit hxxp://download.mono-project.com wheezy InRelease
                            Hit hxxp://archive.raspberrypi.org jessie InRelease
                            blah blah blah
                            Ign hxxp://mirrordirector.raspbian.org jessie/non-free Translation-en_US
                            Ign hxxp://mirrordirector.raspbian.org jessie/non-free Translation-en
                            Ign hxxp://mirrordirector.raspbian.org jessie/rpi Translation-en_US
                            Ign hxxp://mirrordirector.raspbian.org jessie/rpi Translation-en
                            Reading package lists... Done

apt-get upgrade
                            Building dependency tree
                            Reading state information... Done
                            Calculating upgrade... Done
                            The following packages will be upgraded:
                            libraspberrypi-bin libraspberrypi-dev libraspberrypi-doc libraspberrypi0 libxml2 python3-bottle raspberrypi-bootloader raspberrypi-kernel raspberrypi-sys-mods webmin
                            10 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
                            Need to get 82.2 MB of archives.
                            After this operation, 1,384 kB disk space will be freed.
                            Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
                            Get:1 hxxp://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/[/url] jessie/main raspberrypi-sys-mods all 20161220 [8,472 B]
                            Get:2 hxxp://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/[/url] jessie/main libraspberrypi-dev armhf 1.20161215-1 [397 kB]
                            E: The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/https could not be found.
                            N: Is the package apt-transport-https installed?
                            root@ICS-ZNet:~# apt-get install apt-transport-https
                            Building dependency tree
                            Reading state information... Done
                            The following NEW packages will be installed:
                            apt-transport-https
                            0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
                            Need to get 134 kB of archives.
                            After this operation, 185 kB of additional disk space will be used.
                            Get:1 hxxp://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ jessie/main apt-transport-https armhf 1.0.9.8.4 [134 kB]
                            Fetched 134 kB in 0s (186 kB/s)
                            Selecting previously unselected package apt-transport-https.
                            (Reading database ... 82857 files and directories currently installed.)
                            Preparing to unpack .../apt-transport-https_1.0.9.8.4_armhf.deb ...
                            Unpacking apt-transport-https (1.0.9.8.4) ...
                            Setting up apt-transport-https (1.0.9.8.4) ...

Next here doing the upgrade command again.

You can do that by typing:

1 - sudo apt-get update
                            2 - sudo apt-get upgrade

First time you do this if you have not you may have over 100 updates and may need to reboot your RPI so I would keep HS in OFF mode while doing this.

or install Webmin and do it via the web based webmin GUI.
                            Last edited by Pete; December 31, 2016, 03:00 PM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete, I got HSPI_HAI.exe to run. Thanks for the clue on the file location.

I attached the output. It connects to the panel and then errors when it try to identify the controller?

Doug
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X