No announcement yet.

Connection Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get used to it. It's part of the 'magic' of Z-Wave.

Comment

I may have spoken too soon... I get this trying to restore or, pretty much do anything...

Error - Your main Z-Wave interface did not fully initialize or is not functioning properly.

Frustrating, just a little!!

K.

Comment

Originally posted by kwatt View Post
        I may have spoken too soon... I get this trying to restore or, pretty much do anything...

Error - Your main Z-Wave interface did not fully initialize or is not functioning properly.

Frustrating, just a little!!

K.
        On the Z-Wave interface page, is the little icon a green check or the yellow alert? Can you cycle this disable and enabled and does this bring the interface online? What color is your indicator LED on the Z-Net itself?

Comment

I fixed it!

Don't ask me how I fixed it but, I did.

Eventually it just connected and worked just great although, I'm still unsure as to whether it's on the wireless or wired connection. It says wireless on the interface page but it's using the wired IP so, who knows. Main thing is it works, my ZWave devices are reloaded and all seems well now.

Optimising it all now so hopefully there's no more issues.

K.

Comment

Originally posted by kwatt View Post
            I fixed it!

Don't ask me how I fixed it but, I did.

Eventually it just connected and worked just great although, I'm still unsure as to whether it's on the wireless or wired connection. It says wireless on the interface page but it's using the wired IP so, who knows. Main thing is it works, my ZWave devices are reloaded and all seems well now.

Optimising it all now so hopefully there's no more issues.

K.
            That's the only thing that really matters. Congratulations!

I set my wireless and wired to different IP addresses using the MAC tables in the router to make it easier to identify what connected. You can always pull the wired connection while doing a continuous ping on your IP to see if the connection stays up or not.

Comment

If I get bored one day I might just do that.

But being from the service tech world that old adage applies for most things for me... if it ain't broke...

K.

Comment

Same problem

I am having this same problem and can't get lucky like kwatt. Any thoughts?

Comment

Okay so, here's what I *think* I did but it's from memory and I was getting a bit frustrated with it...

Removed all the existing zwave interfaces.

Updated the plugin, make sure it's on 3.0.1.97, you will find that in the Beta bit, Additional Interfaces then the Beta one second from the bottom.

Then installed the Z-Net per instructions as in, add the interface.

Mucked about with Windows firewall and that stupid Defender thing as I still think something in one of those was blocking comms with the Z-Net in some way. Problem is I don't know what I did that worked and freed up the comms there, if that's what it as.

K.

Comment

Working...
                  X