Feature Request: Fading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Fading

I haven't used the plugin much yet but I already like it. Having said that, there is one thing that I would like to do which doesn't seem possible right now. From what I can see I can only turn on/off certain pins. What I would like to be able to do is something like:

Pin x: Start Value is i, end value is k, increase with 1-step over n seconds (n can be negative, i.e. k < i)

The idea here is that I can slowly fade-in a light or something else over a period of time without having to program MANY intermediate steps. In case this is already possible, then please let me know how I can do that.

Originally posted by mulu View Post
    I haven't used the plugin much yet but I already like it. Having said that, there is one thing that I would like to do which doesn't seem possible right now. From what I can see I can only turn on/off certain pins. What I would like to be able to do is something like:

Pin x: Start Value is i, end value is k, increase with 1-step over n seconds (n can be negative, i.e. k < i)

The idea here is that I can slowly fade-in a light or something else over a period of time without having to program MANY intermediate steps. In case this is already possible, then please let me know how I can do that.
    You are describing an analog output, which an Arduino doesn't have.

You do have a group of PWM outputs which output a square wave of varying duty cycle that also can have a fade time assigned to it. The output can be varied in 1% increments from 0-100% and the fade time can be up to 4 seconds. A PWM output can dim an LED directly or can drive another device to control a load. I am using MOSFETs to control several LED strips with my Arduino PWM outputs. This will only work with DC loads however, will not properly control an AC load.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I've done the same as Randy with PWM outputs. RGB led strips under a handrail and kitchen cupboards.. works fine
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
      X