Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relating to the OmniPro 2 plugin for HS2 here utilized the alarm user / alarm off or on variables. The alarm user and variables were in the system variables mentioned previously.

So I used a script read of the variables / scenes to trigger events per disable/enable of alarm and what user. I have seen a couple of other OmniPro2 set ups with some 5-6 users and one master and everyone using the master code which defeats the purpose of having multiple tiered access codes. Here configured some 6 users and only allowed myself master code use. I would sometimes temporarily create a user alarm code for non family members for extended periods of time. The plugin did not display authority nor provide the ability to change the password. You could change this stuff with the keypad or Omnitouch console with master password though. Personally preferred it to be more difficult than easier for security sake.

hs.speak "Hello" & alarmperson & ", alarm is off at" & "$time" & "today on" & datestring & ". "

The plugin did not allow any changes in the alarm codes and only used these variable reads: (18 system variables).

1 - security status
    2 - special status
    3 - alarm type
    4 - last code used (actually it was last user)*no codes
    5 - button pushed
    6 - freeze alarm
    7 - fire emergency
    8 - police emergency
    9 - aux emergency
    10 - duress alarm
    11 - battery low trouble
    12 - AC powerfail trouble
    13 - phone line dead trouble
    14 - digital communicator trouble
    15 - previous security status
    16 - battery level
    17 - zone change indicator
    18 - special status indicator

#4 last code used was not a code rather it was the last user name status variable whether enabling or disabling alarm.

Last OP2 home I've been playing with two users are set up with master codes and four with user codes. All users are using the master codes. House was watched / checked out while owners were away and the owners password was provided to the watcher. Well too they are DIYing their security monitoring with cell phones and not utilizing central services monitoring which doesn't work well but is very cost reasonable (except if you have an emergency and are a couple of thousands of miles away).

I apologize if I am being too much of a curmudgeon here. The security panel is a life safety device if used properly. (or just an expensive brick if not).
    Last edited by Pete; May 2, 2017, 04:25 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

New version posted:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=188874
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
      X