Is this unit compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this unit compatible?

I replaced my old unit earlier this year and just ran across this plug-in so I didn't know to check the specs. Will this unit work with your plug-in?

http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-PL-PLU.../dp/B002EL40YK

Thanks.

Unfortunately, it appears as though it is not compatible with AQ-CO-SERIAL (this is AquaConnect Serial Interface Module my plugin works with).

This document ... https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/lit...ITAP16VB12.pdf ... says that the PL-PLUS is not compatible, but the PL-PLUS-16V is.

It does say that you should be able to use the newer AQ-CO-HOMENET...but, there is not a plugin for Homeseer for that.

Comment

shoot! I appreciate the response. I couldn't really tell based on the info I read. I hate I can't use your PI because it is exactly what I need/want!

Happy New Year!

Comment

May not hurt to call Hayward to confirm it is not a misprint and/or see if there is a part you could buy to make it compatible (I know that on the older models many features were built in to the touch pad, so you could swap only that part...no idea if works with new model). Happy New Year to you too!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

PL4 and PS4

I'm reviving this thread because lets face it, it's pool season!

I followed your advice and contacted Hayward today. They are telling me that if I have the PL4 unit it is not compatible but if I have the PS4 it is. They said that there is no need to replace the whole unit but just the keypad if necessary. The PS4 unit is $400+.

The local keypad that came with the new system is a PL4. However, I have the old PS8 from the system that was replaced. Do you think it will work if i just swap out the units?

Comment

That's as good a reason as any!

Not sure if the PS8 will work or not since you only have a 4 relay system. I suppose you could just try it, but you do risk frying something if there is some electrical differences. If it works, you may even be able to use the extra 4 Aux relay buttons for macros or other functions.

Comment

Mianboard

From my research all of the ProLogic units use the same mainboard. I have the same PLPlus which is the same as the PL-P4 with the addition of the salt cell and flow switch. I just purchased a PS16 local display. I should be able to confirm this shortly, unless you have already.

Let me know what you have found.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by gh4un View Post
                From my research all of the ProLogic units use the same mainboard. I have the same PLPlus which is the same as the PL-P4 with the addition of the salt cell and flow switch. I just purchased a PS16 local display. I should be able to confirm this shortly, unless you have already.

Let me know what you have found.

Thanks!
                I do not have equipment to do testing with, so you are on your own there. Fingers crossed everything works OK!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X