"Failsafe" on thermostat for switching off heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Failsafe" on thermostat for switching off heater

I'm using the virtual thermostat, but twice for the last few weeks I've experienced that the heater has failed to receive the "off"-command, resulting in the heater being on indefinitely! This has happend twice, on two different thermostats/socket-plugins.

Could there be added a "failsafe" that sends the "off"-command repeatedly when the device should be off? Or sending the "off"-command if the temperature keeps rising, even when it should be off?

Just had this happening again, this time it was the "on" that was not received...
    Am I the only one experiencing this?

Comment

Is the thermostat device in Manual mode or in Timer mode?
      I suppose you use NEXA modules? These modules do not switch if the RF command is disturbed or switching is not reliable if the module is at the range limit.

Comment

Manual.
        Yes, Nexa-modules.

I'm aware of the limitation of them, not reporting back if the signal was received or not. That's why I wanted a "failsafe" to resend the on/off-signal every 15 min.

Comment

The next plug-in version will also repeat the latest command every 5 minutes in Manual mode.
          This is already the case for Timer mode.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
            The next plug-in version will also repeat the latest command every 5 minutes in Manual mode.
            This is already the case for Timer mode.
            That's great news!

Comment

I got the same problem with all modes except in Timer-mode.

Comment

A beta version of the HS3 plug-in with a correction for the thermostat problems is available on request. Contact support rfxcom.com

Comment

Working...
                X