X10 not available from scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 not available from scripts

I am in the process of upgrading from HS2 to HS3. I configured my X10 devices using the X10 tab.
    When I control my X10 devices directly from the device management view, my devices respond. I also see the x10 commands in the logging.
    When using a simple script to set the device values, using either: hs.SetDeviceValueByName("Woonkamer WK1", 0)
    or
    hs.SetDeviceValue("O2", 0),
    I see the values change in my webpage, but the devices do not respond. And I don't see any x10 commands in the logging.

Do I something wrong?

I am using the X10 plugin from HomeSeer, (TI103) with a Xanura CTX35, via a Perle IP <=> RS232 interface. But I think the problem is somewhere between the software interface between the scripting and the x10 plugin..

As you found, changing the devicevalue only changes that device's value. To control the device, you need to search for CAPI on the board for examples on how to control them.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      As you found, changing the devicevalue only changes that device's value. To control the device, you need to search for CAPI on the board for examples on how to control them.
      Thanx a lot. I found a solution. However, I must say, HS has made this part of the play quite complex. I miss the clue why. The problem I have to solve now is the opposite direction. How do I update the value of the corresponding variable, according to the actual device value set....

I miss the possibility to either set the value by X10 address or find the X10 address from the ref or name...
      For the moment I can live with that, but if I want to cerate more general scripts, it might be a challenge...

For those having the same problem. This was for me the ultimate link to the solution to my question:
      http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178701

Comment

Originally posted by RJvanMunster View Post
        I must say, HS has made this part of the play quite complex. I miss the clue why.
        That's a really interesting question. I think there are two directions it could go.
        1. Generous view: HST wanted to make HS more general and eliminate the X10-centric nature of the core software. In the process, they crippled some of the key X10 functionality that was baked into HS2, expecting to recover the capability in the X10 plug-in. But issues with the implementation of HS3 became all consuming, and eventually HST decided to abandon work to complete the implementation of the X10 plug-in in HS3, rationalizing that it was old technology that was being replaced by more capable alternatives.
        2. Cynical view: HST wanted to 'encourage' X10 users to move to Z-wave. Making X10 difficult to use in HS3 would make the pain of converting to Z-wave seem less of a hurdle.

I think the first is more likely accurate, but the second may not be entirely irrelevant.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
        X