www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > JowiHue Plug-In

JowiHue Plug-In Discussion area for JowiHue plug-in by W.Vuyk

Old December 4th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Super Seer

Bill,

Tested today with a ConBee, newly installed with deCONZ 2.04.94
Removing the battery did not work. Then I tried pressing the link button next to the battery for 10 seconds, while the network was open (search for devices in configuration page of the plugin).

Miracles do happen! The cube joined the network and it took about 5 minutes of shaking and bouncing before the nodes were completed. The plugin discovered the cube fine and created two devices.

So a 10 second press on the link button should do the trick! I tried again, moving the cube back to the raspbee (2.04.93) and this worked fine too without removing the battery.

What happend if you do the same?

Wim
Attached Images

Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts
Old December 4th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Super Seer

Wim,

Doing that I can consistently add it. But even after shaking for over 5 minutes all I ever get is no dot, and one circle. How should I be shaking it?

Bill
Attached Images

Old December 5th, 2017, 03:46 AM
Super Seer

I am changing the gestures regulary. I do have the impression (not sure) that if you do the same gesture every time, the device does not resend a signal for it.

What I did was using all the gestures, moving it one way over the table, twisting it on the table, shaking, turning other sides up, double tapping on the table, all these.
Indeed when using another gesture, the dot would blink once.

But I'd guess with all the tests you did by now, I would think it should have completed it at least once?
Old December 6th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Super Seer

I received a temp sensor today and it behaves the same. So far all of them are in the state of a black dot and one circle. It is as if deCONZ does not recognize them. If I restart deCONZ and don't touch the sensors, they are discovered and link to a light. I had to move my gateway because I had issues with some lights that were too far away. I put it in a more central location. I set the cube and the temp sensor right next to it. If I reset them right when I open up the network, they will link to the bridge. Next restart, they link to a light. If I can find my other RaspBee (such a small little box) I will set up a second deCONZ instance. I have to stop messing up all my lights.