This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proposed Suggestions for Improvement

I have been using WAPseer for the past several days and would like to make the following suggestions for improvement:

(Please excuse my ignorance as I am a C firmware programmer and do not know much about HTML, WAP, etc...)

1. When you are using a cell phone rather than a Palm Pilot to enter the brightness percentage and click in the box to enter the brightness percentage, it is necessary to manually put the cell phone into numeric entry mode. On the Sanyo cell phone, this requires 4 to 5 additional key press operations. When a field requires numeric input, some WAP page implementations automatically put your cell phone into numeric mode so that it is possible to immediately enter digits without having to manually put the cell phone into numeric entry mode. (Note that the cell phone defaults to alpha entry mode). Is it possible for you to put the cell phone into numeric entry mode when numeric input is expected?

2. Disabling/enabling an event. If I disable an event, there is no indication that the event is actually disabled. For example, if I disable an event today and then tomorrow I forgot that I disabled the event, it is not possible for me to obtain the status. I guess that I could just set the event to "enable" or "disable" at that time. A status would be nice, but is definitely not mandatory.

3. Global X10 Control. Assume that I leave my house in a hurry and leave all of the lights turned-on. It would be nice to be able to issue a global X10 command to turn all units off. I am lucky that my cell phone browser can sort of use the non-WAP standard HomeSeer webpage and therefore I use the standard "Control Device" function in order to issue the "all units off" finction for my house code. I also use the "all lights on" function from this menu. Can you please add a WAP page that will implement the same functionality as offered on the standard webpage in the "Control Device" menu?

Thanks for considering these enhancements.

Regards,

-jim wayda
Working...
X