SC546a Chime Module setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC546a Chime Module setup

I was wondering how to setup the SC546a Chime Module?

I tried adding it in as a Chime, Appliance, and sensor and once its clicked 'On' in the status Window it chimes once, then if you click it again it no longer chimes till you change its device type.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

This works by sending an X10 signal to the device just as if it were a lamp module.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It's possible that it is malfunctioning, I suppose. It should chime every time it receives an X10 On command on its address. Does the HS log indicate the X10 command is being sent? Do you have another way to send an X10 command to it?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I checked the log, and its not displaying the second 'On' command when clicked.
        The device only responds to the 'On' command.
        Its almost like javascript/interface is dissallowing the 'on' to be clicked, since its already on.
        However, if I change to another page then back again, it then allows me to click 'On' then it sounds.

Comment

Have you tried clicking on the page refresh to see if that will allow you to activate it again? Which browser are you using? I do not see the behavior you describe in Firefox.

In practice, this may be nothing more than a brief annoying experience. Typically, you will want to activate the chime with an event. It may be more instructive to create a manual test event and use the run command for it to test the chime function.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Go ahead and create your event it will work.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
            X