Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to add HS devices in Google Home

Hi

I just purchased one google home to start comparing both, google home and Alex. I have been able to set and include all the devices I wanted in the Alexa system. No issued to connect to MYHS, it uploaded all the devices with no issues

Now I'm trying to include my devices on the Google Home system and no devices are added.

I installed the Google Home app on my iphone (IOX 11.1.2 French) and configured my first google home device in the system, I then selected the "add device" and choosed the Homeseer which lead me to the MYHS login where I entered my credentials (I'm sure they are ok, I tried them manually in a browser and They also worked without any issues with alexa) I can see a blue circle turning for few seconds and then the the app come back to the devices page where no devices have been detected. I tried 4 or 5 times but always the same scenario. no error messages displayed

here are my system details:

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368 (Windows)
    OS Version: 10.0.14393 Service Pack: 0.0
    all desired devices already have "voice command" checked and the "allow json" is also enable in Network setup

I looked in the HS3 log files and there are no indications of any errors neither any indications related to Google Home od MYHS.

Has anyone had this problem before ?

Comment

I guess I did not seacrh far enough ... I think I had a thermostat with voice activated that blocked the import in GH.

I deactivated voice on all devices and I'm in the process of adding them one at the time...

Comment

If you find one that does not work, please let use know which one so we can test and put in a fix. You can also open a helpdesk ticket and we can connect to your system and figure it out from there.

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
        I guess I did not seacrh far enough ... I think I had a thermostat with voice activated that blocked the import in GH.

I deactivated voice on all devices and I'm in the process of adding them one at the time...
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

What about Thermostat support???

Comment

Thermostat support is in there and should be working now.

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
            What about Thermostat support???

Comment

goldriver I'm looking for your personal input of which you like better, ease of use installing and also controlling devices. Xmas is coming and gonna ask santa for something.. and most likely google since I'm an android user and my wife, while and iPhone user, doesn't care about house control.. LOL.. she just tells me to do it
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                My insteon thermostats still dont show up.

Comment

Maybe the Insteon thermostats are not set up properly, I can check with Mark.

Go to the status/graphics tab on the thermostat devices and make sure all the pairs of the proper ControlUse property set. The property should be obvious. For example, for the Heat Setpoint, the ControlUse would be set to the HeatSetPoint value. The ControlUse setting is the key to get Alexa and Google working properly.

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
                  My insteon thermostats still dont show up.

Comment

If you find one that does not work, please let use know which one so we can test and put in a fix. You can also open a helpdesk ticket and we can connect to your system and figure it out from there.
                    Hi
                    All my Stelpro thermostat even if I activate the "voice command" they never make it in the google home liste of devices.
                    I activated the "voice command on the grandparent device first and tried to add it to google home without any success and then I tried the same if I activate the "voice command" on all child devices still no luck

Comment

Maybe the Insteon thermostats are not set up properly, I can check with Mark.

Go to the status/graphics tab on the thermostat devices and make sure all the pairs of the proper ControlUse property set. The property should be obvious. For example, for the Heat Setpoint, the ControlUse would be set to the HeatSetPoint value. The ControlUse setting is the key to get Alexa and Google working properly.
                      These are thermostats from the ISY plugin. Just wanted to clarify.

None of the ControlUse properties were set. But when I do set them, then I can not link HS to google. It acts like it will, but when the rooms page comes up, it is blank and then disappears after a couple seconds. If I set the ControlUse properties back to "Not Specified" then I can link my HS properly.

Comment

I am trying out a new Google Home Mini. I select Home Control from the Google Home APP on my iPhone, then select HomeSeer from the list, then enter my MyHS credentials, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                          I am trying out a new Google Home Mini. I select Home Control from the Google Home APP on my iPhone, then select HomeSeer from the list, then enter my MyHS credentials, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Regards,

Ultrajones

Comment

not sure you saw my post, my 8 stelpro thermostat don't show up in the google home

All my Stelpro thermostat even if I activate the "voice command" they never make it in the google home liste of devices.
                            I activated the "voice command on the grandparent device first and tried to add it to google home without any success and then I tried the same if I activate the "voice command" on all child devices still no luck

do you have any advice for me ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

@Ultrajones,

I am seeing the same behavior when I try to add the Homeseer skill to my iPhone. Did you find a solution to this?

Thanks,
                              Andy

Comment

Originally posted by ando1 View Post
                                @Ultrajones,

I am seeing the same behavior when I try to add the Homeseer skill to my iPhone. Did you find a solution to this?

Thanks,
                                Andy
                                Hi Andy,

Nope.
                                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
                                X