Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do with redundant objects/devices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you do with redundant objects/devices?

What do I do with redundant "devices"?

eg: each fibaro relay/dimmer I have (in total 9 I think) has a Switch Binary 2 which is not used. Only Switch Binary is used which I now rename to "room" light eg: Bedroom Light or Office Light.

So can I hide or do something with Switch Binary 2?
    Equally, what happens to what I call the master device that sits at the top of each grouping of device (where you can set the z-wave protocols etc)

In many cases it's not too bad but in others, there are so many which almost need to be grouped up so all the power management stuff should go into it's own area, all the switches into another, etc.

Strangely in some cases, the last update status for the "redundant device" was yesterday even though nothing is connected to it or rather it doesn't do anything for example:

Switch Binary 2 = redundant. Last updated: Today 07:07:08
    Switch Binary (Now renamed to Shower Light) = the actual on/off switch that controls something shower light. Last updated: Today 07:07:08
    Both are updated with the same date/time yet Switch Binary 2 does nothing at all.

Thanks in advance

With Location 1, Location 2, and Device Type filters on the device page, I find that is pretty easy to assign designations to these fields that allow me to view only the devices of interest to me. Is that what you are asking?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I don't think so - let me try again. I've added a motion sensor in the ensuite.

Within the motion sensor it has several Objects :
      Sensor Root device
      Application Status
      Battery
      Home Security
      General Purpose Alarm
      Sensor Binary (This is the motion sensor part)
      Temperature
      Luminance
      Seismic Intensity
      Acceleration X-Axis
      Acceleration Y-Axis
      Acceleration Z-Axis

Out of these, given its a shower room, only the motion and temperature is important to me. I don't care if that room is in an earth quake or how dark it is (no windows so it switches the lights on/off regardless of light level).

So aside from the two objects above that I would want to keep/use, what do I do with the others...Should I delete them or move them to another "floor" or "room"?

A more frequent annoyance like the above is for every relay or dimmer I have from Fibaro.
      That has the following:
      Main root device
      Heat notification
      Power Management Notifcation
      System Notification
      Switch Multilevel 1 (this is the actual on/off switch)
      Application Status
      kW Hours
      Watts
      Power
      Switch Multilevel 2 (this is redundant as I only have one light controlled by this Fibaro module).

So in the above device, I don't want the Switch Multilevel 2. I doubt I'll ever use it in this house unless I re-wire the house and add more lights so what do I do with it?

I've removed the Voice enabled checkbox so at least the Amazon Echo's do not add them but to clean up the Homeseer screen, it would be good to not see them on the device page.

Does this make more sense?

Thanks again

Comment

Out of sight, out of mind. Hide them from the views in HS3, go into the device properties page and look for the "Hide device from views" box. Clicking it hides it if you have the HS page set to hide hidden devices (on the top of the device management page then play about with the middle icon to hide/show hidden devices).

Comment

Originally posted by aj84 View Post
          So aside from the two objects above that I would want to keep/use, what do I do with the others...Should I . . . move them to another "floor" or "room"?
          That's what I do. For some I also change the Device Type (on the Advanced tab). I then include Device Type as a column on the Device Management page and filter on that as well.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X