Plug in not communicating with Rachio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vladimirkousa View Post
    Any idea why I can't download plug-in from updater?
    I just updated and it was in the updater and downloaded. You might have to clear you update cache. There are several posts on the forum about the updater.
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Hello Marty,

Please update to the version I just updated to the HomeSeer updater to see if it resolves the issue you reported.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Updated to version 3.0.6659.36264. But the problem persists. I see in the Rachio API forum that they are pushing some fixes tonight. So I'll try again in the morning. I did check my API key etc, and the plugin seems to talking to the API with successes and no failures.

Thanks for working on this by the way. I have 6 of your plugins and find them to be top notch.
      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

I just uploaded UltraRachio3 HSPI version 3.0.6660.11524. It adds the min/max temperatures back after Rachio fixed the API last night. The rain delay also appears to be working again. I'll do more testing tonight to see if there are any other remain issues.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I just posted UltraRachio3 HSPI version 3.0.6660.35733. I believe it resolves all of the outstanding issues. Please post if you experience any issues.

Note: Previous versions were polling the service in violation of the Rachio newly published API query limits. If your "Rachio API Remaining" device shows 0, then you won't be able to query until the "Rachio API Reset" device value reaches 0. After it resets, you shouldn't experience any issues going forward.

Note: If you set the update interval to once per minute, then approximately 1,488 API queries will be consumed just to keep the devices up to date. That leaves only 212 additional queries every 24 hours. Every time you send a command, it requires 1 for the command and up to 2 additional status queries (depending on the command). That means you have about 70 commands you can send per day (e.g. Zone On/Off, Schedule On/Off, Online/Offline, etc.) which shouldn't be an issue for most users.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Ultrajones; March 27, 2018, 07:19 PM.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

After updating plug-in (needed to delete all files and directories) I can see graph like in previous post, and values are updating every 1 min for API remaining and API reset.
            However, I do not see update of status for "Rachio1 Current Temperature" and all other entries. It is stuck about 10 hours ago. I would assume that current temperature should be updated every 1 min (or I do not understand something).
            Another observation - I have 2 schedules, and the names of the schedules are old names. I changed the names (at Rachio app) for different ones, but still see at homeseer old names.
            Zones names in plugin are Zone1, Zone2 ....not uploaded from Rachio app.

Just for reminder I am running Homeseer on Linux

Thanks
            Vladi
            Last edited by Vladimirkousa; March 28, 2018, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I just posted UltraRachio3 HSPI version 3.0.6660.35733. I believe it resolves all of the outstanding issues. Please post if you experience any issues.

Note: Previous versions were polling the service in violation of the Rachio newly published API query limits. If your "Rachio API Remaining" device shows 0, then you won't be able to query until the "Rachio API Reset" device value reaches 0. After it resets, you shouldn't experience any issues going forward.

Note: If you set the update interval to once per minute, then approximately 1,488 API queries will be consumed just to keep the devices up to date. That leaves only 212 additional queries every 24 hours. Every time you send a command, it requires 1 for the command and up to 2 additional status queries (depending on the command). That means you have about 70 commands you can send per day (e.g. Zone On/Off, Schedule On/Off, Online/Offline, etc.) which shouldn't be an issue for most users.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Thanks for getting these updates out and an answer about query usage!

I'm running the current version of the PI and am noticing that two devices in each zone have not updated since 5/10/2016, "Total Runtime" & "Max Runtime", have these been dropped from the API?

Also, you will notice that the "Last Durration" hasn't been updated for quite some time and I know that the time hasn't been consistently the same amount of time for that long.

I have tried shutting down and restarting the plugin but nothing seems to update these devices.
              Attached Files
              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I am considering the Rachio3 new model. switching from using rain 8 net pro.
                Are users happy with the Rachio system and HS3?
                HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

My Rachio plug-in is not communicating propertly with Rachio controller. Still waiting for reply from UltraJones.
                  I can see you are using mcssprinklers. I used it with HS2 until had no choice and moved to HS3 on Linux. I missed mcssprinklers (not compatible with Linux). It was much more stable, predictable and lot of customization.
                  I would suggest staying with mcssprinklers if you can. Rachio software is running on cloud and they are changing software continuously without telling integrators what they changed. I think it is fundamental problem going forward.
                  Maybe others have better experience.

Vladi
                  Last edited by Vladimirkousa; March 31, 2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

UltraJones,
                      Any news on fixing devices updates?

Vladi

Comment

Plugin's:

Comment

If you are still experiencing issues with the plug-in, then please post a list of items so I can attempt to duplicate. At this point, everything is working on my system, so there are no known issues except the list below.

Known issues caused by the Rachio API changes:

1) The Rachio Zone Max Runtime and Rachio Zone Total Runtime were removed from the API.
                          2) The Rachio Weather Conditions icon is wrong. It always displays the clear day icon.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

If you are still experiencing issues with the plug-in, then please post a list of items so I can attempt to duplicate. At this point, everything is working on my system, so there are no known issues except the list below.

Known issues caused by the Rachio API changes:

1) The Rachio Zone Max Runtime and Rachio Zone Total Runtime were removed from the API.
                            2) The Rachio Weather Conditions icon is wrong. It always displays the clear day icon.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones
                            Plugin's:

Comment

Hi UltraJones,
                              1. Todays Temperature Min/Max is not consistent with Rachio app. Rachio shows 48C and 63C respectively.
                              2. ScheduleRule2-Status is not updated. Name has been changed, but not reflected in plug-in. Same with ScheduleRule1-Status
                              Attached Files

Comment

`Next

"Todays weather conditions" was updated 1/2 hour ago, but is inconsistent with Rachio app. Rachio app is showing "Rain"
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 10.36.10 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1196234

"Current weather update" - different devices were updated at different times, and do not match real weather. I would assume that "current temperature" should be updated every hour. But I do not know how to correlated it with Rachio app, as I can't find current temperature there. But "current temperature is higher.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 10.42.08 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1196237

What is the difference between "Todays weather conditions" and "Current weather update"?
                                Last edited by Vladimirkousa; April 7, 2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X