Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MeiHarmonyHub version 3.0.3.4 (beta) is now available!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeiHarmonyHub version 3.0.3.4 (beta) is now available!

MeiHarmonyHub v3.0.3.4 is now available in the HomeSeer store and in the updater (Beta Section)!
    The following are included:
    • Refactored Connection/Reconnection code to improve reliability
    • Fixed issue where a hub would disconnect, but pressing "connect" on the device management screen wouldn't attempt a connect.
    • Fixed "Send a command string" action.

Known issues still existing:
    • It appears sometimes that hub settings are lost which means the activity device no longer updates and the "Use Activity?" checkbox for the hubs is reset to unchecked.

Please see the full descriptions here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194095

Release notes Here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=194096

Hi ,

I saw a lot of erro with this version.

I am on my cell right now... so it is hard to send you sll the debug.

Before this version mever had a trouble

The Conection to Hub with ID 282f07b9-61de-4bbb-adcd-58a082d3ee7e failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
    Apr-03 01:45:06 MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID e8960a94-6330-4ec4-92c0-5ce2d1594a98 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
    Apr-03 01:45:05 MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 282f07b9-61de-4bbb-adcd-58a082d3ee7e failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
    Apr-03 01:45:05 MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID e8960a94-6330-4ec4-92c0-5ce2d1594a98 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
    Apr-03 01:45:05 MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 282f07b9-61de-4bbb-adcd-58a082d3ee7e failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
    Apr-03 01:45:05 MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID e8960a94-6330-4ec4-92c0-5ce2d1594a98 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
    Apr-03 01:45:04 MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 282f07b9-61de-4bbb-adcd-58a082d3ee7e failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
    Apr-03 01:45:04 MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID e8960a94-6330-4ec4-92c0-5ce2d1594a98 failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
    Apr-03 01:45:04 MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 282f07b9-61de-4bbb-adcd-58a082d3ee7e failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) at HarmonyHub.Client.Send(String xml) at HarmonyHub.Client.OpenStream(Int32 heartbeatInterval) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
      Hi ,

Ok. I can send you the zip to revert to 3.0.3.3 if you want. Getting the full debug logs would be helpful. It appears as though it's failing on the initial connect.

Comment

Hi ,

Also, have you tried stopping the plugin and starting it up. It's odd that it's failing there as that code didn't change. Mainly I changed how I track the current state of the connection (disconnected, connecting, connected, failed, etc) so that i can prevent multiple connections from being attempted at once.

So, a couple of things:

1) Make sure the hub is on (might be hard if you're not home)
        2) Make sure the hub is connected to Wifi (once again might be hard)
        3) Make sure the IP address of the Hub hasn't changed

I will revisit the connection code again tonight, but like I said, if you want to revert, I can provide you with the updater_override.txt, the plugin install zip, and instructions on how to revert.

If you have backups, then you only need to copy over the HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.exe and HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.exe.config as those were the only files that changed in this release.

Comment

I restarted the pc . I restarted the plugin.

The hub are connected since more than one day.

edit: I will accept your proposition of sending me the last version of MeiHarmony

thank Matt

edited: removed log and pictures
          Last edited by ; April 3, 2018, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I restarted the pc . I restarted the plugin.

The hub are connected since more than one day.

Here is the debug file and a picture

https://files.mycloud.com/home.php?b...og_and_picture

edit: I wiall accept your proposition of sending me the last version of MeiHarmony

thank Matt
            I've sent you a PM I'll be interested to know if 3.0.3.3 actually fixes the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              I've sent you a PM I'll be interested to know if 3.0.3.3 actually fixes the issue.
              Hi Frank. The plugin was intentionaly disconnected all the day.

i tried to connected it again not so long ago, and it does connect with the hub now. I works as befor with this plugin version.

i really do not know what was causing this issue. But you got the log for you if you see something
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Frank. The plugin was intentionaly disconnected all the day.

i tried to connected it again not so long ago, and it does connect with the hub now. I works as befor with this plugin version.

i really do not know what was causing this issue. But you got the log for you if you see something
                Ok, I just emailed you the 3.0.3.3 version just in case. As I mentioned in our private communications, the error you were seeing was something else stopping communication (either the hub or something in between). At least that is what I got from the logs, but I think we should keep an eye on it anyways and I'll see if I can find a way to reproduce the issue here.

I wish it was still happening so we could see if the previous version fixed it though that part of the code should be identical between the two versions.

Comment

Got it !

Thank you Frank.

Edit: 1. remember after IOS 11.3 upgrade on my phone , and when i opened the Harmony app after that..Harmony said me to wait while the hub was upgrading. But i didnt see any confirmation afer this.
                  Maybe this caused a bug i do not know.

2. When the problem was still there...
                  I also replaced my sonos one with a Sonos play:1 today ( Cuz alexa on sonos in garbage) . So i removed the Sonos One ( back to best buy) added a Sonos play-1 , and did reconect the alexa i had before i bought the one.

I dhcp’ed the new sonos play:1 and revoved the dhcp reservation for the old sonos one.

That is all i did. I do not think it is related...but who knows.
                  Last edited by ; April 3, 2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Frank - I just installed the plug-in about 30 minutes ago. Nice work! It instantly recognized my hubs and created the devices and activities without issue. I won't be able to test the operation until I get home this evening. In the meantime, I have a couple questions and GUI nits to pick.

Here's a screen shot (below) that includes your existing Devices page (at the top) and suggested changes (at the bottom). As you can see, on my system the HS3 footer displays twice and this happens on the other config pages too. The second issue has to do with formatting and styles. Each page should honor the standard HS3 setup page styles. This includes header and content row styles that extend from side to side.

We don't currently have documentation that explains the formatting conventions in detail. However, if you make your pages look like our "setup" tabbed pages, that should do the trick.

Question. My default value for the bedroom hub activity device is "Watch TV". If the TV is currently off and I want to turn it on, Do I have to toggle that value to something else and then change it back to "Watch TV"? if so, that's a little odd.... Should the default be an empty value (or "choose activity") instead or... doesn't it matter since most folks won't be using the activity device to control things? just curious...

Question... and this dove-tails with the question above. Device status for all devices is simply "Choose Command" and that never changes. Does it make sense to display the most recent command sent instead... similar to what you're doing with the activity devices?
                    Attached Files
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      Frank - I just installed the plug-in about 30 minutes ago. Nice work! It instantly recognized my hubs and created the devices and activities without issue. I won't be able to test the operation until I get home this evening. In the meantime, I have a couple questions and GUI nits to pick.

Here's a screen shot (below) that includes your existing Devices page (at the top) and suggested changes (at the bottom). As you can see, on my system the HS3 footer displays twice and this happens on the other config pages too. The second issue has to do with formatting and styles. Each page should honor the standard HS3 setup page styles. This includes header and content row styles that extend from side to side.

We don't currently have documentation that explains the formatting conventions in detail. However, if you make your pages look like our "setup" tabbed pages, that should do the trick.

Thanks Mark for the comments I'm always welcoming of advice on improving the UI. It's one of my least favorite things (though I did spend 15 years doing Web Development and I consider myself pretty good at it, I just dislike CSS and design). I normally try and do what you are suggesting and just must have missed it on that tab.

(BTW, as to the double footer, it only shows like that on one of my machines and not the other. I'm still trying to figure that out).

Question. My default value for the bedroom hub activity device is "Watch TV". If the TV is currently off and I want to turn it on, Do I have to toggle that value to something else and then change it back to "Watch TV"? if so, that's a little odd.... Should the default be an empty value (or "choose activity") instead or... doesn't it matter since most folks won't be using the activity device to control things? just curious...
                      The default value when off should be PowerOff when the hub is off (no active activity). Do you have that in your list of activities? The order of the list is determined by the value of the status graphic. That value is directly from the Hub itself, so I can't change it. I could allow you to reorder the activities and just map them in the plugin to the correct IDs on the hub (You basically use the "Status value" as a way to order the values).

Note that the Hub should return an activity named "PowerOff". While it is somewhat treated differently in the hub itself and how it reports some things out to the plugin, it is basically just another activity that instead just turns everything off.

Now, if you just started the plugin up, it will get the current activity of the hub and change the device to that activity. If you think it's incorrect, you can use the Logitech Harmony Phone app to see which is the currently active activity (I've had do this as a TV Will be off, but it's because someone turned off the TV and didn't use the remote! So the hub reports Watch TV, but the TV is off), If it doesn't match the plugin, I would love to see a debug log of your turning on the plugin with the hub in it's current state to see what it's reporting back.

Question... and this dove-tails with the question above. Device status for all devices is simply "Choose Command" and that never changes. Does it make sense to display the most recent command sent instead... similar to what you're doing with the activity devices?
                      This was done by design. Randy (@rprade) requested this because if you wanted to do the same command twice in a row you can't if it stays on the current command. For instance, sending volume up multiple times to your TV would be hard as you would have to volume up, then choose command, then volume up again. I could have done buttons, but I have some devices with a ton of commands and no good way to automatically organize/lay them out.

If you'd rather it not do that, I could easily add in an option for having it act one way or another.

Note that I actually do change the value temporarily to the one you choose so that events can be triggered by someone using HomeSeer to send a specific command to a device.

I will make those UI changes soon and if I missed anything don't hesitate to reach back out to me

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                        Thanks Mark for the comments I'm always welcoming of advice on improving the UI. It's one of my least favorite things (though I did spend 15 years doing Web Development and I consider myself pretty good at it, I just dislike CSS and design). I normally try and do what you are suggesting and just must have missed it on that tab.
                        Understood. I don't love messing with CSS either but inconsistency in the interface is something we try to minimize as much as possible. Check the "hubs" tab too... the rows at the top don't quite make it all the way to the right hand side.

The default value when off should be PowerOff when the hub is off (no active activity). Do you have that in your list of activities? The order of the list is determined by the value of the status graphic. That value is directly from the Hub itself, so I can't change it. I could allow you to reorder the activities and just map them in the plugin to the correct IDs on the hub (You basically use the "Status value" as a way to order the values).

Note that the Hub should return an activity named "PowerOff". While it is somewhat treated differently in the hub itself and how it reports some things out to the plugin, it is basically just another activity that instead just turns everything off.

Now, if you just started the plugin up, it will get the current activity of the hub and change the device to that activity. If you think it's incorrect, you can use the Logitech Harmony Phone app to see which is the currently active activity (I've had do this as a TV Will be off, but it's because someone turned off the TV and didn't use the remote! So the hub reports Watch TV, but the TV is off), If it doesn't match the plugin, I would love to see a debug log of your turning on the plugin with the hub in it's current state to see what it's reporting back.
                        I do have "power off" in the list and that is what is displaying now. It's probably not a big deal since most folks would likely be using activities in events.

This was done by design. Randy (@rprade) requested this because if you wanted to do the same command twice in a row you can't if it stays on the current command. For instance, sending volume up multiple times to your TV would be hard as you would have to volume up, then choose command, then volume up again. I could have done buttons, but I have some devices with a ton of commands and no good way to automatically organize/lay them out.

If you'd rather it not do that, I could easily add in an option for having it act one way or another.

Note that I actually do change the value temporarily to the one you choose so that events can be triggered by someone using HomeSeer to send a specific command to a device.
                        OK, that makes sense. It's a little odd but I get it.

I will make those UI changes soon and if I missed anything don't hesitate to reach back out to me
                        Thanks. FWIW, this plug-in has been selling very well!
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Understood. I don't love messing with CSS either but inconsistency in the interface is something we try to minimize as much as possible. Check the "hubs" tab too... the rows at the top don't quite make it all the way to the right hand side.
                          I'll make a note of if and try and fix that in the next version as well

I do have "power off" in the list and that is what is displaying now. It's probably not a big deal since most folks would likely be using activities in events.
                          Are you talking about the order in the drop downs on the device management page or in events/actions or both? Now that I think of it, the hub may provide me an order and maybe I can use that, putting "PowerOff" at the top of the list (which would make it default). If you have an idea of how to best lay them out, I can see if I can work it into the plugin somehow

OK, that makes sense. It's a little odd but I get it.
                          If they were individual buttons, I likely would just set it to the last value that was sent and leave it at that. Unfortunately, the dropdown on the device management screen left me little options when I set it up so this was made so that you could send more than one of the same command twice without having to select another command first. I thought about putting all the buttons in a popup, but for instance my Denon Reciever has ~220 commands.

Awesome I'm glad to hear it. Always good to hear that people are enjoying the fruits of my labor

Comment

Makes sense. Out of all of them I have had the best results with this one.

Comment

Mark (@macromark),

I posted a new version (3.0.3.5) with updated styles that I think fit what you requested.

Release Notes: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1359528

(this thread is now being closed)

Comment

Working...
                              X