This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple GT125

Does the plug-in allow to add multiple GT125. I have 3 GT125, one in the house and one in each of my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by ebenisteriecst View Post
      Does the plug-in allow to add multiple GT125. I have 3 GT125, one in the house and one in each of my garage.
      It's not possible with the current version version of the plugin, but I will make it support multiple instances in the next version, so that you can start one instance of the plugin for each GT125.

Comment

Originally posted by ebenisteriecst View Post
        In version 3.0.0.10 available here, I added support for multiple instances

Comment

Is there anything existing or coming like this that would work with my Stelpro KI (STZW402WB+) Z-Wave Electric Baseboard Thermostat? I'm trying to control the baseboard heat using a multi-sensor rather than the built in thermostat.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by IMBillRE View Post
            Is there anything existing or coming like this that would work with my Stelpro KI (STZW402WB+) Z-Wave Electric Baseboard Thermostat? I'm trying to control the baseboard heat using a multi-sensor rather than the built in thermostat.
            Thanks
            since it is a ZWave device, it should work natively with the ZWave plugin

Comment

Originally posted by IMBillRE View Post
              ... I'm trying to control the baseboard heat using a multi-sensor rather than the built in thermostat.
              Thanks
              I've used these Stelpro and felt the control precision (PID) was fantastic. I'm curious to know why you don't want to rely on the built-in sensor.

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
                I've used these Stelpro and felt the control precision (PID) was fantastic. I'm curious to know why you don't want to rely on the built-in sensor.
                Michel, I have a somewhat odd situation. There is actually one heat register that runs between two rooms. (yah - bad design) When the door that separates the rooms is open it does not seem to be any problem. When is shut it means that the other room (bedroom) often ends up too hot or too cold. A sensor in the room where the Stelpro is not will hopefully help to minimize this problem.

So far I put a door sensor on the door between the rooms which when closed enables an event that reads the temperature from the multi-sensor in the bedroom. I'm not really experienced at script writing or whatever it might take to make this work better. Right now I just have the event tell stelpro to bump up to 80 degrees to heat and drop to 60 degrees to stop heating. So when the door is shut we're constantly fluctuating between full power or no power which means temps shoot up high then drop low. I'm hoping to figure out a way to reliably take advantage of the subtle adjustments to power to the heat register that Stelpro does so well on it's own.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed info. Bad design will always give bad results. In my brother's bathroom they installe the baseboard just under the thermostat...

The nice thing with HS is that you can do a lot with the events tool without writing a single line of code, as long as you are good at visualizing the If-then-do concepts and results. You can combine multiple events and avoid having them fight each other by creating virtual devices and updating it status with one of your Then statement.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Michel View Post
                    Thanks for the detailed info. Bad design will always give bad results. In my brother's bathroom they installe the baseboard just under the thermostat...

The nice thing with HS is that you can do a lot with the events tool without writing a single line of code, as long as you are good at visualizing the If-then-do concepts and results. You can combine multiple events and avoid having them fight each other by creating virtual devices and updating it status with one of your Then statement.

Good luck.
                    Michel,
                    I appreciate your insights! If it works well I'll post the events.
                    Thanks
                    Bill

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Spud,

It would be great if the - Load Value - integer Load value in watts of the heater (full load value) could be added to each thermostat, load controller. (In the load controller it seems to display the actual load), in the thermostats would need to take the % and multiply it by the load value field to give the amount of watts. Not sure if dimmers/lights switches support this, but I will assume yes.

Once displaying the watts, giving the option to log into the HS Energy API, would enhance even more.

Regards

Comment

Spud,

If you ever go that route, just be informed that some of the Sinope thermostat model have (2) load field. The actual load attached to the main output and a user entered field for any Auxiliary output load. Ex.: The floor heating model and 24VAC model.

Michel

Comment

Originally posted by JoelWener View Post
                          Hi Spud,

It would be great if the - Load Value - integer Load value in watts of the heater (full load value) could be added to each thermostat, load controller. (In the load controller it seems to display the actual load), in the thermostats would need to take the % and multiply it by the load value field to give the amount of watts. Not sure if dimmers/lights switches support this, but I will assume yes.

Once displaying the watts, giving the option to log into the HS Energy API, would enhance even more.

Regards
                          Added to my TODO list

Comment

Hi,. Has any support been added for the GT130 gateway/zigbee devices. I am seriously considering purchasing the gateway, new items, but I don't see any support written for the 130 or Wifi stats introduced in the last 2 years.

Comment

JoelWener,

I might be wrong but I suppose that Spud has a lot on his hand since being on staff for HS with a new version out. I also suppose that the fact that some new Sinope are Zigbee and that HS is slowly moving that way, the need for a plug-in might seems less interesting or required. However I'd like to share my current reflection on this.

I've been using a GT125 set-up some time. Since that protocol was proprietary, the need for a plug-in connecting to the API was obvious and Spud did a great job. Last week I sold our house and was very happy to have the GT125 has it allowed me to say that the house came with a feature that did not involve having some high end automation system in place. It made the thing autonomous with the Neviweb ecosystem.

Now that I'm moving into a new house, I'm looking at the Zigbee version but what would be different from the GT125 set-up is that the T-Sats can only be connected to (1) controller. Either a GT130 or HS. What was nice about the GT125 + Plug-in was that I could use HS for status and command while still using NeviWeb for schedule, configuration etc... I still need to investigate what variable are exposed in the Zigbee protocol but if the configuration and schedule are not, a GT130 plugin would be more then welcome. Regardless, I'll definitely buy a GT130 before it gets discontinued in time, even if it stays in a box, until I have to move away from that house in the future.

Comment

Last time I asked Sinope for the GT130 API spec, it was not ready and it was not clear if it would be a local API like for the GT125 or a cloud API.
                                I will ask again

Comment

Working...
                                X