Plex Server and AudioCast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirk,

OK, tried with both the 2 previous versions you posted here. The last one, just above here, I ran with a verbose log today - 12/21.
    The previous one was with events and errors only - 12/19.
    No real difference, both seemed to crash (well not crash - go active-offline) at about 1 hour, but I couldn't see an error, just a disposal call and a MyUPnPService.SendCancelSubscription call.
    Both logs are attached in the zip file.

Bruce
    MC-logs.zip
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dbvanb View Post
      Dirk,

OK, tried with both the 2 previous versions you posted here. The last one, just above here, I ran with a verbose log today - 12/21.
      The previous one was with events and errors only - 12/19.
      No real difference, both seemed to crash (well not crash - go active-offline) at about 1 hour, but I couldn't see an error, just a disposal call and a MyUPnPService.SendCancelSubscription call.
      Both logs are attached in the zip file.

Bruce
      MC-logs.zip
      Well it shouldn't be a shocker that we now have another timing violation, this time it is the device timer as opposed to the service timer. When a device is discover, in its discovery message it conveys how frequently it will send an alive message (max-age). The PI disconnects if it doesn't receive the update within twice that time. This I cannot change because it would cause major issues with hanging devices. I assume that after 1 hour when it disconnects, it never automatically reconnects either, correct? This means that the device is not sending ssdp:alive messages at all

Unless you have some brilliant insight or suggestion, I'm about to throw in the towel. I suspect that whomever wrote the UPNP part, seriously made mistakes interpreting the standard and by writing both the app side and the device side, made it all work.

Also I again didn't see the original error 412 Precondition failed, I'm going to chalk that up to the device not being capable of having multiple controllers.

Thoughts?

Comment

Well, It doesn't surprise me either, although I am a die-hard optimist that people try to do a good job.
        When I tried to go to their website and it is offline, it is just an indication.
        I'll just have to chalk it up to live and learn.
        I appreciate all the time you've looked at this, and I have learned a lot from your explanations

Thanks much

Bruce

By the way, it never comes back on line once it goes offline. Only way to reactivate it is to unplug it or
        restart the plugin.

Comment

Working...
        X