Dimming Non-functional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimming Non-functional

First let me say great job on this plugin. I've been following its progress over the last couple of years and now with the slow painful death of HaikuHelper, I've decided its time to move on. (and actually come back to HomeSeer)

I got everything up and running in a couple of days so I started setting up Alexa integration and found that dimming commands weren't working. After investigating a bit, I found that the voice command is working (the requested light shows 50% for example) but the plugin isn't actually dimming the light. System is as follows:

OmniPro II
    Leviton VRC0P via serial connection
    Leviton Vizia RF+ Switches (Some 1st gen, some 2nd gen)
    HomeSeer Standard 3.0.0.425
    Omni Plugin 3.0.2.8

Basic ON/OFF works. Nothing logged in Debug mode. Dimming via phone apps (SnapLink, Haiku) works.

Thanks,

Pete

It's a known bug that popped up in the last few updates. Rob is working diligently on ironing it out. See the 3.0.2.8 thread for updates.

Comment

Welcome to the Homeseer forum Pete.

Here have a

1 - XTB-IIR+ Super Power X10 Repeater which is a dual phased TW-523 (on steroids)
      2 - HAI UPB PIM
      3 - Leviton VRCOP (ZWave)
      4 - Leviton HAI ZIM (Zigbee)

Connected to the OmniPro 2 panel. My light switches are all UPB and use ZWave, Zigbee and X10 lamp / appliance modules for a variety.

I can test X10 and UPB virtually as I have multiple controllers that see the X10 and UPB traffic. I have the ZWave network replicated here to Homeseer, Smartthings and HAI but cannot see status of the ZWave devices from one network controller to another (same with Zigbee).

Here is a pictorial of a the Omni Plugin command to the OmniPro 2 panel ZWave unit via the Omni Plugin for Rob to see.

Tested here without looking at the lamp illuminated so cannot tell if it is working.

[ATTACH]68167[/ATTACH]
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep an eye out for updates.

Comment

There have been a couple of updates but I still cant get dimming to work, the first version i installed was 3.0.2.8 which was affected by a dimming bug, I've updated to 3.0.2.11 which other users have said worked for them but didn't for me, perhaps because i upgraded from 3.0.2.8 and had not upgraded from a previous version that had worked in the past..?...
          I'm using Levitons UPB lighting with the Leviton UPB Pim, i can turn on and off but not dim. After doing the update i disabled and enabled the light (which is a pain since it then looses its renaming), but had no effect.

Are my settings correct in screen shot attached?
          3.0.2.12 has not populated for online yet but i'm not sure if dev did any changes to the UPB dimming in this update.
          Attached Files

Comment

I went from .8 to .11 and once I disabled and re-enabled the device and dimming starting working. Mine are HLC. Are you using HLC or regular UPB?

Comment

Originally posted by getmp3s View Post
              There have been a couple of updates but I still cant get dimming to work, the first version i installed was 3.0.2.8 which was affected by a dimming bug, I've updated to 3.0.2.11 which other users have said worked for them but didn't for me, perhaps because i upgraded from 3.0.2.8 and had not upgraded from a previous version that had worked in the past..?...
              I'm using Levitons UPB lighting with the Leviton UPB Pim, i can turn on and off but not dim. After doing the update i disabled and enabled the light (which is a pain since it then looses its renaming), but had no effect.

Are my settings correct in screen shot attached?
              3.0.2.12 has not populated for online yet but i'm not sure if dev did any changes to the UPB dimming in this update.
              Give 3.0.2.12 a try for me.
              Like Barry said, try removing and re-adding a device to see if that helps too.

I've had many UPB users say their dimming is working now, so we'll need to dig further if you still have issues.
              HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
              54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
              Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
              X