www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > Media Controller Plug-in (3P)

Media Controller Plug-in (3P) Discussion of Media Controller DLNA-Manager Plug-in

Old February 14th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Have A Blessed Day

Got 1.0.9 installed.
It found many of my devices.
Ran into a problem when I rebooted HS.
Look at 9:10:55. At that point HS was locked up. No response.
About 4 minutes later it finsihed starting up.
The entry at 9:14:43 was when it finally continued on.

2/14/2012 9:10:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Register callback completed
2/14/2012 9:10:43 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Initializing Plug-in: DLNA Manager
2/14/2012 9:10:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~InitIO Called
2/14/2012 9:10:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~InitializeUPnPDevices called
2/14/2012 9:10:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ReadIniFile has discovered 2 device types to look for
2/14/2012 9:10:52 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Set APIInstance called for device - Living Room BDT-210. Index = 3
2/14/2012 9:10:53 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~RenderingControlCallback added for device = Living Room BDT-210
2/14/2012 9:10:53 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ConnectionManagerCallBack added for device = Living Room BDT-210
2/14/2012 9:10:55 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~AvTransportCallback added for device = Living Room BDT-210
2/14/2012 9:10:55 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~CreateUPnPControllers created an instance of UPnPDeviceController for UPnPDevice = Living Room BDT-210 with Device index 0 and MusicIndex = 3
2/14/2012 9:10:55 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Set APIInstance called for device - VSX-1021. Index = 2
2/14/2012 9:14:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~RenderingControlCallback added for device = VSX-1021
2/14/2012 9:14:43 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ConnectionManagerCallBack added for device = VSX-1021
2/14/2012 9:14:44 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~AvTransportCallback added for device = VSX-1021
2/14/2012 9:14:47 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~CreateUPnPControllers created an instance of UPnPDeviceController for UPnPDevice = VSX-1021 with Device index 1 and MusicIndex = 2
2/14/2012 9:14:47 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Set APIInstance called for device - Office BDT-110. Index = 1
2/14/2012 9:14:49 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~RenderingControlCallback added for device = Office BDT-110
2/14/2012 9:14:49 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ConnectionManagerCallBack added for device = Office BDT-110
2/14/2012 9:14:50 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~AvTransportCallback added for device = Office BDT-110
2/14/2012 9:14:51 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~CreateUPnPControllers created an instance of UPnPDeviceController for UPnPDevice = Office BDT-110 with Device index 2 and MusicIndex = 1
2/14/2012 9:14:51 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ConnectionManagerCallBack added for device = HOMESERVER: HomeServer:
2/14/2012 9:14:51 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~ContentDirectoryCallBack added for device = HOMESERVER: HomeServer:
2/14/2012 9:14:51 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~CreateUPnPControllers created an instance of UPnPDeviceController for UPnPDevice = HOMESERVER: HomeServer: with Device index 3 and MusicIndex = 0
2/14/2012 9:14:51 PM ~!~DLNA Manager~!~Initialized
My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, EasyTrigger, FBitSeer, HSTouch Server, Kinect, PHLocation, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2
Old February 15th, 2012, 01:33 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFGuy View Post
Ran into a problem when I rebooted HS.
Look at 9:10:55. At that point HS was locked up. No response.
About 4 minutes later it finsihed starting up.
not quite sure what to think of it. I know there are still problems with the plugin after you restart HS, messing up indexes but this doesn't look like it. The callback that comes back after 4 minutes is the UPNP system taking its merry time, not sure why. Just keep an eye open, report if it always happens or only sometimes. Suggest you wait until next beta to test restarting, I have to get this discovering & adding of device and maintaining correct indexes after a restart fixed

Dirk
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:32 AM
OverSeer

New beta v.10 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.10:

• The ADD and Config functions in the DLNA Table should now work properly
  • Config pages for Renderers and Servers have been added
  • You can now set the Queue Play speed if you like to "play" pictures.
  • If you are playing a playlist, the pause/stop/next/prev buttons will effect the queue behavior
  • Added functions to play repeatedly and randomly (shuffle) from the playlist
  • If the DLNA device is not reliable, there is now an option to "poll" the device in case events are missing
  • You should be able to create HST screens that show title/album/artist/picture/albumart
  • If you had previous versions installed, follow this sequence. When HS is still running, go to the setup page and delete all HS devices that were created by this plugin. Stop HS. Install this version. Delete the HSPI_DLNA MANAGER.INI file which can be found in the <hsroot>\CONFIG subdirectory. Restart HS and now add the devices you want.
  • Hopefully the last time you have to delete devices and ini files
  • Not implemented yet: Triggers, navigating through media content using HS Touch's MediaSelector, removing devices, activating/deactivating devices, saving/editing/deleting playlists, no help files yet
Old February 24th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Seer Deluxe

Nice job Dirk,

Your plugin now finds my Content Server (Windows Media Player) and sets up a config page for the device. Now if I only had a upnp renderer device so I could actually use the plugin...

One small suggestion for your next version is to include a connected.gif into the html folder for the status page.
Attached Images

HomeTroller 3 (XPe)
HomeSeer 2.4.0.57 - and x10 exclusively
PlugIns: SnevlCID | tenHsPower | HomeSeer Log Monitor | ActiveBackup
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:20 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameridan View Post
Nice job Dirk,

Your plugin now finds my Content Server (Windows Media Player) and sets up a config page for the device. Now if I only had a upnp renderer device so I could actually use the plugin...

One small suggestion for your next version is to include a connected.gif into the html folder for the status page.
Hi Dan, thanks for the feedback. By the way, you can use Windows Media Player as Renderer :-)

Dirk
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:20 AM
OverSeer

New beta v.11 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.11:

• added a HS device with activate/deactivate button to turn renderers/servers on or off, so that function was removed from the config file and is now under HS control
  • added some icons for status information such as deactivate/activated-Offline/Activated-Online
  • you can now save a playlist but no code yet to name them, that will be next
  • probably best to start from scratch again (delete hs device, delete ini file)
Old March 2nd, 2012, 02:35 AM
OverSeer

New beta v.12 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.12:

• fixed some issues with playing music from the queue
  • fix some issues with devices that have changed IP address
Old March 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasonjr View Post
Do you know if this can be used as an HSTouch picture slide-show? Meaning, can I configure the DLNA content to be my pictures and have HSTouch run a slide-show?
Thanks
As of beta .v13 you can now use HSTouch as a slide-show.
Dirk
Old March 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
OverSeer

New beta v.13 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.13:

• Added a new "virtual" UPNP Device representing HS Touch. You can now select/create a playlist of pictures and "stream" this to HS Touch clients. In HST designer you would drop an "Image box" on your screen and link the "StatusTrackingNorm" to an Association Type = "music" and select from the drop down list for Music : "HS Touch Device Current Track's Album Cover ArtWork". You can set the speed of how fast you want to change the pictures in the config page for the HS Touch device. Your pictures will now stream to your client.
  • fix a bunch of other things associated with HS Touch designer.
Old March 4th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Seer Deluxe

Dirk,

Quote:
By the way, you can use Windows Media Player as Renderer :-)
I don't think that applies to version 11. Anyways it was nice to see what a renderer device displays with your virtual touch device although I'm not yet using HSTouch, but I did order a Tenvis JPT3815W pan/tilt netcam ($49) that is supposed to support the latest version of Foscam CGI and it will probably show up as my 1st upnp renderer device since it has audio (although not the best quality probably - but it also has an audio out jack). My Panasonic TV is supposed to be able to display and control netcams on the LAN too, so I'll have fun playing around with the new toy and linking it into Homeseer.

ver 13 installed nicely, but it shows up as 12 - no bigee

QUESTION: Is there a way to tie the audio TTS from Homeseer Speaker into DLNA Manager so that announcements could be also broadcast to renderer devices?

-Dan

Last edited by ameridan; March 4th, 2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: added question
Old March 4th, 2012, 02:15 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
I don't think that applies to version 11.
Actually I thought v11 would be able as well. If you click on the "Stream" button on the top left, do you see the option "Allow remote control of my Player"? If you set that, you should be able to use it as a renderer.

Do you have any Android or iPad/iPhone devices? The slideshow should work on those as well, although I haven't tried it yet.

Quote:
ver 13 installed nicely, but it shows up as 12 - no bigee
Thanks for pointing that out. I realized it after I had posted it but assumed nobody would notice

Quote:
QUESTION: Is there a way to tie the audio TTS from Homeseer Speaker into DLNA Manager so that announcements could be also broadcast to renderer devices?
Now that is an interesting idea! I do this in my Sonos plugin, I can cut/paste the code from one plug-in to another and rather than stream it to the Sonosplayer, do it on any renderer. Having that said, it has been quite a challenge to get it right on the Sonos player, where I save state of the player and restore everything after the announcement. The reason it works on the Sonos is because it is 100% controllable via its UPNP interface, including querying it for any state information. In this case there is zero chance of that being possible so it would interrupt anything happening on the renderer and probably leave it in a stopped state after the announcement, not sure how WAF friendly that's going to be.

Dirk
Old March 4th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Seer Deluxe

Checkbox

Hi Dirk,

I thought I'd throw out the results of an experiment I did, in case you or others might want to incorporate smaller media player buttons into the status page.

Quote:
Sub Main()
dim dv
set dv = hs.NewDeviceEx("Controls")
dv.hc = "["
dv.dc = "30"
dv.location = "DLNA Manager"
' dv.location2 = ""
dv.misc = &h10 'Status only
' dv.dev_type_string = "Virtual"
' dv.status_support = False 'Does not support X-10 status requests

hs.WaitSecs 5
hs.deviceButtonAdd dv.hc&dv.dc, "xxxx.vbs(""Play"","""")", " ► "
hs.deviceButtonAdd dv.hc&dv.dc, "xxxx.vbs(""Stop"","""")", " ■ "
hs.deviceButtonAdd dv.hc&dv.dc, "xxxx.vbs(""Pause"","""")", " ║ "
hs.deviceButtonAdd dv.hc&dv.dc, "xxxx.vbs(""Prev"","""")", " « "
hs.deviceButtonAdd dv.hc&dv.dc, "xxxx.vbs(""Next"","""")", " » "

End Sub
resulting in the image below.

The alt codes I used are 16, 254, 186, 174 and 175 respectively and I tried out the buttons and they work!

By the way I revealed part of your plugin in the device configuration when I did this I guess...
Quote:
Digital Input
Analog Input
Digital Output
Interface Variable
-Dan
Attached Images

Last edited by ameridan; March 4th, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old March 4th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorsus View Post
Actually I thought v11 would be able as well. If you click on the "Stream" button on the top left, do you see the option "Allow remote control of my Player"? If you set that, you should be able to use it as a renderer.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or need to reinstall? as I don't see any stream button...
Attached Images

Old March 4th, 2012, 04:13 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong or need to reinstall? as I don't see any stream button...
My bad. Just fired up my last remaining XP machine and indeed, v11 doesn't support this.
Sorry for sending you into the weeds.

Dirk
Old March 4th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorsus View Post

Now that is an interesting idea! I do this in my Sonos plugin, I can cut/paste the code from one plug-in to another and rather than stream it to the Sonosplayer, do it on any renderer. Having that said, it has been quite a challenge to get it right on the Sonos player, where I save state of the player and restore everything after the announcement. The reason it works on the Sonos is because it is 100% controllable via its UPNP interface, including querying it for any state information. In this case there is zero chance of that being possible so it would interrupt anything happening on the renderer and probably leave it in a stopped state after the announcement, not sure how WAF friendly that's going to be.

Dirk
I'd be happy with simultaneous audio like I do on my PC, or doesn't the plugin function that way? When homeseer speaker announces callerid, doorbell rings, etc., it's right on top of my streaming audio and the WAF is great.
Old March 5th, 2012, 02:24 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
I'd be happy with simultaneous audio like I do on my PC, or doesn't the plugin function that way? When homeseer speaker announces callerid, doorbell rings, etc., it's right on top of my streaming audio and the WAF is great.
On a PC you can use the speaker client for TTS, no need for any plugin. The mixing of audio, that would be Windows (or the OS combined with the audio HW) doing that, DLNA devices wouldn't mix anything unless it has a special implementation .

Dirk
Old March 18th, 2012, 12:13 AM
OverSeer

New beta v.14 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.14:

• Fixed an issue with XBMC, where HS would "hang" for 10~20 minutes while the XBMC was being discovered
  • Fixed and rewrote a bunch of stuff, no new features
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Seer Master

Xbmc

Hi dcorsus,

I'm responding from your other thread you said are not monitoring.
Ok, thank you for responding to the XBMC question and that you started supporting it.
I take no credit for introducing you to XBMC. But all credit goes to the devs. at XBMC.org. and http://packages.pulse-eight.net/
They are the heros, I'm just a fan.
Back to the topic, about the statement you posted in you other thread about XBMC, Quote:-
I'm currently doing some testing with playing Pandora on the XBMC. The good news is that the XBMC sends UPNP events to the plug-in, the bad news is that the "media server" part of the XBMC doesn't seem to publish the Pandora radiostation information.

You will forgive me or correct me if I give you the wrong information but I believe what you were talking about may be found here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...erver_HTTP_API
For a snippet of how XBMC responds to remote apps, use the following:
(a);running xbmc and xbmc has its web server turned on):
Turns on broadcasting at low level (just playing events)

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/xbmcCmds/x...rameter=1;8278

(b);Turns on broadcasting at high level (includes button presses etc)
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/xbmcCmds/x...rameter=2;8278

(c);Turns off broadcasting events
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/xbmcCmds/x...st&parameter=0

Note the 8278 parameter is the default value and is optional if the default value is to be used.
Make sure it is the same value as used by XBMC Listener.

Provided you have xbmc running on the same lan segment as XBMC Listener you should not need to change the IP
address used by XBMC Listener.
If this is not the case - you are on your own!

(d);Displays the current setting
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80/xbmcCmds/x...d=GetBroadcast
;i.e the XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:80 = The IP address of our XBMC.

Cool for now and I'm going to test the new plugin.

Eman.
Old March 18th, 2012, 11:50 PM
OverSeer

New beta v.15 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.15:

• Added buttons for Shuffle and Repeat and ClearQueue
  • The logic of the plugin is now as follows: if you add tracks to the queue, any action like play/pause/stop/shuffle/repeat/next/prev will automatically apply to the queue. If you have a DLNA renderer which has a queue (haven't come across any yet except for Sonos), clear the queue and buttons like next/prev will be sent to the renderer rather then applied to the local queue. So you should be able to start/stop play pretty seamlessly.
  • Added save Playlist, Load playlist features. Whatever you drag in your playlist (queue) will be automatically saved for that player. It will be automatically loaded when HS starts up. However you can now save this queues as playlists for this plug-in and for example load this playlist on a different renderer.
    Unfortunately had to make changes that require, one more time, removal off devices an ini file. So if you had previous versions installed, follow this sequence. When HS is still running, go to the setup page and delete all HS devices that were created by this plugin. Stop HS. Install this version. Delete the HSPI_DLNA MANAGER.INI file which can be found in the <hsroot>\CONFIG subdirectory. Restart HS and now add the devices you want.
  • Still to come, triggers/actions/help file/image preloading/Editing of Queues/perhaps little icons with Queue elements
Old March 19th, 2012, 12:08 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
You will forgive me or correct me if I give you the wrong information but I believe what you were talking about may be found here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...erver_HTTP_API
For a snippet of how XBMC responds to remote apps, use the following:
(a);running xbmc and xbmc has its web server turned on):
Turns on broadcasting at low level (just playing events)
Actually what you refer to here is controlling XBMC via proprietary HTTP commands, the DLNA manager plug-in is developed to control devices via a standardized UPNP protocol. The good news is that it is standardized and works on a large set of devices. The bad news is that what is standardized is pretty limited (typically start/stop/pause/volume/play something from another server). Many devices can be controlled in much more extensive ways using proprietary protocols/APIs but you would need that device and lots and lots of time to develop. So for those solutions you are better off with a homeseer plugin that was developed specifically for that player, like plugins for Onkyos, Squeezeboxes, Sonos .....

I do believe that the team developing XBMC are spending time improving the UPnP interface. I first had version 10 installed and ran into many issues. I upgraded to version 11 (RC2 I believe) and some of the bugs appear to be gone. It did crash quite a good bit, but it was a bit caused by what the plugin was doing (wrong). Major shortcoming from 2 days of testing, XBMC is announcing via its UPnP interface what it is playing but it is not providing details such as track/artist/album. As a DLNA server, so far I can only "see" video and music containers but not pictures. Haven't even been able to detect or put anything in these containers. I found some questions about the same issue on the XBMC forum but no clear answers. I also couldn't find a LastFM plugin (wasn't looking very hard) but the Pandora plugin works fine although I now doubt I will be able to control that station from this plugin.

For time being, I'm back focusing on the basic functions for the plugin, have set my XBMC testing aside.

Dirk