Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New GC Product iTach Flex

Hi Ultra

Any plans for supporting the new iTach Flex?

I've gout one of these and I think the support is nearly there. The plug-in connects quite happily to the Flex, but it only creates one IR Device, even if the actual flex has three connected via the TriPort.

Thanks
    Nicolai
    Nicolai L

Yes, the HomeSeer 2 version of the UltraGCIR HSPI will be updated to support the Global Cache iTach Flex. I hope to have the equipment within a week.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Great. Thanks
      Nicolai L

Comment

I still don't have the iTach Flex unit. They are on backorder.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

For what it's worth, UltraGCIR works with the Flex if it's setup for 1:1 Blaster mode.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
            For what it's worth, UltraGCIR works with the Flex if it's setup for 1:1 Blaster mode.

Z
            Can you or someone please explain the difference between the emitter modes of ports 1 and 2 and the "blaster mode" of port 3 of the iTach? When would you use a blaster mode? Thanks.
            "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
            "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Blaster mode is a special end device you plug into the iTach, it "blasts" the signal for larger distances. It does not have visual feedback like the normal emitters do. It takes more current to operate, so you need to tell (configure) your iTach for the port you plug it into.
              Example:
              I use the emitters to stick to the front of my AV/etc equipment to control them individually. I use the Blaster to control multiple devices. My living room blaster controls the Samsung TV (it doesn't do IP on very well) from across the room using an iTach Flex wifi device. My kitchen Blaster controls the OnQ audio panel and the Samsung located there. The emitters are used individually for the Blinds, Sat box, AV receiver, Squeezebox, etc.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
                Blaster mode is a special end device you plug into the iTach, it "blasts" the signal for larger distances. It does not have visual feedback like the normal emitters do. It takes more current to operate, so you need to tell (configure) your iTach for the port you plug it into. Z
                Thank you very much!

Elliott
                "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
                X