This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm calling it. It's fixed!
    I'll add back the first board and see if the trend continues (as we expect).

I cannot pinpoint where I enabled it. I know where (around 19.10.2016 21:00) , but I can't see it.

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Yes. Confirmed fixed!
      Last night I added back the first Arduino Mega board as before, and nothing happened. CPU usage still averages around 11-12%.

So the CPU dropped from around 20% to 12% from .124 to .127. Nice work!
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Great. Another one down...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Add Auto Connect Back In

Hi Greig,

Were you able to add back to the ethernet API version in the auto connect feature that got left out at some point for boards beyond board 1?

Thanks,

Art

Comment

ESP 8266 sleep function

Hi Greig

First off ,Thank You for all your hard work in making this plugin, with the unlimited versatility of the Arduino environment this plugin offers one of the biggest steps forward to home automation. And one of the biggest head aches to the programmer.

I am new to this environment but my head is spinning with the potential.

I notice you have mentioned several times you are working on support for more boards and of special interest to me are the ESP series of boards. During your development in this area would you kindly consider adding some "Sleep" function for the ESP boards, something to put the boards to sleep for a predefined interval, then wake and send data to HS and then sleep again. Obviously the plugin would have to inhibit polling during this sleep time or it would return connection errors.

The reason for this is it would open up a range of opportunity for battery operation as the power requirements are very low during the sleep period.

Thanks

Brian

Comment

Posting this request in the official(?) feature requests - I'd like to get the number of variables associated with the API code increased from 48 to 64 please. I've recently run up against this limitation. My workaround is to pack/unpack digitals but it complicates things greatly.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ksdehoff View Post
                Posting this request in the official(?) feature requests - I'd like to get the number of variables associated with the API code increased from 48 to 64 please. I've recently run up against this limitation. My workaround is to pack/unpack digitals but it complicates things greatly.

Thanks!
                Yes this can be done but I can not give a time scale on this at the moment. I will add it to the list.

Greig
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

My electricity meter has an led that blinks based on usage and soon my water and gas meter will have too. I like to have a counter that runs on the arduino board that logs the number of pulses and can be read from HS. Opting fo a arduino based counter because I feel that monitoring a fast and ever changing input will put too much stress on HS.

Comment

Alias

I haven't seen this request in the regular discussion so I am posting it here. Is it possible to have aliases for the boards and pins. For instance, instead of "Board 1" I would like to name it "Outdoor Controller". Then instead of "Pin 2" I could use something like "Water Fountain". This would make things in HS much easier to understand, even more so if several Arduino boards are being used.

Comment

Never mind, I actually can rename them in HS.

Comment

Hi Greig, I'd like to request a way of moving devices around between boards.

For example. I might test a new input on pin 5 of board 1 which is my test board in my "lab". I might build events around it, and even scripts.

Then I want to move it to "production" which might be pin 6 on Board 9 for example.

Another example would be where I need to move pins around on an existing board.

It would be great to be able to click a "swap devices" button against pin 5 board 1 in the gui, and be presented with a dropdown of all the other enabled "input" pins across all arduinos. Select pin 6 on board 9, and it executes the swap.

Ideally then, the address references do not change so that any existing events or scripts continue to work, just with the new device.

The dropdown could contain all pins that have been enabled of the same type as the original. eg. all input pins, or all output pins, or all pwm pins etc.

I do this quite often with my xAP devices - there is a separate xAP database that maps the HS3 device to the xAP address, and by modifying the db directly I can move my xAP devices around without redoing the HS3 events.

Is this feasible?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by apluck View Post
                          Hi Greig, I'd like to request a way of moving devices around between boards.

For example. I might test a new input on pin 5 of board 1 which is my test board in my "lab". I might build events around it, and even scripts.

Then I want to move it to "production" which might be pin 6 on Board 9 for example.

Another example would be where I need to move pins around on an existing board.

It would be great to be able to click a "swap devices" button against pin 5 board 1 in the gui, and be presented with a dropdown of all the other enabled "input" pins across all arduinos. Select pin 6 on board 9, and it executes the swap.

Ideally then, the address references do not change so that any existing events or scripts continue to work, just with the new device.

The dropdown could contain all pins that have been enabled of the same type as the original. eg. all input pins, or all output pins, or all pwm pins etc.

I do this quite often with my xAP devices - there is a separate xAP database that maps the HS3 device to the xAP address, and by modifying the db directly I can move my xAP devices around without redoing the HS3 events.

Is this feasible?

Cheers.
                          Al,

Yes this is feasible but would take a bit of work to put the checks in place as the device address is based on the type on IO on the pin so I would need to update this and also check that it is not in use on the new board. I will have a think about this and add it to the list of thinks to do.

Greig.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

Thanks Greig - just thinking about 1 wire devices-they would need slightly different treatment...

Comment

Upload scketch over ethernet

Hi Greig,

I have now a MEGA board functional with 8 relays and 10 inputs, with ethernet shield, and will now place it in the closet where all the cables of the house are going to, and start connecting everything.

At this point I realize that if you publish a new sketch, I will have to use a portable PC with USB and Arduino software to upload it.
                              I particularly appreciated your automatic construction and upload of sketch directly from the plugin config page, so it would be great to have also a direct upload through ethernet system for IP connected cards.
                              (As I read this could be done using tftp )

Thanks
                              Pierre
                              Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

My projects are based on the nodeMCU board. Greig, I'm very thankful for the effort to make it work under the plugin.

As I work on this, a couple of requests come to mind:

1. Support for some kind of temp sensor. I like either DHT22 or 18B20 (requires OneWire). DHT11 is not accurate enough.

2. Support for the A0 pin. I have a CO sensor that needs it.

Thanks for you consideration.

Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X