Any FireBoard users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any FireBoard users?

I just received my FireBoard BBQ thermometer. I noticed that they have a web API. Any plugin developers also like to BBQ?

https://www.fireboard.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    I just received my FireBoard BBQ thermometer. I noticed that they have a web API. Any plugin developers also like to BBQ?

https://www.fireboard.com

I don't have one but looks interesting... kinda pricey.

Comment

It is definitely more expensive than other thermometers. But not more than any with the connectivity (WiFi and BT), cloud account, local control, 6 probes, API, and the ability to do fan control.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

I have one. It also has alexa skills. I do not have an alexa so i can not comment on the use.

First cook with it was last weekend. Love it, much better than the Tappeque.

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
          I don't have one but looks interesting... kinda pricey.

It is a drop in the bucket price wise when you start looking at prices of grills/pits. Heck there are chunks of wagyu brisket that cost more than the thermometer.

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
            It is a drop in the bucket price wise when you start looking at prices of grills/pits. Heck there are chunks of wagyu brisket that cost more than the thermometer.
            Oh no doubt. A good grill is not cheap.

Comment

I just order one to. Would be great to monitor it in homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by RK15 View Post
                I just order one to. Would be great to monitor it in homeseer.
                They have a really nice API. If I had one I could probably write the plugin for it. But I don't think I would sell enough of the plugin to recoup the cost of the fireboard. I'll add it to my birthday list and see what happens. In the meantime someone else may pick up the cause!

https://docs.fireboard.io/reference/restapi.html#main

Comment

They have good reviews on most of the Bbq sites and forums.

https://smokingmeatgeeks.com/wifi-fireboard-review/

Plus the company seems like just a great well run Kansas City based company. I wanted to order the extreme kit but with the comp probes instead of the rtd based probes. Contacted them with their web form. Very quick response. Gave me what I wanted for less than I expected. No calling in with credit cards or waiting for call backs of having to jump through hoops.

Somehow they have managed to be a new small company with a tech product that came out the door with mature customer support.

Impressed so far.

Comment

Is it IFTTT enabled ?? Note that some clouds appear to be faster than others ,, I have a LEEO that takes forever to update thru IFTTT, yet most devices at most take a minute to set , a lot seem to be almost as fast as doing it locally.. Keep in mind if you do it using HS3 (or I'm sure any HA system.) you're going thru at least 3 clouds ,, the devices , IFTTTs and MYHS or MYHS , IFTTTs , the device.. so you are at the mercy of those clouds volume and reliability.. Not that the others don't ever go down it does seem MYHS goes down a lot I been having other issues so it could be better ,, you just may want to google if things go wrong.. Any how you may want to try IFTTT if the device is IFTTT enabled.. I'm the only one having this issue (according to Homeseer !!) yet the one big hint I can give you is after on get the device working with Homeseer ,, backup HS3 and restart I've have been having an issue with my IFTTT devices disappearing if I don't restart after adding them.. Hope this helps.. I use IFTTT to do all my WIFI devices that work with IFTTT with HS3 , I've used it to get to some of my Smartthings hub devices ,, it works well..

Comment

It is Alexa and google voice enabled. Not sure about IFTTT integration. That would be a good solution for triggering if they added it.

Comment

I currently use Rocks Stoker and have dreamed of HS3 Integration.

So I've contacted Fireboard twice now with questions about IoT connectivity options.

I got nada, zip, no response at all.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Simplex Tech (me) have received official "Permission" to develop a plugin for FireBoard with approvals of using TM and Logo's.

If nobody else wants to take this on then I will. It should be interesting.

As I don't have a Fireboard (currently) at some point I may need someone who has one to assistant with doing testing.

Comment

You know you want one, you might as well get it now..

Kidding aside, does anyone know if you can name the probes. In other words are the probes chipped so they can be plugged into any port and still retain their identification?

I love that feature with the Stoker.
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                              Simplex Tech (me) have received official "Permission" to develop a plugin for FireBoard with approvals of using TM and Logo's.

If nobody else wants to take this on then I will. It should be interesting.

As I don't have a Fireboard (currently) at some point I may need someone who has one to assistant with doing testing.
                              I can test. I need to re-calibrate my grills, so I have the time and will to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X