X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Backitude, when configuring the server for MyHS, in addition to putting in the myhs credentials, I had to change the response code from 202 to 200 before it would start working. I didn't see that in the documentation. After that, it works great without having to have any port forwarding enabled on my firewall, and I get ssl now.

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post
      For Backitude, when configuring the server for MyHS, in addition to putting in the myhs credentials, I had to change the response code from 202 to 200 before it would start working. I didn't see that in the documentation. After that, it works great without having to have any port forwarding enabled on my firewall, and I get ssl now.
      Thanks for spotting that. I've updated the user guide.

Paul..

Comment

I've just uploaded version 3.0.1.108

Following a fix in .107 for incorrect speed values with Backitude data I inadvertently broke it in a situation where speed data isn't present. This version fixes that problem.

Paul..

Comment

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I think you are referring to the passcode you are using to unlock your phone, correct?
            If so then the unlock method used doesn't affect the plug-in.

To verify which 2-part authentication system you have in use:
            The newer 2-FA variant will come up with a notification message on all your trusted iDevices showing the approximate location of whatever it is trying to connect to your account with a deny and allow button. If you hit allow then you will be given a 6 digit code.

The older 2-SA variant had to be told which device to send the code to and on the selected device you would simply get the code as a notification.

The plug-in should continue to work with the older format if the account was set up and working in the plug-in prior to the update to a version > 3.0.1.90, however you won't be able to set up a new account in the plug-in that has the older format of 2-part auth.

The reason is: The way in which the code is verified at initial set up is different with the 2 different auth formats and the new version of the plug-in doesn't support the older method. If this proves to be an issue, I could add back in support for the older system.

If you get errors when the new plug-in version tries to access your iCloud account and you have 2FA on, then hit the reset account button (found on the PHL tab of the root iAccount device) and try to connect again.
            This will force a re-verification procedure.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
              I think you are referring to the passcode you are using to unlock your phone, correct?

If so then the unlock method used doesn't affect the plug-in.

To verify which 2-part authentication system you have in use:

The newer 2-FA variant will come up with a notification message on all your trusted iDevices showing the approximate location of whatever it is trying to connect to your account with a deny and allow button. If you hit allow then you will be given a 6 digit code.

The older 2-SA variant had to be told which device to send the code to and on the selected device you would simply get the code as a notification.

The plug-in should continue to work with the older format if the account was set up and working in the plug-in prior to the update to a version > 3.0.1.90, however you won't be able to set up a new account in the plug-in that has the older format of 2-part auth.

The reason is: The way in which the code is verified at initial set up is different with the 2 different auth formats and the new version of the plug-in doesn't support the older method. If this proves to be an issue, I could add back in support for the older system.

If you get errors when the new plug-in version tries to access your iCloud account and you have 2FA on, then hit the reset account button (found on the PHL tab of the root iAccount device) and try to connect again.

This will force a re-verification procedure.

Paul..
              HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

OK, if you're getting the 6-digit code then you have 2-factor and not 2-step.

During testing of both 2-SA and 2-FA, I have seen some inconsistent behaviour with iCloud which which I don't fully understand.

With version .90 of the plug-in it was only possible to get a 2-FA code verified using the SMS method because unlike with 2-SA, devices were not listed for you to choose. This is because with 2-FA, all devices will receive the notification and you can obtain the code on which ever device you choose. If you verified with SMS in version .90 then it is likely that it would work with (as you mentioned) the caveat that each restart of the plug-in would generate a new notification.

The reason for the notification on a re-start is that version .90 of the plug-in wasn't persisting the correct data between sessions for 2-FA.

To summarise:
                The latest version of the plug-in (.109) will work OK with your 2-Factor iCloud account and you won't get notifications on a re-start once you have verified a code.

If you are going to update, then the best way to do it is:
                1. Go into the iAccounts page and stop services.
                2. Change the refresh interval for all iAccounts to Off.
                3. Open the root device for editing of the relevant iAccount(s) and on the PHL tab hit the reset button.
                4. Update the plug-in and re-enable it.
                5. Set the intervals for each iAccount as required.
                6. Start services.

When the plug-in attempts to connect to a 2-FA enabled iCloud account for the first time, you will get a notification on all your devices and it will set the iAccount status to "Awaiting Verification".

Open the root device and on the PHL tab enter the code and hit the verify button.

Once this is done you shouldn't get any more notifications / emails even after a re-start.

Paul..

Comment

Paul

Thanks for the continued updates and support for PHL. I just updated to .109 and switched GeoFency to use myhs. Once I update my wife's GeoFency to do the same I will be one port closer to none open on my firewall.

I guess it's time to revisit 2FA also. Maybe next weekend.

Cheers
                  James
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Paul,

I enabled 2FA for our iDevices and the icon for iAccount Status is WAITING.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
                    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                      Paul,

I enabled 2FA for our iDevices and the icon for iAccount Status is WAITING.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
                      Yes.

Previously the account status would show "connected" status all the time that the service was running and may have cycled between "authenticating" and "connected" whenever iCloud was polled.

What's happening in the background is that the service effectively becomes disconnected if the polling interval is sufficiently long enough (> 10 minutes I think) so when the next polling interval comes along it has to re-authenticate and the status would briefly change to "authenticating" then back to "connected". With a short polling interval (< 10 mins) you would probably not see it re-authenticating, hence the status would stay "connected".

In .107 and later I decided that the status was not "technically" correct so I added another status of "waiting". The "waiting" status is used between polling intervals which is a more "correct" description of the actual account status.

Paul..

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I originally thought it was waiting to connect and thus possibly a problem with my 2FA setup.
                        Michael

Comment

Working...
                        X