This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x10 RF questions

If I can get HS back on track my next project is to add a few ds10A, some activeeyes and a ninja. I know I need an x10 rf receiver and a plug in to make it work. I see there's an USB CM19A on Ebay for $7.19. Is this what I need? My only serial port is being used by the ztroller so I need a usb solution. If some one has a suggestion on what pluggin and hardware I need I would appreciate it.

The only RF solution I would consider and recommend is the W800 plugin. The only drawback is it doesn't support the ninja. If you add any RF receivers to the powerline your will experience an undesired flooding of the powerlines with X10 signals. The ACRF plugin is used for this plugin.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

W800 and ACRF all the way.

Comment

For the DS10's (and any other X10 RF Security device, like the MS10 and keyfobs) you will need a W800 or RFXCOM receiver. To my knowledge there is no USB version of the W800, the RFXCOM is USB, but is a little more expensive. You should be able to control the ninja's through the cm19a, if you haven't already done it, do a search on the board for cm19 for more info.

I have two W800's, they work great with DS10's, MS10's, and a bunch of HawkEyes and ActiveEyes, as well as some RFXCOM weather sensors. All managed by ACRF. I also have a RFXCOM receiver for Oregon Scientific weather sensors (currently managed by xapmcsrf, which interfaces to HS with the mcsXap plug-in).

Bill

Comment

Bill,
          Which "RFXCOM weather sensors" do you use? I didn't now the W800 would read these sensors.

Comment

After a quick search it looks like the RFXCOM gets the best reviews. But where do you buy it and how much is it?

Can you have cm19 also for the ninja ir will it conflict?

Can the w800 use a usb adapter reliably?

Comment

This adapter will work.
              http://store.homeseer.com/store/Accessories-C50.aspx

Comment

68sting,

For the US and Canada you can use the RFXCOM 310MHz receiver and the cost is about $104. You don't need an USB adapter for this receiver because it has a native USB. Available at www.rfxcom.com

The RFXCOM USB interface can have a second receiver installed and this could be for example the 433.92MHz X10 + Oregon Scientific receiver. With this configuration you are able to receive:
                - US/Canada X10 sensors (310MHz)
                - Rest of the world X10 sensors (433.92MHz)
                - RFXSensor (temp,humidity,baro,DC voltage up to 10volt)
                - RFXPower (whole house power measurement)
                - Digimax (European thermostat)
                - Oregon Scientific weather sensors

Rupp,
                The RFXCOM weather sensors are the RFXSensors. They transmit 32 bits and can therefore be received by the W800 too. For the US/Canada a 310MHz version and for the rest of the world a 433.92MHz version is available.
                The RFXSensor RF unit contains a temperature sensor and an optional humidity sensor. It has also a connection for up to 7 wired external sensors. For external sensors there are temperature, humidity and barometric sensors available. Or you can connect the DS18B20 or DS2438. The DS2438 sensor or RFXCOM 60011/65/66 sensors have an free A/D input that can be used to measure DC voltages up to 10 volt.

Bert

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
                  68sting,

For the US and Canada you can use the RFXCOM 310MHz receiver and the cost is about $104. You don't need an USB adapter for this receiver because it has a native USB. Available at www.rfxcom.com

The RFXCOM USB interface can have a second receiver installed and this could be for example the 433.92MHz X10 + Oregon Scientific receiver. With this configuration you are able to receive:
                  - US/Canada X10 sensors (310MHz)
                  - Rest of the world X10 sensors (433.92MHz)
                  - RFXSensor (temp,humidity,baro,DC voltage up to 10volt)
                  - RFXPower (whole house power measurement)
                  - Digimax (European thermostat)
                  - Oregon Scientific weather sensors

Rupp,
                  The RFXCOM weather sensors are the RFXSensors. They transmit 32 bits and can therefore be received by the W800 too. For the US/Canada a 310MHz version and for the rest of the world a 433.92MHz version is available.
                  The RFXSensor RF unit contains a temperature sensor and an optional humidity sensor. It has also a connection for up to 7 wired external sensors. For external sensors there are temperature, humidity and barometric sensors available. Or you can connect the DS18B20 or DS2438. The DS2438 sensor or RFXCOM 60011/65/66 sensors have an free A/D input that can be used to measure DC voltages up to 10 volt.

Bert
                  Thanks Bert. I appreciate the description. I need to study up on these sensors.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The second receiver you talked about is that an option that I would add when ordering or whole differeent part #? Will it run a x10 ninja also?

Comment

68sting,

The second receiver is an option and can be ordered any time now or later or never. This is for example the 433.92MHz X10 receiver http://www.rfxcom.com/receivers.htm#60091

On another forum I also saw the question about sensors and ninja.
                      The X10 sensors are transmit only devices and the signals from this sensors can be received by the RFXCOM, W800 or MR26a. These receivers are receive only devices and can not transmit. These receivers are supported by the ACRF and xAP plug-ins.

The CM19 is a tranceiver. This device can receive and transmit data. It is mainly used to control the ninja. The CM19 is not supported by the ACRF plug-in and I don't know if there is any other plug-in in Homeseer that supports this device.

Bert

Comment

68sting

The CM19 will control your ninjas, pm if you would like to see it working. There is a plugin that works 100% with the CM19 controlled by HS 2.2 and is written in .net.

My setup is: RFXcom usb UK reciever AND USA reciever, CM19 (just for ninja control with Blades ninja plugin) and the ACRF plugin.

The reciever part of the CM19 is NOT used other than to retransmit the ninja palmpad commands.

There is a FREE ninja control out there, search for Case Ninja Control but its dated now and theres mixed opinions as to it working with HS 2. The case plugin, if working will recieve your sensors etc (NOT DS10`s) and retransmit down the powerline. (you can filter what gets retransmitted).

Hpe that sort of helps, Im not too great at explaining these things.. mine works, what more can I say?

TrOjAn

Comment

Hi Trojan,

Would you be so kind to check if the RFXCOM receiver is able to receive the CM19 RF? Please use the RFreceiver program and if it is possible to receive the CM19 can you send me the received data by email?

If the RFXCOM receiver is able to receive the CM19 there is a big chance the RFXCOM transmitter is also able to transmit the CM19 commands or I can add this to transmitter.
                          BTW: the RFXCOM transmitter is now also able to transmit Domia Lite commands and these plug-in units can be controlled thus by Homeseer now.

Thanks in advance, Bert

Comment

Hey Bert.. you got me all excited then alas, no the rfxcom cannot "see" the cm19 transmissions.

I used the RFreceiver program to monitor the rfxcom and then had HS transmit the move camera and preset position via the CM19 but the RFXCOM sees nothing, not a single byte.

Sorry but great try... I believe the data is an X10 propriety signal.

If I can help you further please ask..

TrOjAn

Comment

Working...
                            X