Comment

More logs
      Now from lamp module PLCBUS-2264
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lunkan View Post
        Yes, works!
        Used DLL V0.10.2.2
        Good to hear. I think I'll send this new version to the updater tomorrow if no other problem is reported.

V0.8.2.2 has been in production in my house for several days now, and I didn't find any problem.

Future improvements I foresee:

- Filter echo'ed transmissions in 3-phase mode.
        - Add a new default lamp behavior for DIM / BRIGHT commands (dim & bright steps)
        - Switch HomeSeer scene status Off when any device from the scene is moved away from the scene setting.

If you have any other idea ... you're welcome.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Great Stipus This rocks
          Send it to the updater, I've buy it as fast as you get it there

I have switched On/Off modules lamps and dimming to many levels several times today. I also did scenes and even delete scenes from modules. Polling works. Check signal level and noise for example. I have 3 phase system and PLCmodules on all 3 phases, no problem. Everything works!!!
          Commands has never failed with V0.10.2.2
          Hope that people with 220V 50Hz (and 3-phase) will get there minds open for this excellent solution. PLCBus and Homeseer with your plugin.

Comment

Hi Stipus

Just received my new PLcbus kit installed the plugin and happy to report all works great - no problems.

Brilliant job

Comment

Latest version of the PLCBUS Connector has been sent to the updater.

It should be available shortly.

Best regards,
              --
              stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                Latest version of the PLCBUS Connector has been sent to the updater.

It should be available shortly.
                Don't see it in the updater, is it available yet?

Comment

I don't see it either. But we are in the new year period, and the HST team might be on vacation. It might take a few more days until they can add the new plugin to the updater.

However, it's the same as V0.10.2.2 you can find attached a few posts above.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Couldn't get it to work so that's why I was trying to see if it was available from the Updater.
                    Downloaded and unzipped file from post #1, copied to Homeseer 2 directory but nothing...
                    And with the latest version do I need to just replace the dll file?

TIA

Comment

You need to unzip V0.8.2.2 without flattening the file tree inside.

Then shutdown HomeSeer, copy the files (hspi_plcbus.dll should go to the HomeSeer 2 directory, and another hspi_plucbus directory should be copied to HomeSeer 2/html

Then you have to restart HomeSeer, go to the SETUP/ INTERFACE web page, enter the COM port for the PLCBUS-1141 and enable the plugin.

If you have 3-phase or want latest version, you may want to replace the main dll with the one from V0.10.2.2.

However V0.8.2.2 should be fine if you don't have 3-phases.

What step didn't work ? What is your HomeSeer version ?
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

That's great thanks, got it working now (was having problems installing it).

Will do a bit of experimenting with it but so far looks like I'll be definately purchasing it once it's available!

Comment

The PLCBUS Connector is now available from the HomeSeer updater.

Happy new year,
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

I just implemented PLCBUS fast polling into the plugin, and I'm currently beta testing this new feature.

Fast polling is a way to get ON/OFF module status for an entire HouseCode (16 devices) in less than 1 second. You can then get accurate HomeSeer status for modules and switches that have local control.

With the released version of the plugin, you can already use the "PLCBUS Tools / GetOnlyOnAddresses" to see this feature, but this does not update HomeSeer device status, and this is not automatically recurring every minute.

The following new plugin parameters have been implemented:
                            - Fast Polling Enabled: True / False
                            - Fast Polling Interval: defaults to 60 seconds between polls
                            - Fast Polling House Codes: You can enter something like "BCD" to poll House Codes B, C and D.
                            Last edited by stipus; January 1, 2008, 01:24 PM.
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Have plug in working now and am very impressed with all the functionality!

One little thing I would just like to mention, I was reading that all the modules can send a 'Scene' when they are switched i.e. triggering another device when they are switched on (locally as well as remotely I think), I'm just wondering if each switch could send a scene that is solely used to report it's status to HS when switched locally?

Does that make sense?

Keith

Comment

One little thing I would just like to mention, I was reading that all the modules can send a 'Scene' when they are switched i.e. triggering another device when they are switched on (locally as well as remotely I think), I'm just wondering if each switch could send a scene that is solely used to report it's status to HS when switched locally?
                                I didn't see this feature. Where did you read this ?

As far as I know, PLCBUS Modules do not send their status when activated locally (Except the Scene-micro-module and Scene-crystal-switch).
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X