created devices on ID already used by other plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

created devices on ID already used by other plugin

I didn't realize I already had a plugin using the ) house code, and so when i created the temp devices mcstemp "hijacked" them. they show the current temperature in that device Id's status....confusing, and won't work well for certain event actions :-)

What is the easiest way to extricate MCStemp from those device IDs and then recreate them in a new one?

Thanks,

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

mcsTemperature asks HS for an unused house code and then it creates a device with that houses code and sets the .interface property to mcsTemperature of that device so HS knows that mcsTemperature has been allocated that house code. If your other plugin did not reserve the house code in this or similiar manner than HS will continue to give that house code out to any plugin that asks for an available house code.

I published a utility ManageInterface that lets you observe and edit plugin-related properties of devices that are not normally available via the HS browser pages. It is posted at the top of the ADIOcelot forum. You can use it to change individual properties or do a global replacement of certain properties.

Comment

I'll have a go with that utility, thanks.

FWIW, I feel like an idiot! First I forget to tell the plugin where to install, then I do this! I'm sure the other plugin did reserve the house code, it's just that I was looking at a page of temperature serial ID's and I didn't know which ones were which. i looked at my old mcstemperature.ini file and saw one of them labeled, but that was it (not sure why). So i figured "i'll just copy my old mcstemp config to my new installation." Yeah, apparently not the best idea i've had!

I think i'm going to create a spreadsheet or something that will provide me with the name/location/ID of every temp device, that way if i ever have to rebuild from the ground up again, i won't feel so stupid.

thanks,

Ian
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

When I recently migrated my HS2 to HSPro I had a similar problem. All my Insteon devices had numerical status values instead of On/Off. I couldn't really pinpoint where these values came from, could have been from TED, VxWeather, mcsTemperature, etc. I had to save the status of each device back to null so the On/Off would work again. Never did find out what got crossed, but I don't think it was a house code reservation issue because my Insteaon devices always had/have the same house code.
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X