Programs not showing right state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programs not showing right state

A number of my ISY programs were not showing the right "true/false" state in HS, causing events to occur when they weren't supposed to.

I recently replaced my PLM and got into trouble because I hadn't stopped the plug-in. HS went nuts and started running all events with (I presume) ISY devices in their condition one after the other because the scenes and programs were just numbers and perhaps nul or something. I had to restore a backup HS config to fix the problem.

But after fixing it and restarting HS (as well as re-sync'ing the plug-in) several times a number of my ISY programs remained out of sync - presumably to their state at the time the backup config was created. I had to either manually change them in HS or activate the program in ISY for the synchronization to occur.

Is there a way to (ideally) prevent the "crash" that HS experienced and/or have the plug-in double check the state of programs at start up or periodically while it's running?

am running ver 1.0.3.0 of the plug-in and version 3.1.3 of ISY firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyt View Post
      A number of my ISY programs were not showing the right "true/false" state in HS, causing events to occur when they weren't supposed to.

I recently replaced my PLM and got into trouble because I hadn't stopped the plug-in. HS went nuts and started running all events with (I presume) ISY devices in their condition one after the other because the scenes and programs were just numbers and perhaps nul or something. I had to restore a backup HS config to fix the problem.

But after fixing it and restarting HS (as well as re-sync'ing the plug-in) several times a number of my ISY programs remained out of sync - presumably to their state at the time the backup config was created. I had to either manually change them in HS or activate the program in ISY for the synchronization to occur.
      I've added an enhancement request to improve the way the resync function works. It currently only gets updates for the devices and makes sure the ISY devices and HomeSeer devices are in sync. It doesn't do anything with programs (or other things like network resources or variables).

The ISY is suppose to keep the plug-in up-to-date by sending notifications when anything changes. Right now, the only way to fully get the plug-in back in sync with the ISY is to restart the plug-in.

It's really difficult to determine why something is out of sync after the fact. I don't know if the ISY simply didn't send a notification or if the plug-in rejected it or if the plug-in lost it.

Is there a way to (ideally) prevent the "crash" that HS experienced and/or have the plug-in double check the state of programs at start up or periodically while it's running?
      Unfortunately it's hard to force this type of situation to test and debug what happens. I've tried to create various stress type tests and I have fixed some problems based on them, but now those work ok.

The plug-in does check the state of everything on start up. I could add a process to check device/program state periodically, however I hesitate to add processes just for the purpose of trying to correct things that might go wrong. I'd rather find the real problem and correct it.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
      X