Minor 'bugs'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor 'bugs'

The release info will show the information of your Blue-Iris plugin (see attachment).

---
    John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by John245; January 5, 2016, 03:05 PM.

Installed Plug-ins

Although I did the update and noticed the differences in the PI the Installed Plug-ins overview still showed version 3.0.0.0

---
    John
    Attached Files

Comment

Installed Modbus PI Beta section not updated

The version of the Modbus PI installed is not updated in the Beta section of the Plug-ins management page. In this way it will not be clear in a glance if an updated is available.

---
      John
      Attached Files

Comment

This could be a HST issue. I'll check the Updater and fix the release info too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Status Modbus RTU Gateway

The status of the Modbus RTU gateway is also available if I select an COM port without Modbus slave.

---
          John
          Attached Files

Comment

This is expected behavior. If the com port can be opened then the device will be available whether any slaves exist or not.

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
              This is expected behavior. If the com port can be opened then the device will be available whether any slaves exist or not.

No issue for me. But it is also possible to request the slave ID and compare that with the known slave ID. In case not identical gateway is not available.

---
              John

Comment

Set holding register

Not testing the functionality yet, but I had a look at the event possibilities and I noticed the following, not sure if it is a bug.

When setting the value of the holding register using the event functionality there will be asked for a coil address and only an on/off command could be given (no value).

When setting the coil sing the event functionality there will be asked for a register address and a value.

To me it seems that some information is swapped.

---
                John

Comment

John I'm not sure I follow you. What slave IDs would be compared?

Comment

The slave ID selected in the PI and the slave ID requested.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                      Not testing the functionality yet, but I had a look at the event possibilities and I noticed the following, not sure if it is a bug.

When setting the value of the holding register using the event functionality there will be asked for a coil address and only an on/off command could be given (no value).

When setting the coil sing the event functionality there will be asked for a register address and a value.

To me it seems that some information is swapped.

---

John

Events are not fully functional yet. I was focusing on the device side. Once we know the correct parameters I will fix events (for instance, we may need a parameter to determine whether data submitted is signed or unsigned, etc.)

Comment

The slave ID selected in the PI and the slave ID requested.

Still not sure about this. Remember that a mod us network can have up to 254 slaves connected to a single master. Usually slave addresses are set using dip switches or similar, not directly via the mod is network (although there are some exceptions).

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                          Still not sure about this. Remember that a mod us network can have up to 254 slaves connected to a single master. Usually slave addresses are set using dip switches or similar, not directly via the mod is network (although there are some exceptions).

It is not an issue for me. I have also other possibilities to check if the interface is working.

---
                          John

Comment

The release info will show the information of your Blue-Iris plugin (see attachment).

---

John

Solved

Comment

Although I did the update and noticed the differences in the PI the Installed Plug-ins overview still showed version 3.0.0.0

---

John

Solved

Comment

Working...
                              X