Beta JowiHue: combining on/off with Bright devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta JowiHue: combining on/off with Bright devices

This beta will combine the On/Off devices with the Dim devices. Reason for this change is that several users have asked to enable this for the echo and other reasons.

Be sure to make save backups of the HS3 database and also the JowiHue database as this database will have major changes this time as wel. If you want to return to 'normal' after the test of this beta, you need to restore these databases.

How it works
    The plugin does not start the conversion of the Bright devices by itself. This delay is created to give you the time to inventory the events first that you will have to change after the conversion. Events that have JowiHue actions do not need to be changed (unless they are using also the bridge device(s) in triggers, conditions or actions). You can choose to do a conversion per light or group(on the device properties), or all at once (on the configuration page)

Once this beta is installed, any new lights that are added before the conversion will be created with the new configuration settings.

During conversion the bright devices will be removed and the on/off devices will be altered. Especially for the events that have triggers/conditions on the on/off devices have to be change as the device could also have a dim value instead of an on status.

Once you have made the inventory and want to implement the change, you can go to the configuration page en press the "Convert All Dim Devices" button". Or you select properties page of a specific light or group and go to the JowiHue tab en press the convert button.
    After the conversion, it is time for changing events and maybe updating your scripts that were addressing the bright devices directly.

Other changes in this plugin
    The Lifetime information that was stored in the devices is moved to the JowiHue database. Often lifetime was reset if you needed to remove the devices. That resulted in loss of the lifetime information. Moving it to the database allows you to move devices when needed without loosing the lifetime information.
    • Support for colour temperature lights, like the new Philips White Ambiance has been added, so that now a CT device is created for lights that are only supporting colour temperature control. I am working on making this device optional for the color lights.
    • An issue with saving the recovery information has been resolved. In the last version a change was done that could cause an error when saving this information to the database.
    • An issue with Philips Beyond lights was solved that could occur when a bridge would get a new IP address.
    • If a bridge gets a new IP address and the plugin would restart within 15 minutes after correction of the IP address it could loose the bridge information. This is resolved.

Let me know if you have questions on this?

-----------

On beta 1.1.07:
    • Solved an issue for Linux where Presets were not save correctly, causing the creativity page not to show presets at all
    • Resolved a error line in the HS3 log when an unknown sensortype was found
    Last edited by w.vuyk; June 21, 2016, 12:16 PM. Reason: Releasing new beta 1.1.07
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

I have the Amazon Echo and can test.
    (I used a US forwarder to get it to europe)
    Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Jakob,

Thanks for offering . I am doing final tests here on my production system. Hoping to finish this somewhere tomorrow. I will then PM you the link...

Thanks!

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Beta ready?

Hi,

I am looking for exactly the combination of bright/dim and on/off in one single device.
        I recently bought your plug in - when will this be ready for user beta testing?

/Mav

Comment

Mav,

I am waiting for the response of Jakob. If he survived the transition I will publish the beta.

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
            Mav,

I am waiting for the response of Jakob. If he survived the transition I will publish the beta.

Wim
            Makes sense :-)

/Mav

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Mav,

Wim
              Still no news from Jakob? - I hope he survived...:-)

/Mav

Comment

Jakob here. Been busy and with +50 hues - a bit afraid of trying this out.
                I promisse to test this with Alexa in the weekend :-)
                Best,

Comment

Jakob,

Did you receive my mail from yesterday? I will be posting a newer version for you which has the ability to do a selective conversion... so you can concentrate on a few lights only while the rest still works in the old fashioned way

Finalizing tests here... I am expecting to send you the new link tonight...

Thanks!

Wim
                  -- Wim

Comment

@Jakob,

The beat is now available on the link I send you earlier. With this version you can go to the device properties of a light or group. On the JowiHue tab you can press the button for converting the set of devices. This way you perform a selective conversion an can test on this device.
                    In the configuration page you can still choose to convert all devices at once.

Thanks,

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

I would definitely be willing to test this. It's a good time. Had to recreate my entire HS setup and rather than convert existing I would prefer to just add the new devices to my setup. If not, I can wait lol.

Comment

Richard,

I understand that I have send you a pm on this. I will publish the beta this week certainly.

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

OK.
                          I have upgraded all my hues.
                          I can now tell alexa to dim my radiator device to 10 and it will dim my hue lights to 10

is that what we wanted to test?
                          Best,

Comment

Jakob,

Sounds good so far then, it is simple in the interface after it is done.. under the hood it was quite a change

But what happens if you dim to 200? Does this work as expected too?

I will release the beta to the beta section to HST today then... Hope the original requestors jump in too

Thanks Jakob and Richard!

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Yes. I can also ask Alexa to set the lights to 200 and it DIMs as asked.
                              Best,

Comment

Working...
                              X