Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I repeat TTS announcements on demand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I repeat TTS announcements on demand ?

I sometimes just about hear a HS3 TTS announcement, but did not hear it properly. It would be great if there was a way to play it again. Any ideas ?

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I sometimes just about hear a HS3 TTS announcement, but did not hear it properly. It would be great if there was a way to play it again. Any ideas ?

Write a simple PI that subscribes to the speaker proxy so it will get informed about any TTS. The PI can store the info in a device and you can use events to replay (or add it all in the PI).

Dirk

Comment

I find that if I play a tone sequence before the TTS, it is much more likely that I will hear and comprehend the announcement.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...71&postcount=5
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        Write a simple PI that subscribes to the speaker proxy so it will get informed about any TTS. The PI can store the info in a device and you can use events to replay (or add it all in the PI).

Dirk

Ok that sounds like a good idea. Problem is I have never written a PI.. Could you elaborate a little more please ?

The problem with the tone is, if I am in another room I will still miss it, and I do not have speakers in all rooms or want to broadcast everything everywhere. So I think for me (and maybe others) storing the message is a brilliant idea. You can then also see it in a device or replay it easily...

Comment

Amy good? https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...1&postcount=36
          Jon

Comment

That looks great. I hope I have time over the weekend to install and have a play.

Comment

The speak utility does not work for me. I am pretty sure I know why. I am using Sonos and Tasker as speaker clients. So there might be a way to configure this.
              Here are a couple of examples events I use:

Attached Files

Comment

For Sonos, you should be able to add the virtual speaker client manually.

In Jon00SpeakHS3.ini under [settings] add:

SPClientList=$SONOS$ANNOUNCE$:*

I can't really help with the Tasker plugin as it does not emulate a speaker client. What do you see in the HS Log when you send speech to the plugin?
                Jon

Comment

It has created the speaker devices, and the event triggering the /vben script runs every 5 seconds. But speach sent to Sonos does not show anywhere

This is a log from Text to speech via tasker:

Jul-20 19:43:41 Tasker Plugin API = SFNFTkMyZWVCcEVXZVlqUjgxSW1qcjNOeTBjai9NZE8wdEdLQWNlZitidjh6 dHg3cnNBRmRHNUZRdHd0N3lUdjZZSGw2TWc3OU5ueTgxd2JQUENaOGNoZTNh OWdmREw1Wi9YZExnN1FCd3lsbEE3YkhKSFdvV0RJc2FndXZzZG5xK0pETnJt SkhxZm4xZ3J6SUdOOUlabWhRQ3V6bVBTUVZBbG94R2dKU2ZhZnZucUQ5eDBQ dVZPazByNHV1SlhNK0NlYWJSOFNMUGlwenlzRHF6dFZoZEJnS0tHbHNxNmJG bittcHRrREJTMTV6RnNad0VjRlowUm02VEJUWHp1Q3hnOC95aQ==
                  Jul-20 19:43:41 Tasker Plugin Plug-In Extra Data Object Retrieved = SFNFTkMyZWVCcEVXZVlqUjgxSW1qcjNOeTBjai9NZE8wdEdLQWNlZitidjh6 dHg3cnNBRmRHNUZRdHd0N3lUdjZZSGw2TWc3OU5ueTgxd2JQUENaOGNoZTNh OWdmREw1Wi9YZExnN1FCd3lsbEE3YkhKSFdvV0RJc2FndXZzZG5xK0pETnJt SkhxZm4xZ3J6SUdOOUlabWhRQ3V6bVBTUVZBbG94R2dKU2ZhZnZucUQ5eDBQ dVZPazByNHV1SlhNK0NlYWJSOFNMUGlwenlzRHF6dFZoZEJnS0tHbHNxNmJG bittcHRrREJTMTV6RnNad0VjRlowUm02VEJUWHp1Q3hnOC95aQ==
                  Jul-20 19:43:40 Tasker Plugin API = SFNFTkMyay9aM2djUlFYa2JmNUJNdVNWNUsxT0FYb0YvU2JpUTY3bEhWWUhq UEE2L1lJVlpsd3cvWWpuQ2t3OWl4enlRUUFIMHZXdXdZZFNnY2o0c3pCa3ZB NXdsSEswbjAxRjEvR3VsTWxzUmJxU001M0NSNEJUbTRmVzF0TDh2ODNhRm9L KzBCWFpJUm50K0VIY1JLY3ZVZUZmcmpEdVVWYzNWem5GQTFEdzVVVTU4Q0wx YUJqeEdoZU9RUy84dldLMFlUR0FnQjdGb3g1c2VwVEhQMXlsenBwSm55TUYv bGRFeFNvODRwdmlzL3dkZ2Y2cTM4ZysxNXIrM0JaVGRJdit3Uw==
                  Jul-20 19:43:40 Tasker Plugin Plug-In Extra Data Object Retrieved = SFNFTkMyay9aM2djUlFYa2JmNUJNdVNWNUsxT0FYb0YvU2JpUTY3bEhWWUhq UEE2L1lJVlpsd3cvWWpuQ2t3OWl4enlRUUFIMHZXdXdZZFNnY2o0c3pCa3ZB NXdsSEswbjAxRjEvR3VsTWxzUmJxU001M0NSNEJUbTRmVzF0TDh2ODNhRm9L KzBCWFpJUm50K0VIY1JLY3ZVZUZmcmpEdVVWYzNWem5GQTFEdzVVVTU4Q0wx YUJqeEdoZU9RUy84dldLMFlUR0FnQjdGb3g1c2VwVEhQMXlsenBwSm55TUYv bGRFeFNvODRwdmlzL3dkZ2Y2cTM4ZysxNXIrM0JaVGRJdit3Uw==
                  Jul-20 19:43:40 Event Event Trigger "Notifications TTS AC close bedroom door"

And this is my .ini

[Settings]
                  UseVirtualDevices=1
                  CheckClientUse = 1
                  VDMode = 0
                  =
                  SPClientList=$SONOS$ANNOUNCE$:*,$SONOS$KitchenTTS$:*
                  [default:all]
                  IniListSize=10
                  ScriptName=
                  Speak1=-
                  DateTime1=-
                  Speak2=-
                  DateTime2=-
                  Speak3=-
                  DateTime3=-
                  Speak4=-
                  DateTime4=-
                  Speak5=-
                  DateTime5=-
                  Speak6=-
                  DateTime6=-
                  Speak7=-
                  DateTime7=-
                  Speak8=-
                  DateTime8=-
                  Speak9=-
                  DateTime9=-
                  Speak10=-
                  DateTime10=-
                  VDShowNumber=0
                  VDShowDate=1
                  VDListSize=5
                  HSAddress=Jon00-SP01
                  =
                  [hs3:mike s6]
                  IniListSize=10
                  ScriptName=
                  Speak1=-
                  DateTime1=-
                  Speak2=-
                  DateTime2=-
                  Speak3=-
                  DateTime3=-
                  Speak4=-
                  DateTime4=-
                  Speak5=-
                  DateTime5=-
                  Speak6=-
                  DateTime6=-
                  Speak7=-
                  DateTime7=-
                  Speak8=-
                  DateTime8=-
                  Speak9=-
                  DateTime9=-
                  Speak10=-
                  DateTime10=-
                  VDShowNumber=0
                  VDShowDate=1
                  VDListSize=5
                  HSAddress=Jon00-SP02
                  =
                  [Data]
                  Version=1.0.3
                  Last=20/07/2018 18:00:52~!~Z-Wave~!~Device: <font color='#000080'>Energy Bedroom Watts Bed Mike</font> Set to <font color='#008000'>0.657 (0.657 Watts)</font>

Attached Files

Comment

I cannot help with Tasker but Sonos should work.

Is the Sonos TTS shown in the log?
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      I cannot help with Tasker but Sonos should work.

Is the Sonos TTS shown in the log?
                      I think there might be a problem with TTS logging in HomeSeer. Mine is simply missing the logging on 99% of the TTS. It doesn't matter whether I speak directly to the Sonos proxy, a specific client or all clients, a log entry is not created. It has created a total of 7 log entries this month, but we have between 20-30 announcements each day. I do not run the speaker client, nor do I normally have any clients other than Sonos. I powered up an Android for testing today. The TTS came from the Android, but it was not logged. I even tried with the Sonos proxy disabled and with the plug-in disabled. I do not have any other proxies.

in settings.ini gLogSpeech=True
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I get log entries only for clients other than Sonos. Test event with action "Speak something" to clients $SONOS$ALL$, HOMETROLLER:IPHONE & BIGBANGEFAULT. Always get log entries for latter two only. Interesting about the Iphone one, the client is not running but must have been when I set up the event. Similar event targeting only $SONOS$LVR$ yields no log entries at all. HS3 version .435. Sonos 3.1.0.22

Comment

I only use speaker clients so it works fine here. Obviously the TTS entries in the log do not come from the Speak Proxy output so it would be for plugin authors with speech to add log entries I suppose. Jon00 Speak was written for HS2 and upgraded to work in HS3. At the time HS3 only had speaker clients for TTS.
                          Jon

Comment

I have asked in the Sonos forum if log entries could be added to the Sonos PI. I'll be back here when I hear back.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                              I have asked in the Sonos forum if log entries could be added to the Sonos PI. I'll be back here when I hear back.

mike I get log entries for my sonos, however, on my system I get multiple entries for the same announcement

Comment

Working...
                              X