X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer Mobile Beta B0.1.2

Overview
    HomeSeer Mobile is a new FREE mobile app that's designed to work with HomeSeer HS3-based systems including the following:
    • HS3, HS3PRO & HS3-Pi Software
    • HomeTroller Zee S2
    • HomeTroller-SEL (standard & PRO versions)
    • HomeTroller S6 (standard & PRO versions)

This first beta release is for Android mobile devices. An IOS version will be available shortly. As with any beta release, bugs and other issues may be encountered and these may impact the stability of your HomeSeer system. If this is not acceptable, you should wait for the final release version.

The App supports Android version 5 and later (Lollipop).

Features
    • Customizable dashboard. Add any device, resize, control items to show. Multiple dashboards are supported
    • Device list. Shows all devices, supports sorting and controlling any device and adding devices to the dashboard.
    • Event list. Show all events, run an event, add to the dashboard.
    • Camera list. Shows the latest snapshot from all cameras. Click on a camera to display larger real time view and pan/tilt controls. The camera list is auto updated every 10 seconds.
    • Supports log in from MyHS and local IP.

Getting Started
    To get started, you must have HS3 version 3.0.0.458 or later. You can grab that from here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241

You will need to install from the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mobile.android

We have a knowledge base with some documentation here:

https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/catego...omeseer-mobile

You can also get to this knowledge base from the help menu in the app.

Reporting Bugs / Issues
    If you run into any crashes, you will be prompted with a dialog to submit crash info, please submit this! It will contain valuable information.

If you find a non-crash bug or there is an enhancement you would like to request, from within HomeSeer Mobile select the menu icon (upper left corner) then the "Send Feedback" item. This will start an email. Fill it in and submit. You can include screen shots as attachments. This will create a ticket in our bug tracking system.

You can also post any issue to this forum so others can review, but an issue will not get addressed unless it is in our bug tracker.

Fixes in this update:
    • Fixed device list not populating
    • Adding an event widget to the dashboard my insert the widget under other widgets.
    • When reducing a widget on the dashboard to just an icon, the text "Information Line" will display.
    • If you add a primary device to a dashboard widget and then click on the device to get info, you will see info for the root device, not the child device as expected.
    • Camera views on the dashboard are not updating.
    • Bug Fixes.

Known Open Issues, please do not report these!
    • On the device list, if you search with the search box and then leave the screen, the keyboard will pop back up every time you go to that screen. Simply click <- at the top of the screen to clear the search.
    • Landscape view is not yet supported
    • When connecting directly (not through MyHS) you cannot used a domain name. Also, you cannot connect remotely as it does not yet log you in.

We are looking for feedback on how well the app displays plugin devices. Thanks in advance to everyone who participates in this beta. Please be sure to submit your bugs, issues or suggestions using the email function in the app or by posting to this thread.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

So there is no APK for this? I guess it's another nail in the coffin of the Homeseer Tabletop Controller.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Perhaps you could list what has changed since the last version? Or am I missing it somewhere?

Ooops..I'm blind...I see it now!

Comment

it will not run on that device anyway, Android version is too old. use it with HSTouch.

Originally posted by dtsouers View Post
        So there is no APK for this? I guess it's another nail in the coffin of the Homeseer Tabletop Controller.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Still no feed from my cameras despite them showing in HSTouch.

Comment

Still no Devices.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

NO WAIT, IT WORKS!!! I had to log out and log back in, then it the device list was populated.

Oh, the Room filter is restricted by the floor filter! The one thing missing from the Device List (web page) view. I'm in love!

Now, to do some serious testing.

EDIT:
              First thing: Refreshing is really slow...
              Second thing: Device names are using the "speech name", not the HomeSeer name. I would love an option to toggle that.
              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

My Axis cams are still not working.

They all work fine in HSTouch

Comment

I tried logging out and back in again but cameras still not working

Comment

I am having trouble displaying all devices in the app. I am missing several, most of which are part of the UltraM1G plug in. Specifically Arm/Disarm and outputs. I have checked and they are not hidden from mobile view in the settings area. Any suggestions?

Comment

If you are not seeing some of your cameras, update to HS3 build 459 or later, a fix was put in for this.

Comment

Can you send an email to homeseerbugs@gmail.com and attach your homeseerdata.hsd file and mention which device is not displaying. We can then recreate here.

Originally posted by rxatwell View Post
                        I am having trouble displaying all devices in the app. I am missing several, most of which are part of the UltraM1G plug in. Specifically Arm/Disarm and outputs. I have checked and they are not hidden from mobile view in the settings area. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          If you are not seeing some of your cameras, update to HS3 build 459 or later, a fix was put in for this.

That did the trick - thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                            NO WAIT, IT WORKS!!! I had to log out and log back in, then it the device list was populated.

Oh, the Room filter is restricted by the floor filter! The one thing missing from the Device List (web page) view. I'm in love!

Now, to do some serious testing.

EDIT:
                            First thing: Refreshing is really slow...
                            Second thing: Device names are using the "speech name", not the HomeSeer name. I would love an option to toggle that.
                            Are you on the same LAN as your controller? Can you tell me what the load times are like when you are connecting remotely vs locally while using the app? You can verify your connection status by checking the top of the navigation menu; it will say "local" or "remote"

Thanks

Comment

Hi, I am missing some devices... they're not hidden from mobile or the regular view. The ones that I am missing are the only children of a parent.

For example, I have an "All Kitchen Lights" Group with several virtual device children (cans, pendants, etc.). However, my dining room only has one light but still follows the same scheme. "All Dining Room Lights" and "Chandelier". This is the type that is missing in HS Mobile. Here's an image of the virtual devices in HS. I'm missing the circled groups.

Click image for larger version

Name:	virtual groups.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1198393

-Jon
                              Current Date/Time: 7/20/2018 10:24:18 PM
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.458
                              Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 20 Hours 43 Minutes 7 Seconds
                              IP Address: 192.168.1.30
                              Number of Devices: 176
                              Number of Events: 91
                              Available Threads: 390
                              HSTouch Enabled: True
                              Event Threads: 0
                              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                              Device Exec Queue: 0
                              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                              Email Send Queue: 0
                              Anti Virus Installed: