Detect any home by button press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detect any home by button press

I have a lot of Z-wave switches. When I leave home, I set a virtual device Occupancy to Away.

When a switch is manual pressed I want Occupancy to Home.

When Occupancy is Away, I want randomized events to run turning different lights on and off (after sunset).

However I do not want to change Occupancy to Home when the light was turned on automatically, only when switches is manualy pressed. How can I handle that?

wow, this seems like a pretty good idea. Unfortunately I cannot help you, but I am subscribing so I can test it out as well if there is a solution

Comment

This depends on what modules you are using.
      For example quibino you would look at the status rather than the binary signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have HomeSeer HS-Wx100+ switches this would be easy, because they have a light device like other switches, and a Central Scene device that tracks physical switch operation.

Comment

As John said, the HomeSeer switches would solve this.

In the absense of those switches, you could use a virtual device. The virtual device would be controlled by any event that controls the switch. If the switch is controlled locally the virtual device would not be controlled. This gives you the means to use event logic to determine if the switch was controlled locally versus being controlled by the system. You would inhibit the Occupancy Home being triggered when the light is controlled by automation.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Jkanters View Post
            I have a lot of Z-wave switches. When I leave home, I set a virtual device Occupancy to Away.
            How do you tell HS to set the virtual device to Away?
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Either with an event or a button on you phone.
              I do mine by if no motion for x minutes anywhere in the house I run an event.
              If status = Home & no motion
              Set Status to Away.

Then on return

If Status = Away and motion then
              Set status to Home.

On these i change the heating setpoint and turn light on or off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X