How to send an email once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to send an email once

I would like to test if I have left the house with a window open.

I have a virtual device occupancy who tells if I am Home or away

Another virtual device tells if any window is open.

So When I leave my house and sets Occupancy to Away, Homeseer waits 1 min and check whether Any Window Open is On, and send an email.

It sends a lot of emails ;-).

How to only send one email despite Im still away and the window still open

You could create another virtual device named emailSent and set its status to sent once the email is sent. Edit the event to check the status along with the current checks.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thought about it, but that will give a problem if another event happens that demands an email. I could evidently make an virtual event for each type of email, but it should be ready again next time it is triggered

Comment

You can use the "Cannot Re-Run for" protection for the email event to limit how often you will be notified.

Also post a screenshot of the event(s) you are using and we might have an idea to make it only happen once based on e devices you are using.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Many many years ago with HS1/HS2 I would trigger unique emails for a variety of events. It got old fast. IE: I would trigger an email when the irrigation went on or off or if it stopped due to rain. After a bit I didn't pay attention to the emails. That and I was tethered to watching Homeseer. Today I trust it to be working and do not watch or care much for all of the stuff it does as I know that it is working fine.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks. It works. It was a little bit complicated. I need to set the email home away open window device to off when I leave house, and again when I come back if an email has been send. But nevertheless it works.

This Forum is simply gold (or diamonds?)

Comment

Originally posted by Jkanters View Post
              Thanks. It works. It was a little bit complicated. I need to set the email home away open window device to off when I leave house, and again when I come back if an email has been send. But nevertheless it works.
              If you have a device that indicates whether you are home or away, you can add that as a condition on your event, then you won't have to manually change the email flag.

(Even if you don't have an automatic way to set a home/away device - YET - you will find it to be quite useful to have such a device, and I'm sure you will want to find a way to set it automatically.)
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Tx, I did it that way. It works perfectly now due to the help from this forum

Comment

Working...
                X