Time, Location, Sunrise, Sunset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time, Location, Sunrise, Sunset

Hi, so I'm noticing some strange stuff having just dusted off HS3 and started using it again (I've been distracted for a few years). I've setup on windows 10 ent with creators update. Few problems:

1) I can't see where to set my timezone for daylight savings purposes
    2) I have crazy-wrong sunrise and sunset times like rise 1:22am set 3:45pm - almost as if I'm in the wrong time zone, hence the first question.

Originally posted by Dgwharrison View Post
    Hi, so I'm noticing some strange stuff having just dusted off HS3 and started using it again (I've been distracted for a few years). I've setup on windows 10 ent with creators update. Few problems:

2) I have crazy-wrong sunrise and sunset times like rise 1:22am set 3:45pm - almost as if I'm in the wrong time zone, hence the first question.
    On the "General" tab of the "Setup" page, under "Location (Sunrise/Sunset) Settings" you will find a drop-down for locations. Or, if you wish to be more precise with your sunrise/sunset times, fill in the actual Latitude and Longitude coordinates for your actual location.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Dgwharrison View Post

The sunrise and sunset are handled by setting your location under the General tab of setup. You can use the drop down and pick among the 8 cities in Australia or you can manually enter the coordinates. Note that the “-“ sign in front of the longitude is inverted. You will need it in Australia, but we don’t in the USA. The latitude is entered normally.

Daylight savings and the real time is handled within your computer.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Note that the “-“ sign in front of the longitude is inverted. You will need it in Australia, but we don’t in the USA. The latitude is entered normally.
        Ah! I noticed that when I used a GPS to get current coordinates or use Google Maps it always shows longitude with a negative number, but if I enter a negative number into HS3 it seems to place me on another planet regards to sunrise and sunset times. If I remove the '-' from longitude then it is correct.

Is this bug in HS3 or is it as intended?

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
          Ah! I noticed that when I used a GPS to get current coordinates or use Google Maps it always shows longitude with a negative number, but if I enter a negative number into HS3 it seems to place me on another planet regards to sunrise and sunset times. If I remove the '-' from longitude then it is correct.

Is this bug in HS3 or is it as intended?
          It is not a bug it is a feature

It is a known feature in HS3, that is why I pointed it out.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

- indicates east longitude. move to europe or asia and it's key

Comment

Originally posted by randycboone View Post
              On the "General" tab of the "Setup" page, under "Location (Sunrise/Sunset) Settings" you will find a drop-down for locations. Or, if you wish to be more precise with your sunrise/sunset times, fill in the actual Latitude and Longitude coordinates for your actual location.

Randy
              Hi Randy, yeah I did that right of the bat, I went with lat an long as my city is pretty far from the any in the list. That's partly why I was confused. Also that time is affected by daylight savings time which I couldn't find.

Comment

Yep, noted, did that.

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
                  Ah, that explains it. To me as Australian east, being in the right direction of neutral should be positive, west being left of neutral should be negative.

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
                    Just to be clear, that is how HS treats it. The rest of the world has a different convention.
                    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa578799.aspx

• Decimal degrees and Plus/minus longitude is preceded by a minus sign if it is west of the prime meridian (a positive number implies east)
                    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Yeah I know, I was trying to be politically correct with you Americans

See you guys do everything different. Your dates are formatted MM/DD instead of DD/MM you use imperial measurements, you even think you speak English but if you look at your own copy of the 'Oxford' dictionary it says 'Oxford dictionary of the American Language'. etc etc

Comment

We do drive on the right side of the road, though.
                        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Do i still need to input longitude with - in norhtern europe?
                          Latitude and longitude in google are both positive, but im not sure if i need to input longitude with negative - ?

Comment

Originally posted by frankis78 View Post
                            Do i still need to input longitude with - in norhtern europe?
                            Latitude and longitude in google are both positive, but im not sure if i need to input longitude with negative - ?
                            Use the Location drop-down to find a Country/City near you, then you'll see the +/- format HomeSeer expects to see if you choose to directly enter your own Lat/Long.

Comment

Originally posted by NutsyHome View Post
                              Use the Location drop-down to find a Country/City near you, then you'll see the +/- format HomeSeer expects to see if you choose to directly enter your own Lat/Long.
                              Thanks, actually i updated to 3.0.0.435 today, and it seems i dont need to put minus anymore.
                              At least the sunset and sunrise matches google, so it might be fixed?

Comment

Working...
                              X