Devices becoming unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices becoming unresponsive

I am having an issue with devices becoming unresponsive with my S6 pro. I am unable to control almost all devices with the app or remote. Certain devices have changed to unknown status and will not return status unless removed and re installed in the Z-wave network. After doing so they will eventually revert back to uncontrollable. I am some what of a beginner where should I start looking for problems.
    Attached Files

Similar Issue

I am having a similar issue with my Hometroller Zee S2. I am trying to add some Homeseer switches to a new S2 box and it won't pull in the Command Class information for the Central Scene and then the device status keeps becoming Unknown. Second S2 i have used in the last two days with this issue. Talked to homeseer support and we couldn't get it figured out. Any insight would be appreciated.

Comment

I had the exact same situation with half of my zwave devices yesterday. I did a full optimize on one of the devices. The devices still showed unknown status. I then clicked on for each device and they responded and showed on. That seemed to solve it for me.
      Hope it works for you

Comment

Originally posted by jquincy View Post
        I had the exact same situation with half of my zwave devices yesterday. I did a full optimize on one of the devices. The devices still showed unknown status. I then clicked on for each device and they responded and showed on. That seemed to solve it for me.
        Hope it works for you
        I tried doing the full optimize and it does not seem to fix my issue. I am even having an issue where the device that do not show unknown will still not let me control them. Any Ideas on how to fix??

Comment

Try the beta version? I have 200 Z-Wave devices and am running great on the latest beta of HS and Z-Wave - but, please make a backup in case my suggestion requires an abort...

Also note that Z-Wave is great if the overall range and the device communications co-operate. I have 3 Z-Net's now and it is rock solid due to coverage (I used to have 1). Also, if you have Z-Wave+ (almost all devices for the last few years) helps. I have a mix where I have a lot of old Levaton Z-Wave and newer z+ devices and am VERY happy.

Comment

Originally posted by rileydogmi View Post
            Try the beta version? I have 200 Z-Wave devices and am running great on the latest beta of HS and Z-Wave - but, please make a backup in case my suggestion requires an abort...

Also note that Z-Wave is great if the overall range and the device communications co-operate. I have 3 Z-Net's now and it is rock solid due to coverage (I used to have 1). Also, if you have Z-Wave+ (almost all devices for the last few years) helps. I have a mix where I have a lot of old Levaton Z-Wave and newer z+ devices and am VERY happy.
            sorry to sound ignorant but how to i go about trying the beta version? I do have about 20 z-wave devices (most are Z=Wave plus) that have been working perfect for about a year now and all of the sudden this started happening a few weeks ago. I also get this message multiple times in my log when i try to control a device

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1195535

Comment

This may not relate at all but I get unexpected behavior from my zwave devices when I lose power. I lose instant status updates which means events and scripts that should fire when a switch is manually controlled don't work.

I think it has to do with the time frame it takes for my Hometroller S6 Pro to boot vs my z-net ver 1

If I reboot the z-net after HS is up and running the network is back up and running smoothly again.

long story short, when in doubt reboot something....
              HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
              Number of Devices: 1005
              Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

When you go to manage plugins, there is a beta section at the bottom. Also, track the HS beta thread in the HS PRO forum - they are up to .420. But, please, backup before you do anything! There is no way to go back easily without a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.texasfleet@yahoo.com View Post
                  ...how to i go about trying the beta version? ...
                  [ATTACH]66975[/ATTACH]
                  Plugins; manage, additional interfaces;

bottom of list you'll find the beta section
                  Attached Files
                  HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
                  Number of Devices: 1005
                  Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by BellatorJ View Post
                    I am having a similar issue with my Hometroller Zee S2. I am trying to add some Homeseer switches to a new S2 box and it won't pull in the Command Class information for the Central Scene and then the device status keeps becoming Unknown. Second S2 i have used in the last two days with this issue. Talked to homeseer support and we couldn't get it figured out. Any insight would be appreciated.
                    Well I think I have solved my issue. I was doing some reading and it seems that setting up devices to poll that are not normal listening nodes will cause the problem that I had. i went through device by device to figure out if the were normal listening nodes or not. Once I changes them to not pol the device everything started to clear up. hope this thread was helpful.

Comment

Working...
                    X