This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    when does the following occur? when you add a device, or when?

can you post a screen shot of the issue
    Sure, In the HS settigns I have "Location 1" set to "Device Classification" and Location 2" set to "Room". I have attached 3 screenshots.

1) HS custom tab settings for location names
    2) The settings for a device
    3) The device management screen with that same device.
    Attached Files

Comment

Frank,
      i think you are the only user not using Location 1 for Room. Most do, and then use Location 2 for floor, device classification, circuit, etc.

the plugin does allow you to enable Location 2 when displaying device names in lists, etc.

i can change the "device location" label within the plugin to use the hs custom value, but swapping location 1 and location 2 might be a lot of work.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Frank,
        i think you are the only user not using Location 1 for Room. Most do, and then use Location 2 for floor, device classification, circuit, etc.

the plugin does allow you to enable Location 2 when displaying device names in lists, etc.

i can change the "device location" label within the plugin to use the hs custom value, but swapping location 1 and location 2 might be a lot of work.
        In that case case there be an option to not update the device location with that value?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          In that case case there be an option to not update the device location with that value?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
          I may actually just go through my system and update all of them to be room as location 1. i'm not sure why I did it the way I did except that I think in the default HS touch it does it by location 2 then location 1, which is what I wanted (room, then device type)

Comment

I may actually just go through my system and update all of them to be room as location 1. i'm not sure why I did it the way I did except that I think in the default HS touch it does it by location 2 then location 1, which is what I wanted (room, then device type)
            hs touch use location 2 then location 1 which annoys me to no end. we should put in a request to HST to have hstouch follow their hs option "Display Location 1 First"

i think this hstouch issue can be fixed, if you modify the hstouch project but i've never tried.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Comment

should be easy enough. i will add this to the list
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

I see that when I change the name of a device in yoru plugin, it updates the name of the device in HS with the name format "[Device Name] - [Channel Name]" unless I change the Channel name, then it removes the "[Device Name] - " part. Can this be made to always prepend it? It appears to only prepend it if the Channel name i the default.

Comment

Mark,

I see that when I change the name of a device in yoru plugin, it updates the name of the device in HS with the name format "[Device Name] - [Channel Name]" unless I change the Channel name, then it removes the "[Device Name] - " part. Can this be made to always prepend it? It appears to only prepend it if the Channel name i the default.
                    can you give me an example or two of what you are looking for. the general idea is the plugin creates default device names but lets you completely override them.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I would like to request an option in Insteon config that will allow the plugin to send an update value to HS so that HS can decide whether or not to update the Last Change date, and also so I can make use of event triggers such as 'Set' even when the value does not change. I know there are workarounds for these things but this seems to be the way the rest of the devices in HS operate so it'd be nice if Insteon devices operated the same way. Aside from that, with some devices such as temperature or light sensors, it is nice to know the value is not stale and communication is working, and updating the Last Change date whenever it reports would help accomplish that.

I realize making this change could cause people events to change, so that is why I suggest it be an option.

Side note: HomeSeer should change the name of that column to "Last Update" since that's covers the scenario when the value doesn't change.

Thanks!
                      Last edited by mrceolla; August 29, 2018, 11:35 PM.
                      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Mark,
                        I like the new tab on the device page to jump to the plugin settings for that device. It makes it a lot faster to get to the settings from the device page. But jumping back from the insteon settings pages back to the device page isn't there. I can't help but wonder if you couldn't just create two tabs (one for each of the two links, Device Settings, and Links) on the device pages and contain the content of the other page into the tab itself. That would preserve the tab at the top of the page so you can quickly jump back and forth between the Insteon specific and non-insteon tabs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          Mark,
                          I like the new tab on the device page to jump to the plugin settings for that device. It makes it a lot faster to get to the settings from the device page. But jumping back from the insteon settings pages back to the device page isn't there. I can't help but wonder if you couldn't just create two tabs (one for each of the two links, Device Settings, and Links) on the device pages and contain the content of the other page into the tab itself. That would preserve the tab at the top of the page so you can quickly jump back and forth between the Insteon specific and non-insteon tabs.
                          Jon
                          i can only create One tab (my Insteon tab) on the hs device page. I could link back to the hs edit tabs using something like "deviceutility?ref=123&edit=1", but i don't think i can go to a specific hs tab. what do you think?
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Jon
                            i can only create One tab (my Insteon tab) on the hs device page. I could link back to the hs edit tabs using something like "deviceutility?ref=123&edit=1", but i don't think i can go to a specific hs tab. what do you think?
                            How about embedding the content of the Device Settings page into your Insteon tab. Those are the settings you're more likely to interact with anyhow. Also, this page already contains a section that displays the link table gives you a button to edit the links. I don't know how many people actually edit links manually, but I'd suspect it's a smaller subset than those who edit the device settings. I don't think you need to treat the two pages as if they're at the same level.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

How about embedding the content of the Device Settings page into your Insteon tab. Those are the settings you're more likely to interact with anyhow. Also, this page already contains a section that displays the link table gives you a button to edit the links. I don't know how many people actually edit links manually, but I'd suspect it's a smaller subset than those who edit the device settings. I don't think you need to treat the two pages as if they're at the same level.
                              Jon, i don't want to invest a lot of time in the HS3 interface at this point
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Of course I don’t know anything about your plugin code, but it seems like you can take what you already have as the plugin’s device settings page and make that what appears in the Insteon tab of the device page. I guess that assumes that the tab is a container or frame that can simply display/contain the page you’re already creating. Is that actually more complex than I’m making it sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X