Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Thermostats Does Everyone Use with HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I was looking at those but it was the XR524. Anyone have one of those?

Comment

I was told the 5 series did not have Humidity. I thought it was the XL524. I’m not sure about the XR. I did a quick search, and it only does one stage cooling two heat. The 624 is 2x2 with variable blower.

Comment

Yeah it was the XR524. I also looked at them. Confirming the XL624 has humidity as well is suppose to support an external sensor (optional). I don't have the external sensor.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Here have always used Leviton HAI Omnistats. First generation in the early 2000's to current generation.

Created two different thermostat screens. Not sure which one I like the best.

[ATTACH]70020[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]70021[/ATTACH]
          Last edited by Pete; July 16, 2018, 07:04 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I've been following this thread because I am also in the market for a new thermostat. IF money wasn't an object (as in, there is a plugin that works with HS), what would be the thermostat to get? I only ask because there is still no clear cut answer.
            Sorry cowinger, I do not mean to hijack this thread. If you want I can take this to another thread. Let me know.

edit. I do not use google home or alexa, so i have no interest in those features.

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post
              I've been following this thread because I am also in the market for a new thermostat. IF money wasn't an object (as in, there is a plugin that works with HS), what would be the thermostat to get? I only ask because there is still no clear cut answer.
              Sorry cowinger, I do not mean to hijack this thread. If you want I can take this to another thread. Let me know.

edit. I do not use google home or alexa, so i have no interest in those features.
              No, the more the better. I looked at the gocontrol TBZ-48 that Randy mentioned and it looks pretty good. Also works with BLStat I am told. So that and the XR524 look to be in my price range. I guess it depends on your requirements as to which one to choose. Maybe someone can give us more info on BLStat as to what thermostats it can control.

Comment

My choice was z-wave or something inharent to HS. I didn't want to depend on any 3rd party web service.

I can use Alexa to set the temp if I want. But also with HSTouch, web page or Imperihome

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I use 3 tz16 zwave thermostats and a custom script to control them, nothing special..
                  HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
                  BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
                  DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

I have four CT-100 thermostats and I definitely don't recommend them.

My best advise is to call or email Homeseer and verify whether [X] thermostat is fully supported and fully functional with HS3, before you purchase.
                    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                    Home Assistant 2024.3
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.18,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.177,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.50.128.5,JowiHue 4.1.3.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.25.1,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3

Comment

The XR524 is fully supported by HST. When I was in the market some two years ago, the XL624 was not. Don't know if that has changed or not. HST just mentioned that they didn't have one to test with at the time but do support the XR524.

Robert

Comment

My 624s seem to be fully supported. The installers broke the y2 on one of the two i bught from amazon, so I bought another from them locally in a pinch. The locally supplied one has an old firmware which I seem to be having issues with. I can't update without a nexia controller. They gave me another one to see if it works better, but I haven't installed it yet, and chances are it's the old firmware.

Comment

Thanks everyone. A lot of great information. I am going to contact HS and ask them which ones they fully support. Since other people are using the gocontrol and the trane they obviously support those.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                            My 624s seem to be fully supported. The installers broke the y2 on one of the two i bught from amazon, so I bought another from them locally in a pinch. The locally supplied one has an old firmware which I seem to be having issues with. I can't update without a nexia controller. They gave me another one to see if it works better, but I haven't installed it yet, and chances are it's the old firmware.
                            I must have the older firmware. While the stat works perfect in all respects, it sets the "Operating State" to unknown when it is heating. This is why I contacted HST and made my former comment about the XR524. I thought the stat was defective and so the seller on Amazon sent me another which acts the same - now I have two of them... In any case, it's really not any problem other than when I look at the status page. I trigger an event to run a booster fan in the winter to a far end room in our house without issue. In the summer, it reports "Cooling" just fine. I too would like to update the stat, but like you don't have a Nexia controller.

Robert

Comment

The difference is the application version 2.31 vs 2.5. Mine's doing the same thing, showing unknown operation state. It also goes dormant and stops reporting to the controller and needs rebooted periodically.

Comment

Originally posted by keithj69 View Post

It's the clearest answer of them all.... "It Depends...."

Start with what HVAC system you have and work from there with what's compatible with the unit cross reference with HS support or plugins then you have a list to choose from based on features/benefits of the thermostat.

Comment

Working...
                                X