This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SqueezeBox plugin V1.6.0 beta 2 in Updater

Version 1.6.0 Beta 2 of the SqueezeBox plugin is available from the updater. It includes addtional features since beta 1 to play music by Genre, Artist or Albums, set the music rating and supports menus on Duet Controllers.Please refer to the documentation for further details. I did some testing but would like to get more feedback before making it available via the updater. This beta version requires at a minimum HS2 2.3.0.33 and SqueezeCenter 7.3.

To install:
    • Use the HS2 Updater to install it. You will need to uninstall any existing plug-in prior to installing it using the updater. This limitation will be resolved in the final version.
    • Restart HomeSeer
    • Do not forget to update the SqueezeCenter plugin!

Bug Fixes
    • Fixed connection error 10047 encountered by some users
    • Fixed "Shuffle off" and "Repeat off" action buttons in HS2 status page
    • Fixed update of all screensaver displays upon periodic data refresh

New features

Please refer to the updated documentation included in the installer for additional details and signatures of scripting APIs.

Below are three screen shots of event actions configured to play radio stations.
    Attached Files

Comment

I just relocated SqueezeCenter to another box, so I'll download and give it a whirl when I get some free time over the weekend. Thanks for the hard work.

Any chance you could set up a repository URL for the SC plugin so it could be downloaded through SC? That would be a little more convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by nolesrule View Post
        I just relocated SqueezeCenter to another box, so I'll download and give it a whirl when I get some free time over the weekend. Thanks for the hard work.

Any chance you could set up a repository URL for the SC plugin so it could be downloaded through SC? That would be a little more convenient.
        I started to work on this and will actually try to use the HomeSeer server as the repository URL for the for the extension download to install the SC plugin instead of another web site. It might make it into the final release version....

Comment

Hi,
          i have problemes using th HS2 menu in the duet controller. The devices shows, but when i try to turn on or off a light i get an error message: Connection timed out, bad file descriptor.
          The HS log gets a lot of entries, see file.

I use Hs 2.3.0.39

Thanks

Markus
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
            Hi,
            i have problemes using th HS2 menu in the duet controller. The devices shows, but when i try to turn on or off a light i get an error message: Connection timed out, bad file descriptor.
            The HS log gets a lot of entries, see file.

I use Hs 2.3.0.39

Thanks

Markus
            Thanks and will look into it. This seems related to floating point numbers using . as the decimal separator instead of , like int the US. I tried to correct for such a problem related to the Volume in the beta but must have missed something.

For the second error, it is looking for the callerID log file (Callers.log). Are you using the HomeSeer phone/caller ID?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Hi,
              I do not use HS Phone or messages, but when I try to set the callerid to show 0 recent, it defaults to 4. But i can probably change it in the ini file.

Otherwise your plugin seems to be working perfect. I actually sold my 3 Arport Expresses and got 4 Squeezebox recievers and a contoller because of this plugin and Ipeng for Iphone.

Next is integrating with HS touch

Comment

Originally posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
                Hi,
                I do not use HS Phone or messages, but when I try to set the callerid to show 0 recent, it defaults to 4. But i can probably change it in the ini file.

Otherwise your plugin seems to be working perfect. I actually sold my 3 Arport Expresses and got 4 Squeezebox recievers and a contoller because of this plugin and Ipeng for Iphone.

Next is integrating with HS touch
                Nice feedback for the plugin and squeezebox! Thank you. HSTouhc integration is on my todo list... For the callerid issue you can create an empty file (0 bytes) and the error will go away.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have seen similar problems in the past due to firewall issues. I assume you configure the HS2 host/port for the plug-in and enabled the SqueezeBox plug-in in HomeSeer. Using you web browser of choice and from the computer where SqueezeCenter is running, can you access the HS2 web pages and especially the SqueezeBox plug-in web pages (status, about, etc pages)? If it fails, disable the Firewall or configure it to open the HomeSeer webserver port.

Comment

Yes ports are configured and plugin enabled. On the computer where SqueezeCenter is running can I see SqueezeBox plug-in in HomeSeer from webpages.
                      The other way from homeseer to squeeze players there are no problems. I can for example start and stop playing on my SqueezePlay beta and my duet player.
                      EDIT: My fault, was not observing default url port to my homeseer server. Ewerything is working now
                      Last edited by lunkan; March 19, 2009, 03:26 PM. Reason: Solution found

Comment

How to delete devices?

For a party last week I had a number of "guest" receivers on the network. The SqueezeBox plugin detected them automatically and created corresponding device entries. I would like to be able to remove these devices from the HS2 status screen. Do you have any suggestions how I could accomplish that?

thanks,
                        Barlow

Comment

Originally posted by Barlow View Post
                          For a party last week I had a number of "guest" receivers on the network. The SqueezeBox plugin detected them automatically and created corresponding device entries. I would like to be able to remove these devices from the HS2 status screen. Do you have any suggestions how I could accomplish that?

thanks,
                          Barlow
                          You can delete the devices from the status screen using the standard delete device options. The plugin will still track the device base device code for each player in its ini file (hspi_squeezebox.ini); but if you which to free/remote those, edit the ini file and remove the sections for the player you deleted (you can find them by either using the device base code (DeviceCodeBase in ini file) or the player id (typically the player MAC address and is in the [] in the ini file). Below is a section for a player in the ini file to remove:

Code:
                          [00:14:32:1e:2b:75]
                          enabled=True
                          DeviceCodeBase=15

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                            Thanks and will look into it. This seems related to floating point numbers using . as the decimal separator instead of , like int the US. I tried to correct for such a problem related to the Volume in the beta but must have missed something.

For the second error, it is looking for the callerID log file (Callers.log). Are you using the HomeSeer phone/caller ID?

Sorry for the inconvenience.
                            Hi Markus,

Could you try the attached plug-in, replacing the DLL that was included in 1.6.0 Beta 2? It includes changes to correct both changes: missing callers.log file and Duet volume with European locale (i.e. using , as digit separator instead of .). Thank you.

Philippe

Edit: I removed the attachment since I posted a more recent one.
                            Last edited by pcp; March 22, 2009, 05:48 PM. Reason: Removed attachment

Comment

Duet volume with European locale
                              Thank you "pcp"!
                              Now volume works both on duet and SqueezePlay beta.
                              Edit: It's not working, when I adjust the volume with my duet controller then I have two to five digits. Example 41875%, think that it should be 41,875%. This happens both with Squeezebox and Squeezeplay.
                              Last edited by lunkan; March 21, 2009, 01:54 PM. Reason: Not working

Comment

Working...
                              X