Linux License Issues and finding COM Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux License Issues and finding COM Port

I am pretty new to Linux and something that are easy to figure out in Windows escape me. I have HS3 Pro installed and running. It is running using my old AEON stick because I could figure out what port my Z-Troller was connected to via a USB to Serial Trendnet TU-69 adapter. Under Windows it showed up as COM3. How can I find out which device/serial port to which it is connected?

Also

I registered my system with my proper license number from Homeseer. That license shows up correctly on the Setup-General page. It does not show up on the Plugin page. Z-Wave shows a different License number. Is there something that I did wrong?

Thanks,
    George

Originally posted by mistrb View Post
    I am pretty new to Linux and something that are easy to figure out in Windows escape me. I have HS3 Pro installed and running. It is running using my old AEON stick because I could figure out what port my Z-Troller was connected to via a USB to Serial Trendnet TU-69 adapter. Under Windows it showed up as COM3. How can I find out which device/serial port to which it is connected?
    Forget this part of the message. I just realized that I am using the z-troller and not the USB Stick. I just assumed that I was because the port came up as USB.

Thanks,
    George

Comment

Hi George,

Re. your last question, I believe the license IDs are different for the base install and the z-wave plugin. MY system shows the same and is working fine.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
      X