Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

NOTE: Works on Windows ONLY

This unmanaged plugin uses the built-in charting capabilities on the .NET4 framework to create various charts for Homeseer 3 using device values and other data sources. These charts have a multitude of different settings and parameters; many of which have been exposed for configuration.

The package has the following features:

» Records all values to an independent SQLite database.
    » Built in scheduler with several fixed and user definable timers.
    » Databases can be automatically or manually updated.
    » Charts can be automatically or manually created and updated.
    » Chart data sources include device values, global variables and direct reading from ini files.
    » Flexible configuration allowing virtually unlimited chart styles & designs.
    » Dynamically create charts via a web page with selectable date/times styles etc.
    » 2D and 3D designs supported.
    » Easily integrated in to HSTouch.
    » Once configured, it is designed to be a set & forget application.
    » Uses charting built in to .NET 4 framework so no additional charting libraries are required.

As always, it can be downloaded from my site (Click on my banner below). Any issues please post here.

(No Banner seen?- check your Forum Settings - User Settings, Account, Tick 'Show Signature')
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; November 23, 2018, 12:50 PM.
    Jon

Is the text(circled in red)configurable?
    I always like to use dark backgrounds and would like the text to be in a brighter color.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Attached Files
    FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

No, but I've added it to V1.0.2 which is now available.
      Last edited by jon00; December 23, 2014, 11:49 AM.
      Jon

Comment

Excellent work Jon00!!! Very powerful and flexible. I love what I am seeing already!

One question, what's the workflow for re-doing/rebuilding charts/data. Say for example I decide to change what I want in DBTable1. If I edit JonooDBCharting.ini, what happens to the existing SQLdb?

Again thank you for this brilliant piece of work. I have already submitted a payment. I strongly encourage everyone else that will use this to do the same !
        Mike

Comment

Thanks very much Mike.

Regarding the database, personally, I would allocate Table1 for 'playing around' and set it to auto purge after a couple of days. Then set the other tables you want to record your permanent data with appropriate timers.

So long as you do not touch the database settings for Table2 onwards, you can play around with the Style and Create settings when the plugin is running without affecting data recording.

Basically leave Table1 and maybe Create1 for testing, which you can then disable once you have finished.

Obviously you can also edit the database directly and I would recommend DB Browser for SQLite: http://sqlitebrowser.org/
          Jon

Comment

Just installed the package and setup a few charts, works like a charm.
            Thank you very much for this, will play with it some more after christmas.
            Best christmas present so far

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
              Excellent work Jon00!!! Very powerful and flexible. I love what I am seeing already!

One question, what's the workflow for re-doing/rebuilding charts/data. Say for example I decide to change what I want in DBTable1. If I edit JonooDBCharting.ini, what happens to the existing SQLdb?

Again thank you for this brilliant piece of work. I have already submitted a payment. I strongly encourage everyone else that will use this to do the same !
              Sounds like good logic, thanks.
              Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Chiel View Post
                Just installed the package and setup a few charts, works like a charm.
                Thank you very much for this, will play with it some more after christmas.
                Best christmas present so far
                Thanks very much.

As I said at the top, If anyone has nice design(s), please post screen shots of your charts and your [chartstyle] settings.
                Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                  Thanks very much.

As I said at the top, If anyone has nice design(s), please post screen shots of your charts and your [chartstyle] settings.
                  Unfortunately I couldn't get it working on my x64 WHS2011 box. Tried running the exe in comparability mode but no dice. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by bandook View Post
                    Unfortunately I couldn't get it working on my x64 WHS2011 box. Tried running the exe in comparability mode but no dice. Bummer.
                    What happens? Does the plugin crash?

Did you copy the 3 Homeseer dll files as per the instructions?

Is there an errorlog file in the exe directory?
                    Last edited by jon00; December 24, 2014, 04:53 PM.
                    Jon

Comment

I've only been playing with this for a few hours but I have to say it is absolutely brilliant! Can't imagine that there is any charting I would want to do that I can't do with this utility.
                      The death of BDGraphs left a hole in my HS but this fills it 10 times over.
                      I hope donations flow in to reward you for the work that must have gone into this.
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                        I've only been playing with this for a few hours but I have to say it is absolutely brilliant! Can't imagine that there is any charting I would want to do that I can't do with this utility.
                        The death of BDGraphs left a hole in my HS but this fills it 10 times over.
                        I hope donations flow in to reward you for the work that must have gone into this.
                        Steve
                        Thanks very much Steve. Yes significant work has been put into this as I wanted to get this right first time!

I have one more new release to come which expand the methods to obtain data from a device string, primarily of use if the device value does not contain the correct info.

The first is via any number within the string which you can select to use (I use this method already in my virtual device graphing utility). The second is more important in that you can define words which you set a value against. So for example you can set 'heat' to 100 and 'cool' to 0. Therefore if the device string contains 'heat' (but not cool) the chart records 100 as the data value. Likewise if the device contains 'cool' (but not heat), the chart records 0 as the data value.

You could also have:

'on' as 100
                        'dim' as 50
                        'off' as 0

I hope this will make it more flexible with the thermostat devices.

I'm just waiting for any bugs/feature requests etc before I release after Christmas.
                        Jon

Comment

That will be the icing on the cake. Previously when I have wanted to chart say, zones in my heating system calling for heat, I have set up virtual devices with predefined values that are triggered by the actual device turning on or off then charted the virtual device instead of the actual device. That won't be necessary with your proposed development. Are you clairvoyant by any chance?
                          Steve

Comment

I know that HomeSeer resizes the images when displaying them in the Device Manager. I also know that they are built at 600X400 by default by your program. Is there any setting that would allow building a larger image if we wanted to display them in custom web pages?
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              I know that HomeSeer resizes the images when displaying them in the Device Manager. I also know that they are built at 600X400 by default by your program. Is there any setting that would allow building a larger image if we wanted to display them in custom web pages?
                              You can define the image to whatever size you want under the [ChartstyleX] entries. Alternatively, you could enlarge the existing image using the built-in resize capability which gives you a second image to use.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X